Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! And the only reason I put the jog up Mills St was because of a weird feeling I got when watching SharonNeedles video #3. Could have been Mills to Green to Boundary and up to North. The Mills/Green/Pleasant area bothers me a lot.

Edit: Correction ...it was video #4
There is a SO that lives 2 blocks from Green, 1 block from Pleasant, and 1 block from Mills on Pershing. The other SO in the area lives close to Des Moines and Mills. Could be coincidence, or it could be spidey sense.

Someone should always have my password.
Believe me. I run the roads all hours of the night and day mostly alone.
And the drugs they overdosed on were fentanyl laced heroin, so they needed the dealers' names and info as quickly as possible as there were many od's in my nice middle-class neighborhood that icy weekend.
And they got what they needed in spades.
And justice was done in the suicide of my ex.

Well, most people wouldn't have that issue...

If we assume that the three sightings of her were all correct, then the 7:30pm sighting on Pershing was NOT the last one. However, the FBI missing person’s posting states that the last place she was known to be was on Pershing. So, what if she had looped around? That location is extremely close to DJ’s house and it would make sense for her to be that way. Could it be a missing link in the timeline?

Also, a time-stamped videotape of her running by the general store or car wash, etc would have happened after the initial sighting on Pershing at 7:30 and be considered verifiable. I still feel that there’s more to that point of interest.

Great observation!

64.1% of murders are cleared in the U.S. So folks far more intelligent than you and I- writers with imaginations- have their hands up in the air year after year, murder after murder. This comes in mighty handy for any serial killers who are alive and out there if LE can't or won't trace some or many of these murders back to them. If the killers were known to their victims, I want to believe LE, in many cases, simply can't bring enough evidence to court but do, in the end, know who did the murder. because if LE can't figure it out, well....

I keep circling back to her social media being open to anyone, I keep debating the convenience of her home alone that night, which was an unusual situation. I keep going to, as well, what a clean, clean lift off the street that was. Local yokel? Just not seeing it. This comes across as professional. Cue the cows: moomoomoo

Interesting. Totally agree that SM in this case made whatever happened so easy to find and track MT. If we ever learn what happened to MT I really wonder if the perp did use her SM footprint to connect with her or track her?

What is your take on MT Dad theory of person well known to her has her hidden away some place? This could account for the clean lift as you call it and it could have been luck pure and simple on the part of the perp that MT got into a car or went to someone's house and left no trace (that we know of at least!). At this point I'm not sure what or who to believe!? The Dad Theory seems plausible but I wonder what information he has to support the theory or if it was part of a larger campaign of confusion by LE to simply buy more time to remain silent until they found who they were looking for? Reward is up to $400,000 and climbing. Still no MT.

It’s not about being stupid enough to kill again. If the cases were connected, or the possibility of a sk was out there, LE would be obligated to warn the public that they need to be more vigilant. Moo
Yeah, agreed. I just don't know what to make of it all, who does!?! I just hope LE can do their thing soon.

Gideon would've figured it out on the plane and drove straight to perp's house upon landing. Hotch? Meh. Not so much.

JMO.

I like you. We'd get along just fine.

I do have some questions about the case, mostly about the various time discrepancies. I strongly feel that they have found something on her computer (or fitbit or phone). And the dad's hypothetical about her going off with someone who misunderstood their relationship still pings with me. It isn't so odd that he thought it, but interesting that they let him say it.

The state police cannot do this?

Yes they can, but the FBI brings a bigger hammer and more resources to the game. Not all state level agencies bring the same depth of experience to the table. The FBI cybertech people likely have more familiarity with the individual companies that have the data they need, and can more quickly gather this information without the steep learning curve that a less experienced state agency would have to overcome.

There is a SO that lives 2 blocks from Green, 1 block from Pleasant, and 1 block from Mills on Pershing. The other SO in the area lives close to Des Moines and Mills. Could be coincidence, or it could be spidey sense.
I know the majority people don’t give any credence to things like geographic clairsetience, but I’ve been this way my whole life. We are planning on moving to a new area and I’m making my DH drive through areas to get a “sense” for the places lol It is really creepy that SOs live in that area. Worried about Mollie’s fate.

Interesting. Totally agree that SM in this case made whatever happened so easy to find and track MT. If we ever learn what happened to MT I really wonder if the perp did use her SM footprint to connect with her or track her?

What is your take on MT Dad theory of person well known to her has her hidden away some place? This could account for the clean lift as you call it and it could have been luck pure and simple on the part of the perp that MT got into a car or went to someone's house and left no trace (that we know of at least!). At this point I'm not sure what or who to believe!? The Dad Theory seems plausible but I wonder what information he has to support the theory or if it was part of a larger campaign of confusion by LE to simply buy more time to remain silent until they found who they were looking for? Reward is up to $400,000 and climbing. Still no MT.

Not sure what you mean...it appears that social media has not helped much...what do you see that I don’t?

I'm there with you. In order for me, personally, to see SK in all of this I'd need to see a clearer MO for comparison's sake. With so little info released, that's just not possible right now. While there ARE more serial killers out there than I am comfortable with, people are much more likely to be killed by someone they know. I have been a true crime ghostwriter (as well as a mystery writer in my own name) for nearly 15 years and in all the cases I wrote about and researched, only one case ended with the person being a victim of a SK. When new cases pop up, however, and discussions get going that seems to be the fallback answer. (Fallback after family involvement, anyway.) Real life isn't all a Criminal Minds episode-which is too bad, in a way, because Garcia would have had the digital footprint stuff wrapped up before the wheels went up.
Of all those cases, or what you can best remember, how many were cases in which people vanished without a trace, (so to speak) and did not have marital problems or intimate partner type conflicts, or financial or other significant problems( including affairs) an approximate number? Or estimate. And.. who WAS commonly the person guilty of the crime? I am extremely curious about this. It could be information useful to all of us!

I know the majority people don’t give any credence to things like geographic clairsetience, but I’ve been this way my whole life. We are planning on moving to a new area and I’m making my DH drive through areas to get a “sense” for the places lol It is really creepy that SOs live in that area. Worried about Mollie’s fate.

And, not only are they RSOs ... but Tier 3 RSOs!

Bear with me... You're a single young woman staying overnight alone at your boyfriends house. You've got homework, you're taking care of dogs, and you've got to figure out dinner. You're going to keep that car with you for security, and especially, if you need the car in the morning. First thing you do, is drop your brother off at Mom's, instead of being dropped off.
It makes no sense, unless, Mollie "can't drive".
Or rather, Mollie can drive, but has panic attacks when doing so, and relies on her brother to drive their car.
or brother needed the car that evening for work or something. i agree with what you're saying though. Unless he was going to need the car that evening, it would be more logical if she just kept the car.

This isn't the first time I've seen this mentioned, and I just don't get it. It's not like she was 10 miles out in the middle of nowhere with no close neighbors, she was at the edge of town where she could have walked anywhere she needed to go within a few minutes. Exactly what type of security would a car provide in her situation?
I noticed this also, my thoughts on it are, People who never had to be without a car, or haven't had to make due all that much in life, may have forgotten, or never learned, how easy it can be to actually walk...places. ;)

Just thinking.. If Mr.Tibbetts travels home this weekend it makes me feel so badly for him and DJ- they seem like such a great support system for one another- this whole case is very sad- the not knowing has to be the worst part- this family is so strong!!Prayers that RT can try to acclimate back to his life with his new wife and somehow DJ can keep on keeping on- I cannot imagine how they must feel- if only Mollie could be found- I also cannot imagine where she is or what she may have endured- heartbreaking all the way around.

Trust your gut!

The family doesn't find it strange, I would think they know their communication patterns better than we do. So it's a non-issue
This bears repeating! Amen! I had grown so tired of the "Mom blame", and now it appears to be branching out to "family" blame... Ugh. Let's hope your simple eloquent statement of truth puts an end to it, at long last! Thank you.

LE seldom brings a “serial killer” theory to the public unless there is a DNA match or strong similarities in method of killing and/or disposal, i.e a signature. There is nothing known to suggest any of the an an cases mentioned are linked.

Also Mollie looks no more like a little girl than I do lol...she looks like a healthy, athletic young woman. The whole “mistaken for a child” thing seemed to have more to do with a pink coat that a child who had wandered off may have been wearing a similar one...I think Mollie turned into “I look like a 10-yr old” as a better funny story for social media. Jmo
So in other words LE will never suspect an SK without a substantial amount of evidence. Just one thing like the location of a crime being close to another crime or similarity in lack of evidence wouldn't be enough for them to even suspect a SK? Just want to make sure I understand so I can rule it out in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evada12