Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunset on July 18 in Brooklyn was at 8:40PM.
Sunrise and sunset times in Brooklyn, IA - July 2018

She started jogging at 7:30. Her typical 45 minute run takes her to 8:15. If we believe that she ran in a circle, it doesn't really add up that she still had to eat dinner and collect the car and avoid walking/jogging before dark.

You gotta remember that sunset doesn't mean darkness. It's not dark yet at sunset. What you want to pay attention to is the end of civil twilight, which didn't end until about 9:13pm on July 18.

Seems like Mollie would have told her mom when they discussed dinner if she intended to come get the car anyway. It was already 7:30ish I think. And if she decided late, after 9pm, seems like she would have at least texted to be sure her brother was at home.

Brats might not be her thing and her mom knew that, so the "OK" reply from MT was enough of a response...

I snipped PommyMommy's post to just this part.

PommyMommy, can I ask where this info comes from? That she usually picked up the car before dark. I can't find any note of it in MSM. I've read the brother needed the car that night. Then he texted her in the morning to see if she needed it. The only reference I can find about going to her mom's was possibly for brats. Can anyone find reference that she was going to pick up the car that night? tia

"Brother Jake said that on Thursday, July 19, the day Mollie was reported missing to police, he'd texted her in the morning to see if she wanted to borrow a car they shared so she could go to work at Grinnell Regional Medical Center."

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

Her mother has said she often walked over to her house for supper. The DM story seems to imply to me she was expected to come over and get the car that morning when she did not show the previous evening and further says she usually "used" the car for her 15 mile trip to Grinnell. It was only after she did not show up that morning that her brother texted her. So to me, it SOP for her to get the car either in the morning or at night.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

If Molly isn’t found during the corn harvest, the odds of her being found at all would seem to lessen dramatically, especially if a body can lie undiscovered for 5-15 years in a wooded field next to a rural farm road near Mason City.

Update: 'I thought it was training. It wasn't,' neighbor says of woman's remains found in rural Mason City

I don't believe they'll find a body. I honestly believe she's alive and being held captive somewhere, as awful as that sounds. Based on the evidence, I truly believe this is the work of an experienced abductor, or group of abductors, who may or may not have befriended/groomed Molly prior to the abduction. The abduction was far too clean and well executed (evidence-wise) for it to have been a simple opportunistic abduction/sexual assault/murder case. The intent was to get her, and keep her alive somewhere as a captive, IMO.

The lack of information on the part of investigators has been beyond frustrating. I'm noticing a pattern in these types of cases. For abduction/ sexual assault situations, particularly involving children or young females, there seems to be a concerted effort by authorities to mute details, for fear of the public's reaction. For example in the Evansdale murders ( 2 young girls) / and the Delphi murders (2 young girls again) , authorities have never released the cause of murder, and whether or not they were sexually assaulted. Anyone who follows cases like these, knows that the primary reason for these crimes is sexual assault, yet authorities keep these details away from the media, because they fear the the reaction of the public. I fear that this could very well be the case for Mollie also. I hope they give us more to work with very soon...Mollie is alive IMO and needs to be found ASAP.

Last edited:
You're very welcome. I think it is possible the three cases may all be related. Of those I think there is more chance the Delphi and Evansdale murders are related. Those sets of victims look so much alike. But I'd not rule out all three cases are one serial killer.

moo

I agree Jax49. They all look like they COULD be related to me. Maybe this perp tried to change his MO or something and try abducting an older girl this time. Maybe he tried something different (like abducting one girl) because the last time he ALMOST got caught with the two girls (the Delphi murders). Just a thought. Maybe he figured ONE girl would be easier. I don't know. Just all speculation. I got some of this info though from Otto by the way (he is to credit for it).

If you were jogging, how much distance would you cover in 45 minutes - on average?
I saw that Mollie was training for a 1/2 marathon and she was a past long distance runner. To answer for me and my team (run group) if we do a long run, we jog, so is avg a 6-10 minute mile then. When training we were taught to start slow, sprint your last mile. Avg runner does about a 10 min mile. Slowest is around 18 min mile. I backtracked many times and ran in circles. Again, small town, so not great options. I especially ran in circles if darkish out as to stay closer to home...

JMO ... if, hypothetically, this is a serial killer who is somehow connected to Lyric/Lizzie, the Delphi girls, and Mollie ... that would indicate he's escalating. Unless there are other murders in between we don't know about. If Mollie were the unfortunate victim of a SK, LE would have to tie in connections. With the first two, it's an obvious connection - two girls, in remote areas. Lyric and Elizabeth were eight and ten. Abby and Libby were thirteen and fourteen. There were five years between the murders - Abby and Libby would have been 7 or 8 and 9 or 10 when they went missing. Lizzie was about to turn 9 when she disappeared. The date 2-13-17 is 7-13-12 backwards. To me, there are a lot of connections there.

If this perp is connected to Mollie, we'll find her body by the end of hunting season, imo - unless, of course, there are other victims out there we haven't found and his M.O. wasn't formerly two girls and he's more into crimes of opportunity in remote areas. I'm struggling to concretely believe that it's the same perp. I see there similarities that have been pointed out, and some of them are pretty convincing, but I personally don't have enough information to believe they're connected. Should they find Mollie's body in a wooded area, then maybe I will suspect that they are.

I'm just wondering if she ran farther than we're assuming. Here are pictures of two possible routes. In one, it would be a circle from/back to the BF's house. In the second, it would be from the BF's house to her mom's. (The map generated addresses where I dropped points, so I blacked them out. And I cut the route off before it actually reached her mom's house as not to post exactly where her mom lives.)

The circle route is 2.3 miles. The route to her mom's house is 2.1 miles.

Mollie's track records from HS are posted online. In the 1500 meter (so, a little less than one mile), she ran it both times around 7 minutes. In the 3000 meter (so, less than two miles), she ran it in under 15 minutes.

So, for those of you who were in track and still run, how different would her jogging speed be from her track records? Would someone who could run a mile in less than 7 minutes jog at a pace of 20 minutes per mile?
Yes if you are going for endurance... we did that too. Did very slow 3 mile runs to keep ankles and knees in better shape.. TRY

Kapua, I forgot they brought in dogs too. Thanks.

When exactly did they bring the dogs in to search for Mollie? Would the perp have had enough time to hide someone BEFORE they brought the dogs in? Just wondering WHEN they brought the dogs in (I can't remember). I know in the Delphi murders they started searching immediately and I think the perp didn't have enough time to hide the bodies. Just wondering. Thanks.

I can't make any comment on whether the cases are connected or not as it would be a totally uninformed comment.
But is it possible that some sick perps don't have a "type", just a hunting grounds?
Yes. Some choose hunting ground. Derrick Todd Lee PREFERRED dark hair, athletic women. But hunted around college campus. The 2nd of 3 we had killing at same time killed men and women and hunted in poor areas. Another only prostitues assuming no one would report them missing. We had THREE SK in Baton Rouge LA at the same time.

My issue with this is that the last known sightings of Mollie were on her jog (earlier). Your scenario is possible, but the lack of further sightings makes it unlikely for me.
That is problematic, but then we also have no sightings of her likely abduction either, no matter what time it took place.

I don't believe they'll find a body. She's alive and being help captive somewhere, as awful as that sounds. Based on the evidence, I truly believe this is the work of an experienced abductor, or group of abductors, who may or may not have befriended/groomed Molly prior to the abduction. The abduction was far too clean and well executed (evidence-wise) for it to have been a simple opportunistic abduction/sexual assault/murder case. The intent was to get her, and keep her alive somewhere as a captive, IMO.

The lack of information on the part of investigators has been beyond frustrating. I'm noticing a pattern in these types of cases. For abduction/ sexual assault situations, particularly involving children or young females, there seems to be a concerted effort by authorities to mute details, for fear of the public's reaction. For example in the Evansdale murders ( 2 young girls) / and the Delphi murders (2 young girls again) , authorities have never released the cause of murder, and whether or not they were sexually assaulted. Anyone who follows cases like these, knows that the primary reason for these crimes is sexual assault, yet authorities keep these details away from the media, because they fear the the reaction of the public. I fear that this could very well be the case for Mollie also.
Counterpoints:

Authorities keep these things a secret in order to protect an on going investigation. It is vital that nobody outside the investigation knows certain details.

The scenario of a highly skilled team of abductors isn’t backed up by historical data. It just doesn’t happen with any regularity, especially in sexually motivated crimes.

A snatch and grab kidnapping isn’t hard to perpetrate, but it is difficult to get away with. That being said, such a kidnapping would leave us with what we have here, a person disappearing without a trace.

If this was a sexually motivated crime (extremely likely), then Mollie is likely dead, and has been for a while.

For those who have wondered if MT case is related to Evansville, IN murders ... I do wonder, would the same person who took an 8 and 10 year old (and for what reason) have the same interest in a 20 year old? Don’t normally child abductors want child age?
Mollie was fairly small and might have been mistaken for a younger person....

I don't believe they'll find a body. I honestly believe she's alive and being held captive somewhere, as awful as that sounds. Based on the evidence, I truly believe this is the work of an experienced abductor, or group of abductors, who may or may not have befriended/groomed Molly prior to the abduction. The abduction was far too clean and well executed (evidence-wise) for it to have been a simple opportunistic abduction/sexual assault/murder case. The intent was to get her, and keep her alive somewhere as a captive, IMO.

The lack of information on the part of investigators has been beyond frustrating. I'm noticing a pattern in these types of cases. For abduction/ sexual assault situations, particularly involving children or young females, there seems to be a concerted effort by authorities to mute details, for fear of the public's reaction. For example in the Evansdale murders ( 2 young girls) / and the Delphi murders (2 young girls again) , authorities have never released the cause of murder, and whether or not they were sexually assaulted. Anyone who follows cases like these, knows that the primary reason for these crimes is sexual assault, yet authorities keep these details away from the media, because they fear the the reaction of the public. I fear that this could very well be the case for Mollie also.
I don't even know where to begin... The least of my worries is that the cops are withholding information. The biggest is they don't have much "information" to share. There are very good reasons to not spill everything to the public. I highly doubt Mollie was "befriended and/ or Groomed before hand. Stalked, quite possibly, groomed is a stretch imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico