Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold after ONE month? As several posters have pointed out, this is not TV, and in real life, crimes are not solved in one hour. Investigators have to be thorough and diligent and protect the privacy rights of individuals. If you've followed other cases, you know that LE doesn't arrest suspects on the public's time frame. They take care to assemble evidence sufficient enough to bring the case to trial before arresting a suspect. Speaking of which, LE is also very careful with terminology. They say "person of interest" before they say "suspect" and even then, they are not quick to name names. The first case I followed was the Laci/Scott Peterson case. I am sure that LE knew from the jump who they would be arresting for that heinous crime. It took them four months to get the evidence and make the arrest. Props to all of the dedicated LEOs who work behind the scenes on difficult cases and take all of the heat when the public gets anxious.

Post of the week! Well said Kapua! Mahalo!

Hi mtnlites, in the attached photos of the TIP building, I have circled in red what appears to be cameras. Are they lights or what, now that you say there are no cameras on the building. By the way, thank you for the confirmation.

No idea because I don't live in Brooklyn. I was just commenting on the idea that people couldn't pay outside in a dropbox because the cameras are broken.

I don't know if Brooklyn is predominantly Catholic or Protestant, but in addition to the Catholic church, there is a Presbyterian church, a Methodist church, a Church of Christ, and what sounds like a Baptist church in (or around) Brooklyn.

Thank you Al Hoffman. And yes, at 7:00 pm July 18th, there was a Listening Forum, at the Presbyterian Church right on Clay Str.

If deemed important because of its location, I'm sure LE would have been interested in interviewing attendees.

mtnlites, I know I never went to church on Wednesday (and don't go to church now because I am a heathen too. LOL!!). But USUALLY in small towns many people go to church on Wednesday. I am not the norm. I know I live in a small town and on Wednesday nights the restaurants (mainly family restaurants) are packed usually after church.

Which means that folks aren't at home, or aren't on the road (much). Which could make Wednesday night a great time to be out and about, and on the hunt!

No idea because I don't live in Brooklyn. I was just commenting on the idea that people couldn't pay outside in a dropbox because the cameras are broken.

But there are no cameras on the TIP building, correct? Were you referring to your Co-op outside of Brooklyn having no cameras, or the TIP building in Brooklyn that I posted photos of? TIA

Hi mtnlites, in the attached photos of the TIP building, I have circled in red what appears to be cameras. Are they lights or what, now that you say there are no cameras on the building. By the way, thank you for the confirmation.

This may sound like an exceedingly dumb question. Are those cameras or lights?

Cold case as in LE not actively working on it ? No, not cold.

But unless something changes quickly, I don't think LE is anywhere close to making as arrest.
I doubt Mr. Tibbitts would go home if he thought this was close to being solved.

All JMO

This may sound like an exceedingly dumb question. Are those cameras or lights?

I think the ones highlighted in those pics are lights but this one here is a camera I think?

IRSc.png

Looks like it only looks to the right toward the car park and not the main road.

May I ask where you got those photos of the co-op? If they are from Google they were taken in 2013. The digger was on the lawn then, but someone was doing work on the road as you can see in the Google street view. If it is a current photo, please let me know.

Thank you Al Hoffman. And yes, at 7:00 pm July 18th, there was a Listening Forum, at the Presbyterian Church right on Clay Str.

If deemed important because of its location, I'm sure LE would have been interested in interviewing attendees.
The Listening Forum took place at a church in West Des Moines. The calendar is for all the Presbyterian churches within the Presbytery of Des Moines. The Presbyterian Church in Brooklyn, by the looks of it, is probably small.

bbm

Cold after ONE month? As several posters have pointed out, this is not TV, and in real life, crimes are not solved in one hour. Investigators have to be thorough and diligent and protect the privacy rights of individuals. If you've followed other cases, you know that LE doesn't arrest suspects on the public's time frame. They take care to assemble evidence sufficient enough to bring the case to trial before arresting a suspect. Speaking of which, LE is also very careful with terminology. They say "person of interest" before they say "suspect" and even then, they are not quick to name names. The first case I followed was the Laci/Scott Peterson case. I am sure that LE knew from the jump who they would be arresting for that heinous crime. It took them four months to get the evidence and make the arrest. Props to all of the dedicated LEOs who work behind the scenes on difficult cases and take all of the heat when the public gets anxious.

bbm

cold case
noun
  1. an unsolved criminal investigation which remains open pending the discovery of new evidence.
    "the cold cases that have never been solved"

There is no time frame criteria that defines when a case is "cold." Nor are volume or level of LE activity. All it takes to categorize a case as "cold" is when no "new" evidence is discovered.

I seriously doubt "new" evidence is even trickling in. Of course, there is no time frame for when "new" evidence might be forthcoming but given the size of the town and potential passers-through on July 18 and given the widespread publicity this case has received we can safely assume that sponge has been thoroughly squeezed.

The cold waiting game has since begun.

Last edited:
The Listening Forum took place at a church in West Des Moines. The calendar is for all the Presbyterian churches within the Presbytery of Des Moines. The Presbyterian Church in Brooklyn, by the looks of it, is probably small.

Yes, I checked all the churches in Brooklyn and found no Wednesday evening events.

Grace United Methodist

Presbyterian Church - Brooklyn, Iowa - Presbyterian Church | Facebook

Madison Church of Christ

St Patrick Catholic Church - Brooklyn, Iowa - Catholic Church, Religious Organization | Facebook

I just saw this posted on Facebook. And now I am starting to THINK do you think someone PRETENDED to be a cop and approached Mollie? Just a thought I had. It has been happening a lot lately from what I have seen all over the USA. But if that happened I would THINK someone in the area would have seen a car that resembled a cop car (or saw a vehicle with flashing lights). Also WHY would Mollie get into a cop car UNLESS the perp had a stun gun or something to subdue her and put her in his car. Of course this woman got away and was only raped (I would think the perp who took Mollie would do more than just rape). But it COULD still be another scenario. If it was a cop impersonator Mollie may have been MORE LIKELY to walk up the vehicle (to where the perp COULD subdue her).

Police impersonator at large after raping woman in Grand Prairie, police say | Crime | Dallas News

Makes me wonder of what MT reported of her experience in the library: a "cop" approached her to ascertain if she was the "missing child wearing a pink coat." Did that same "cop" approach MT once again, the most recent time during when she was jogging?

I suppose that is as plausible a scenario as any we have speculated to date.

I have been following this case off and on and I am most intrigued by it making a record as far as fundraising for her being safely returned.

Or their IT guy noticed that there was so much traffic to the employee page that it could crash the server. It could be a really big thing. Or n0thing.

The IT guy that is also a witness in this case?

I can't find that on MSM. Do you have a link? Thanks so much!

Do you have a link? Thanks, that would make a lot of difference.

The Daily Mail quoted the mother as saying two red t shirts were still in Mollie's room, but she was not sure if there was ever a third...

There is an audio interview at this link with Bill Hemmer and two of the reporters from Fox who were sent to Iowa, Cristina Corbin and Andrew Keiper.
The red shirt is discussed starting at about the 10:34 mark, and Andrew Keiper says this: "The mom even said on background that she had seen the shirt that they found and it wasn't Mollie's."

Tracking the Mollie Tibbetts Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member