Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I post a link if it’s on her FB or Insta? It’s her comment under her photo

Any idea of her workouts then? She would have had a longer slow day in there somewhere and the distance would depend on how long until the actual half... I was a track coach and also trained a team for a 191 mile run and have run thousands of miles over the years myself

Brats might not be her thing and her mom knew that, so the "OK" reply from MT was enough of a response...

Even tho it was a seemingly trivial interaction, I'm so glad her Mom had a chance to connect with her just prior to her disappearance. I'm sure she will hold on to that little slice of time, that little interaction forever. I pray that the connection, the intuition that only a mother has about her child can help lead to resolution. I hope Mollie's Mom is listening quietly in her heart. She should trust those instincts, although inexplicable, only can come from a mom.

I don't believe they'll find a body. I honestly believe she's alive and being held captive somewhere, as awful as that sounds. Based on the evidence, I truly believe this is the work of an experienced abductor, or group of abductors, who may or may not have befriended/groomed Molly prior to the abduction. The abduction was far too clean and well executed (evidence-wise) for it to have been a simple opportunistic abduction/sexual assault/murder case. The intent was to get her, and keep her alive somewhere as a captive, IMO.

The lack of information on the part of investigators has been beyond frustrating. I'm noticing a pattern in these types of cases. For abduction/ sexual assault situations, particularly involving children or young females, there seems to be a concerted effort by authorities to mute details, for fear of the public's reaction. For example in the Evansdale murders ( 2 young girls) / and the Delphi murders (2 young girls again) , authorities have never released the cause of murder, and whether or not they were sexually assaulted. Anyone who follows cases like these, knows that the primary reason for these crimes is sexual assault, yet authorities keep these details away from the media, because they fear the the reaction of the public. I fear that this could very well be the case for Mollie also. I hope they give us more to work with very soon...Mollie is alive IMO and needs to be found ASAP.

IMO a "group of trained abductors" conspiracy theory would hurt this case rather then help. Its always thrown out in many MP cases and is just that, a conspiracy theory.

For those who have wondered if MT case is related to Evansville, IN murders ... I do wonder, would the same person who took an 8 and 10 year old (and for what reason) have the same interest in a 20 year old? Don’t normally child abductors want child age?

It seems the answer is that some have a distinct age preference and some don't. Brian Lee Dugan was a serial killer/predator who took girls and young women from the ages of 7 to 27 (and may have killed a 34-year-old woman.

I know there’s been a lot of discussion about connection with the Evansdale and Delphi cases. I just dont see it. Mainly because of the ages. These creeps usually stay with a specific age of their victims, Mollie doesn’t fit the age profile.

Mollie was 5'2" or 5'3" and 120 lbs. I don't know how anyone who saw her jogging would know whether she was 16 or 24 years old.

It seems the answer is that some have a distinct age preference and some don't. Brian Lee Dugan was a serial killer/predator who took girls and young women from the ages of 7 to 27 (and may have killed a 34-year-old woman.

Absolutely. BTK (Dennis Rader) started off with the Otero family (mom, dad, and two kids) then murdered women 21-62. His thrill was taunting the police. I've wondered if the police have received taunts we are unaware of, hence the secrecy because they don't want to feed the perp?

I know there’s been a lot of discussion about connection with the Evansdale and Delphi cases. I just dont see it. Mainly because of the ages. These creeps usually stay with a specific age of their victims, Mollie doesn’t fit the age profile.

Delphi connection is such a stretch, it's wishful thinking but gotta be realistic.

Even tho it was a seemingly trivial interaction, I'm so glad her Mom had a chance to connect with her just prior to her disappearance. I'm sure she will hold on to that little slice of time, that little interaction forever. I pray that the connection, the intuition that only a mother has about her child can help lead to resolution. I hope Mollie's Mom is listening quietly in her heart. She should trust those instincts, although inexplicable, only can come from a mom.

And I wasn't judging, I love Brats and sour kraut!

Her mother has said she often walked over to her house for supper. The DM story seems to imply to me she was expected to come over and get the car that morning when she did not show the previous evening and further says she usually "used" the car for her 15 mile trip to Grinnell. It was only after she did not show up that morning that her brother texted her. So to me, it SOP for her to get the car either in the morning or at night.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

Bear with me... You're a single young woman staying overnight alone at your boyfriends house. You've got homework, you're taking care of dogs, and you've got to figure out dinner. You're going to keep that car with you for security, and especially, if you need the car in the morning. First thing you do, is drop your brother off at Mom's, instead of being dropped off.
It makes no sense, unless, Mollie "can't drive".
Or rather, Mollie can drive, but has panic attacks when doing so, and relies on her brother to drive their car.

Last edited:
——
First post... but, no. 20mins/Miles is REALLY slow. I avg 15min/Mile with jog/walking. My guess is that Mollie would be somewhere around a 10-11 min mile for a casual run unless she is training for time. So, approx 3.5 m in 45mins
She’s was a cross country runner for school. That involves training in open fields, gravel, dirt roads and RAIN... also I saw her post saying 1/2 marathon on the horizon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member