Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading about Erica Baker today and can’t shake that this is something similar. Although the man came forward that hit her and hid the body, her body has never been recovered. The perp did six years for abuse of a corpse but walked out of prison in 2011. I really feel this is very similar. He stated he covered it up because he was in the midst of a robbery and was driving suspended. It is suspected that he may have buried her alive and recovering her body would lead to more charges. Just so sad!

Beating a dead horse here, but given the suggestions that there is evidence that Mollie returned home after her run, is there a link to information to support this point?

Police have said that her last communication and sighting was while jogging. What evidence is there to refute this police statement, and support the opposite point that she was in fact at the house-sit after she went jogging?
What about the family looking at her browser history and drawing the conclusion that she was online doing coursework? This looking at browser history generated at least a few MSM articles talking about how she did come home and was doing coursework. The issue is murky as family stopped talking about the issue and LE seemed to focus on the jog. I honestly don't think we have enough info to go on to say she never returned to house other than LE spending more time recently talking about the jog. Is it possible that LE talking about the jog being where she went missing is a red herring when in fact she went missing the next morning? Nothing seems clear to me so I wonder what makes it clear to you as your statement was very strong about her not returning to house.

@otto I am trying to understand what you meant in the post you made on the issue of no communication "Since police have said that there is no communication from Mollie after she went jogging, we know that she did not return home and use her computer to access her online course". Don't you think its possible that LE was referring to 'communication' to mean verbal or text or email rather than online coursework? Why would you think that 'communication' was meant to include coursework online?

In a prior thread we went back and forth quite a bit discussing the ins-outs of the various online platforms and it seemed like with the platform MT had at Iowa that she could have logged in earlier and the system might not have logged her out. I understand that you are making a very definitive statement/drawing a conclusion about MT not arriving home again based on LE making only a general statement about 'no communication'. We had statement from the family in the early days of this saga that they had looked at history logs and it seemed like she had been working after the jog. I don't think we really know what LE meant when it said 'no communication' so I'm trying to understand how you thought about this entire statement from LE and why you felt the online coursework would fall under the LE use of the word 'communication'? Fine point, maybe or maybe not?!!

My point is that in order to make the statement you are making that a number of assumptions had to be made about what LE meant when it said 'no communication' and I'm not sure LE has confirmed any of those assumptions to the public yet. I think this is one of the reasons why we are still dancing around how what happened did in fact happen. In contrast to your more broad interpretation of the use of the word 'communication', I used a narrower interpretation of 'communiation' to then assume she might have been doing schoolwork after the jog.

It's not just the statement from LE that makes people think that she never got home from the jog.
- The only things missing from the house were things that she wore when jogging and things she took with her when jogging.
- LE stated that the last time she was seen was when she was jogging at 7:30. It seems odd to me that they would say that if they had a good feeling that she returned to the house.
- And the dogs were in the basement, which means the last time she left the house was more than likely on her own accord. Doesn't necessarily mean she was jogging as she could have left the house again after returning from jogging. But it doesn't make sense that they would be down there if she was at the home.

I feel that he has done all he can do. He has said that he trusts law enforcement to be the experts. If and when they find Mollie, I'm sure he'll take the first flight back. He probably can't afford not to work, or was only given so much time off for family leave and doesn't want to lose his job if there isn't anything more he can do anyway. Perhaps they'll still interview him from Cali. Going to work will probably be good for him.
I agree. My heart hurts for him. That will certainly be a long flight back.

No kidding look at the amount of “guests” on right now
THAT’S EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!! Why so many guests? Maybe this site should require registration... NAMUS does. Just makes sense in case. I’m also leaning towards a “slight suspicion” that this could be a serial perp. LE kept so many things under wraps for Derrick Todd Lee in Baton Rouge. Hindsight always 20/20 but they could have possibly prevented more killings with letting us in on info sooner. He stalked his victims. Never sign of struggle except for my sisters next door neighbor... I dunno... But 2 days ago I got a creepy feeling that he’s on here... lurking

On my way home today I used the app Waze. It's been some time since I used it last. Today I noticed an option where you can send your location using the app. Any chance LE might have gotten some of these map points because Mollie was sending someone her location and ETA using the app?

I really don't have anything to tie into my discovery today but thought I'd share in case someone else found it useful.
That
It’s definitely important to remember those early details, but it’s just important to remember that those details can change as more evidence comes to light. The intial reporting on any case, tends to be riddled with inaccuracies. I’m not saying that’s necessarily the case here, but it’s something I am taking into account, especially as I am backing away from the theory that Mollie did in fact return from her run.
So true, and although that was my initial theory, it is looking more and more like she did go missing towards the end of her run, maybe even from the driveway of the home, before she made it inside.

THAT’S EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!! Why so many guests? Maybe this site should require registration... NAMUS does. Just makes sense in case. I’m also leaning towards a “slight suspicion” that this could be a serial perp. LE kept so many things under wraps for Derrick Todd Lee in Baton Rouge. Hindsight always 20/20 but they could have possibly prevented more killings with letting us in on info sooner. He stalked his victims. Never sign of struggle except for my sisters next door neighbor... I dunno... But 2 days ago I got a creepy feeling that he’s on here... lurking

I have kind of thought all along, but yesterday was my day to really really think so.

We know that there was no credible communication with Mollie after she was jogging. On that basis, we know that she did not login to her online course and communicate with the online course content at the house-sit after she went jogging. Therefore, there is no evidence that she returned to the house-sit after jogging.

Maybe I can ask the question another way on this communication issue. What statement from LE are you using to say that there was 'no credible communication for MT after she was jogging'? How are you sure that LE didn't mean to differentiate between online coursework and 'communication'? We had so much discussion about online homework in earlier threads. So, based on your reading of what LE has said, do you think she was logged in to school and then left to jog and no evidence of her working online exists after she went on jog and this is how they know she never returned to BF house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member