Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is frustrating when we have so little information to go with. I trust LE and FBI know what they're doing and need us out of their way with this one. This is a small town and it could become a lynch mob with too much public awareness. I also find it very interesting as far as what they aren't asking for from the public, at least not as of yet.

I agree. And it could be that, honestly, LE does not have a lot of information. If the perp has no known connection with Mollie, there is no evidence from the abduction site, there are no witnesses, and there is no surveillance footage, LE may have few cards to play. As much as it sucks, sometimes this is what happens. I'm not willing to conclude this yet about Mollies case. I am certain that LE is working their tails off. They are living and breathing this case. If they felt that there is something the public could provide to help them, they would not hesitate to ask.

There is a draw to a familiar childhood place, like a Holiday Lake. The Lake is fairly large, and a local would know the hidey-holes and where the best spot to dispose would be. I'm sticking to this, as well as the mine as the two top spots I'd want to rule out.

There is also a quarry, it's a bit farther away.

I have been sitting back watching the wheels spin on this case.

Just thought I'd throw another angle into the mix...that just came to my mind and may be off track...but worth throwing out there, I thought.

What are the local bars in Brooklyn? There has been speculation about a hit and run/drunk driver...but what about the idea (speculation) that a local bar patron was looking for a good time after leaving the bar and saw an opportunity?

Also, wouldn't local bars be likely to have some cameras?

This is JUST an IDEA...not even a formulated opinion.

I would be interested if LE have stopped at the locals watering holes and done interviews?

....who knows?

Just another angle of people to look at...since apparently everyone/thing is still on the table.

Poor Mollie and her loved ones.

Respectfully disagree Jax. I'm expecting to pop on here and see the "arrest" badge soon. Very soon. Sloppy Perp, a novice.

Really? I've really struggled to think of anything to say on this case because LE have been so tight-lipped. How have you managed to come to such specific conclusions?

Perhaps we are referring to the same spot; Martin-Marietta mine? That mine and the Holiday Lake are my two targets. The mine caught my eye for the obvious, including the lime.

Martin-Marietta has a few mines and quarries in the area. There's the Malcom mine, the Sully mine, the Ferguson quarry. Also there are other lakes like Ponderosa which seems similar to Holiday in that it's got a lot of homes around it; that is closer to Montezuma.

I agree. And it could be that, honestly, LE does not have a lot of information. If the perp has no known connection with Mollie, there is no evidence from the abduction site, there are no witnesses, and there is no surveillance footage, LE may have few cards to play. As much as it sucks, sometimes this is what happens. I'm not willing to conclude this yet about Mollies case. I am certain that LE is working their tails off. They are living and breathing this case. If they felt that there is something the public could provide to help them, they would not hesitate to ask.
I am certain also that they are working their tails off, the problems, (if any) usually arise, not from lack of initiative but from internal power struggles, ego problems, plain ineptitude, and yes, ( most grievously) sometimes deliberate sabotage. (whether criminal in nature,or purely cma type).

In a hit-and-run case, LE typically announces that and prompts the public to BOLO for damaged vehicles... AFAIK we aren't seeing that in this case.
One of the DCI investigators sort of mentioned damaged vehicles in Monday's presser as part of the list to report (bbm): "...a vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold or disposed of..." It wasn't emphasized, but then, as far as we know, they still haven't located a crime scene that would indicate whether Mollie was hit by a car or not.

I previously posted the (mod-approved) transcript I made of the 8/13 presser, but it's attached here again for anyone who might find it useful.

Attachments

• Mollie Tibbetts 8-13-18 press conference.pdf
    240.9 KB · Views: 15
I took a look at the City of Brooklyn's FB page to see if anything unusual was going on just prior to MT's disappearance. The town's been buzzing for over a month about the upcoming steam train event tomorrow (fundraiser for the vollies/EMT squad). But something else caught my eye: the Brooklyn City Council meetings (agendas and reports are on the FB page) have mentioned serious dissatisfaction with the slow work on a waste treatment plant by an Iowa City construction company. They'd even discussed firing the company by July 31 if the work wasn't completed. The linked Des Moines Register article from Nov. 2017 says at that point the project was 4 months behind schedule, so seven months beyond that means disgruntled people involved. Construction of facility is four months behind schedule .

Where's that construction site? Any locals know if the waste plant's construction crew members are living in Brooklyn? Maybe in trailers on the work site, or in RV's? I'm wondering about possibly stressed, lonely, p.o.'d construction workers from out of town watching the local girls. Iowa City's less that an hour east, but who knows where home is for those men.

Mickey S was hit on the bike, not on her body correct?

Mollie was running and if she was hit, there would be screaming and probably blood, no?

Screaming for sure. It would be hard to control the speed of a car to hit her lightly enough. At any speed a couple ton vehicle is going to inflict damage.

Rain that night sure would take care of the blood issues, though. The perp’s car would be filled with blood and I doubt if it is easy to get out and it sure would stink in the hot weather.

I had milk spill in my car in the winter. I had it cleaned up with every special product by a pro and in the summer it was vomiting gross.

Iowa has so many tornadoes that storm shelters must be common. Also, I bet there are some houses with bomb shelters. But who would know that?

My friend lives in suburban Wisconsin and she found out a neighbor has a bomb shelter when the house went up for sale.

My guess is that most Iowa farmers are quite well to do.

One of the DCI investigators sort of mentioned damaged vehicles in Monday's presser as part of the list to report (bbm): "...a vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold or disposed of..." It wasn't emphasized, but then, as far as we know, they still haven't located a crime scene that would indicate whether Mollie was hit by a car or not.

I previously posted the (mod-approved) transcript I made of the 8/13 presser, but it's attached here again for anyone who might find it useful.

You could insert different names into that transcript and it would be boilerplate in any active missing persons case in which foul play were suspected. I was surprised they waited so long to do it.

Going to Brooklyn tomorrow to check things out. Any ideas of where to check, let me know. I feel like living this close, I should be doing something to help. I’m going to check out the camera situation on Electric Co. Any other areas of interest, please let me know.

Going to Brooklyn tomorrow to check things out. Any ideas of where to check, let me know. I feel like living this close, I should be doing something to help. I’m going to check out the camera situation on Electric Co. Any other areas of interest, please let me know.

If you could get an idea about where the cameras at the co-op are actually pointing, that would be fantastic. Thank you!

Perhaps, but the problem is that people have been sleuthing one of the employees partially based on your report that the co-op said the camera was down and to pay inside.

If you saw it on this page: Payment Options | T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative then the choice is paying inside or a 24 hour drop box. I'm not sure why the cameras being out would make a difference in not using the drop box - first, it's a sleepy rural town, not exactly a crime-ridden area. Second you drop off checks. I guess I don't see why you wouldn't use a drop-box even if the camera was out.

I have trouble understanding that as well. Our co-op doesn't even have cameras, never has, and that hasn't affected our ability to pay outside in the dropbox.

The employee page was removed because people were making a jump from this case to one in Indiana and harassing an employee who they thought slightly resembled that sketch (even though it seems like most of middle America resembles it).

In the Mickey Shunick case the perp took his car far away and burned it.

Martin-Marietta has a few mines and quarries in the area. There's the Malcom mine, the Sully mine, the Ferguson quarry. Also there are other lakes like Ponderosa which seems similar to Holiday in that it's got a lot of homes around it; that is closer to Montezuma.

I would assume anything owned by Martin-Marietta are highly secured areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321