Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wondered if the text that Blaze Bernstein sent to his friend, characterized as "disturbing", came from him or his killer. Either way, SM and digital footprints were used to catch the perpetrator (along with the tracking device that LE put on his car).

Some people have a theory that Mollie planned to go jogging twice on the evening of July 18. I'd like to explore that possibility.

We know that Mollie arrived at the house-sit at 5:30. At 7:30, she went jogging. We know from her mother that she did not jog after dark, and that she typically jogged for 45 minutes.

She left the house at 7:30, and a 45 minute run ends at 8:15. We know that she has to pick up the car at her mom's house, so the question is: why would she return to the house-sit after jogging, and then turn around and jog to her mother's house at 8:30 to hopefully end her run before dark?

I can't see any reason why Mollie would go jogging once to end up at the house-sit and then go jogging again closer to dark to collect the car at her mother's house. How does that make sense for those who think she went jogging twice?

Sorry, I forgot to add why she might have gone back to the BF's house first. If she ran all the way down Pershing, and then turned north on Boundary, and then headed west on Spring and North to get back to Jackson (which would take her to her mom's area), that would only be 2.1 miles. Granted, we don't know how far she usually jogged, but I don't think an avid runner (even a slower one) needs 45 minutes to run 2 miles. I think the distance is too short and that's why she might have gone back to the BF's house first to lengthen the route.

Change of subject matter. Here's something to think about. LE wants to talk to people in certain areas who were there between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. In their list of behavioral changes LE states you may not have been able to get in touch with someone from the evening of 7/18 into the morning hours of 7/19. They don't care about any of those locations after 10 p.m. the night of 7/18, but they are directly implying that events related to the case were indeed happening after 10 p.m. Let's hear some thoughts.
Can we assume that after 10:00 pm she was either on her way or gone from the area?

It doesn’t. You are spot on here. I proposed this theory a couple weeks ago, to allow for what I believed to be true at the time, that LE believed she returned home. I no longer believe this to be true. Also, with what we know about Mollie running well before dark, it just doesn’t jibe with this past behavior (it would be around dusk if she did this).

Thanks. I can't see any logical reason for Mollie to jog 45 minutes from the house-sit back to the house-sit, and then jog again to get the car. Assuming that she did the logical thing, that means that she was not abducted near or at the house-sit unless it happened at 7:45 on W. Pershing Dr.

I hope I do not offend anyone here, because that is not my intention what so ever......just reading and following this story since it's development.....reading online news, etc......someone in earlier posts here.....stated that something else is going on....something bigger than we know anything about.

I just think it is awfully strange....that a small town girl (no matter how popular and sweet) living a normal life.....bf, family, college, jogging, church, working with children.....involved in many normal activities.....her disappearance causes the VP of the USA to make a visit with family.....not that the family is below receiving acknowledgement, help, etc.....I just take it as weird or strange. It makes me suspicious in other words.

I always wondered if the text that Blaze Bernstein sent to his friend, characterized as "disturbing", came from him or his killer. Either way, SM and digital footprints were used to catch the perpetrator (along with the tracking device that LE put on his car).
Exactly. There was a trove of digital evidence that helped break that case. That’s my issue here. Assuming that evidence like that exists, we should have direction (if not an arrest by now). Of course Blaze knew his killer, this fact is making me question if Mollie knew her abductor.

Perhaps they now have information on when the Snapchat was actually sent, or there was activity on or she logged into her U of Iowa account around that time?

On the Snapchat -- They said they were going to look closely at all her social media so I gotta believe they have gotten the info on that. A search warrant will give them the info on when it was sent. Someone already posted this link, but I'll re-post it for anyone who didn't see it.

Does law enforcement have access to your Snapchat photos? A simple guide

"For instance, if you sent me a picture of your dog last week and your Snapchat records were acquired through a search warrant, it would show that you sent me a message and at what time, but would not show that it was a picture of your dog."

LE has also said there was no communication after her jog so that leads me to believe it was sent before then.

Thanks. I can't see any logical reason for Mollie to jog 45 minutes from the house-sit back to the house-sit, and then jog again to get the car. Assuming that she did the logical thing, that means that she was not abducted near or at the house-sit unless it happened at 7:45 on W. Pershing Dr.

Those of us who run aren't after logic haha... I used to trail run in an area fuklnof gators. 8 bodies were actually found YARDS from where I ran...

I hope I do not offend anyone here, because that is not my intention what so ever......just reading and following this story since it's development.....reading online news, etc......someone in earlier posts here.....stated that something else is going on....something bigger than we know anything about.

I just think it is awfully strange....that a small town girl (no matter how popular and sweet) living a normal life.....bf, family, college, jogging, church, working with children.....involved in many normal activities.....her disappearance causes the VP of the USA to make a visit with family.....not that the family is below receiving acknowledgement, help, etc.....I just take it as weird or strange. It makes me suspicious in other words.
He was there for political reasons, to speak and meet with politicians. Iowa is incredibly important politically, and every politician running for major political office, stops by. He was there and heard about the case. I would have been surprised if he didn’t do anything, as this case has garnered a tremendous amount of national attention.

I don't think she went jogging twice. I think it's a plausible scenario that she jogged Pershing to W. 2nd back to the BF's house (which would take possibly even less than 45 minutes as it's only about 2.5 miles). But let's say it's the full 45 minutes, plus maybe 10 minutes in the house. That would be 8:30. If she were to walk on the roads (and not cut through any fields), that would take less than 20 minutes to walk (it's only one mile). That would put her at her mom's house at 8:50. According to weather.com, the sun set in Brooklyn at 8:45pm on 7/18.

Sure, but why would she do that? She hadn't eaten, so she's going to jog 45 minutes, return to the house-sit, not change or shower, and then walk to her mother's house in her jogging clothing at sunset?

I personally wouldn't read anything into it.
He was in the area.
Condoleezza Rice visited with the Holloways back in the day

JMO

He was in the area.

JMO
He was in the area.

JMO
Cool, thanks for the info Dushi

Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned because I am finding it impossible to keep up with the rapidly moving threads in this case. I just had a look at the map on the findingmollie.iowa.gov website for the first time and something immediately stood out to me. On the map, in addition to the red dots indicating the areas of interest, there are also markers all over it that are labeled with a letter/number combination (either VXX or FXX). Could these markers have been added by LE -- for their personal use -- to notate the location of pings or the location of a network's tower/satellite/signal (like V meaning Verizon & F meaning FitBit)? This notion may be totally out in left field but is something I immediately considered.

Those are normal map notations, nothing to do with Mollie.

I don't think she went jogging twice. I think it's a plausible scenario that she jogged Pershing to W. 2nd back to the BF's house (which would take possibly even less than 45 minutes as it's only about 2.5 miles). But let's say it's the full 45 minutes, plus maybe 10 minutes in the house. That would be 8:30. If she were to walk on the roads (and not cut through any fields), that would take less than 20 minutes to walk (it's only one mile). That would put her at her mom's house at 8:50. According to weather.com, the sun set in Brooklyn at 8:45pm on 7/18.

I could see that. Brief stop at the house for a drink of water. Then walk over to Mom's to grab the car/get dinner/etc. Brings phone/armband/earbuds so she can listen to music as she walks. Something happens along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico