Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is frustrating when we have so little information to go with. I trust LE and FBI know what they're doing and need us out of their way with this one. This is a small town and it could become a lynch mob with too much public awareness. I also find it very interesting as far as what they aren't asking for from the public, at least not as of yet.

You are a far more trusting person than I. God bless ya.

If police believe Mollie was killed by a motorist (probably intoxicated), they would not think that the public at large is in danger. Another possible theory that has been discussed. Makes sense in the respect that they know something like that happened, even if they don't know who or why.

In a hit-and-run case, LE typically announces that and prompts the public to BOLO for damaged vehicles... AFAIK we aren't seeing that in this case.

The Wednesday night church actually is something to think about. Who regularly attended? Was a regular attendee not there that night?
And what about youth group? Was that on Wednesday? A parent could have been dropping their kid off at youth group and had a little time to spare.

Respectfully snipped by me...

Maybe Sharon Needles could drive to the Co-Op and get us some video of the cam?

In looking at a Google photo of the Co-Op, it looks like, IMO, there are two cameras on the side of the building facing the Jack’s home. There is also one on the front of the building to the far right. Don’t know about the other side or rear of the building. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
One month and no suspect and I'm starting to believe that aspect myself. I can think of cases such Yingying Zhang in IL and Zuzu Verk in TX where an arrest was made over a month later, but LE was already looking at a person. There might be an arrest this coming week, but I'd be surprised.

LE may be looking closely at suspects in this case. They often don't name suspects before an arrest. I sure don't believe their lack of information to the public is a sign the case is growing cold. Brooklyn has a consolidated high school that covers three communities, Brooklyn, Guernsey and Malcom. Mollie worked in another community, Grinnell. That is a very wide geographic area to investigate.

a lot of people congregated at one place, like church, could also take a lot of eyes away from the outside areas.

1987, true. Could be why the perp waited til Wednesday and MAYBE abducted Mollie near the church. Maybe because he knew most people would be at church (less witnesses). Just speculation though.

Schedule

Says nothing on Wednesdays for St. Patrick's. Wednedsay mass would be in Victor which is ~9 miles away.

is the area 100 percent catholic? maybe so I don't know. I can see where church could remove eyes from outside during a part of the time in question I can also see where it could put more eyes on the street in a small part of the time in question. it is just a potential. I can also see where the time in question is enough hours that church might not apply at all. there is more that does not apply than does, a million things could apply, only a few actually do, the problem being no one knows what to throw away right now. moo

In looking at a Google photo of the Co-Op, it looks like, IMO, there are two cameras on the side of the building facing the Jack’s home. There is also one on the front of the building to the far right. Don’t know about the other side or rear of the building. <modsnip>

The cameras would need to point somewhere.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Holiday Lake? I looked at the page for HOA and it seems like the lake is surrounded by homes. It doesn't seem very isolated and there would be a good chance of someone dumping a body of either being seen, or having the body be inevitably found by a fisherman since the lake is constantly stocked with fish.
There is a draw to a familiar childhood place, like a Holiday Lake. The Lake is fairly large, and a local would know the hidey-holes and where the best spot to dispose would be. I'm sticking to this, as well as the mine as the two top spots I'd want to rule out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member