Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have tornados, and some of them are doozies. But most people don't have storm shelters as most houses have basements which suit the purpose just fine. Some older homes have root cellars where vegetables were stored in the old days, but those are kind of few ....
I'm just really wondering though if she really isn't underground w because of the absolute lack of evidence leading LE to be so tight lipped. And would also lead to ANY POI (which we don't have either) to be able to act normal, move freely around town and even be reading this forum. (that statement just gave me the shivers)

Last edited:
My gut feeling all along has been that it was a semi targeted abduction by someone she vaguely knew. Somebody who had fantasised about it/her at one point.

I know a few people have thrown out a former classmate etc but what about a former teacher / educator / sports coach?

A random abduction in evening day/sunlight in a town just feels so risky (even if it is rural) - So many less risky options if it was a complete stranger surely?
On the one hand I agree. Right after college ended I was back in my hometown running one day, and my old HS basketball coach happened to drive by, stopped and said hi, and I wound up getting in his car to talk and catch up. He was a really nice guy, who I totally trusted. In Mollie's case, if it was an old teacher, etc and it went south, I think this person would be a serious creep who others in town would have had issues with and who would be suspected pretty quickly.

And this knee jerk reaction to the possibility of multiple sickos working together often hurts cases like this IMO.

Sexual crimes perpetrated by groups of deranged people are well documented. The pedo site "Childsplay" ( run by the international authorities for over a year as part of a sting operation) had almost a million members when it was eventually taken down. Members would often invite each other over their homes to partake in sexually assaulting minors, including the owner of the site. This is well documented....a very tight knit group of perverts who cover and look out for each other.

I don't want to stray too far off topic, but my point is that ALL scenarios must be considered, regardless of how uncomfortable they make us feel.

I'm still struck by the lack of a digital footprint concerning a millennial who used fitbit, snapchat, and most likely instagram and facebook ( all of which have location tracking options). Almost 0 digital footprint from a 20 year old girl, in a town with 1400 people, is not the work of a random pig farmer.

And is not the work of a fictional international white sex slave organization stealing well off women to sell them into slavery. Traffickers target the unnoticed, runnaways and ignored not girls like Mollie. This kind of attention would be the opposite of how that fictional group works.

The real knee-jerk reaction is to take resources away from the actual case and infer this made up pizza gate like organization is running around. Its no better than the Smiley face killer theory for every missing college male. The important thing is to look at realistic possibilities.

In Iowa, in a small town, it can be easy to disconnect from a cell phone and lose a digital trail. ESPECIALLY in a town of only 1400 people.

These conspiracy theories might be entertaining for you but have nothing grounded in real life and IMO we should look at what truly is the case.

One issue bothering me today is a statement volunteered by WC. He indicated that he doesn't come into Brooklyn. He volunteered this statement on television. Why volunteer it when not asked by the reporter? Could be natural nervous but interviewers pay attention to what is volunteered and why.

The

There is discussion about trusting gut feeling and about a car made to look like a cop car. What is that all about?
It’s ok to drive a Truck.

It’s ok to drive a Prius.

It’s ok to drive an Automatic.

it’s ok to drive a Manual.

It’s NOT ok to drive a black and white Ford Explorer that looks exactly like a cop car.

Please stop playin all of us with that crazy amount of stress.

Is this the one you are referring too?

Not necessarily. My weekday training runs for half training do not exceed an hour and that is later in my schedule when I was first starting out. In the beginning of many training programs that weekday training run will be just about 45 minutes. Long runs are once a week and typically on Saturdays or Sundays.

I ran my long runs of 25-30+ miles every Saturday when I ran ultra marathons. But it was 6 days a week of running and varied workouts

And is not the work of a fictional international white sex slave organization stealing well off women to sell them into slavery. Traffickers target the unnoticed, runnaways and ignored not girls like Mollie. This kind of attention would be the opposite of how that fictional group works.

The real knee-jerk reaction is to take resources away from the actual case and infer this made up pizza gate like organization is running around. Its no better than the Smiley face killer theory for every missing college male. The important thing is to look at realistic possibilities.

In Iowa, in a small town, it can be easy to disconnect from a cell phone and lose a digital trail. ESPECIALLY in a town of only 1400 people.

These conspiracy theories might be entertaining for you but have nothing grounded in real life and IMO we should look at what truly is the case.

No, you're right. there has NEVER in the history of the world, been a group of deranged individuals working together, or at least covering for each other, to indulge in criminal activities. The mafia, Childs play and pedo groups, drug dealing organizations, all "fictional" hogwash. Carry on.

It’s ok to drive a Truck.

It’s ok to drive a Prius.

It’s ok to drive an Automatic.

it’s ok to drive a Manual.

It’s NOT ok to drive a black and white Ford Explorer that looks exactly like a cop car.

Please stop playin all of us with that crazy amount of stress.

Is this the one you are referring too?

This, yes, There is also something about trusting gut feeling

I
The running route should be extended to a radius of 3.5mi, 7 mile total run I think ... This would be the distance for a long slow distance when in the first few weeks/months of half-marathon training. If that's the case, the time frame would be extended and there wouldn't be so much unknown in the 5hr window ... 7 miles at 10:30-11mm is almost 1.5hrs of running. And did she run with fluids? Stop somewhere for a quick drink? Do a 3 mile loop and pop in the house for a sip?
also had to pop in my house to PEE on longer runs. You hydrate then... uh oh.... I ran home real quick MANY times. Also I would usually pause my Garmin when doing so but many times forgot.. that messed my true run time/distance/rate up

Bringing this over from the last thread...

I "wonder and maybe even lean towards" How much I love your posts... because you're almost always within the guidelines, non critical of others, on topic, intelligent and thoughtful. Thank you!
Lol! Thanks. And yet if you look at my signature line it says IMO and probably then some!

Earlier I posted about remote access on her cell phone.

My point was wondering if Apple could get access and read everything on there.

Or, if LE gets a warrant, do they have to get a warrant for every phone she communicated with?

I assume her cell phone has not been found so I am wondering what info LE could get and how

No, you're right. there has NEVER in the history of the world, been a group of deranged individuals working together, or at least covering for each other, to indulge in criminal activities. The mafia, Childs play and pedo groups, drug dealing organizations, all "fictional" hogwash. Carry on.

There is no white slave sex traffickers stealing well off women from supportive families on a regular basis. Its irresponsible to peddle this conspiracy theory. It has no basis in fact at all. None. Its a disservice to try to pass it off as any realistic possibility and insulting toward Mollie's family.

I get you are new, but this is supposed to be victim friendly and fact based discussion site. There is no facts in the conspiracy theory

Look at statistics, its likely someone she knew and had trust in to an extent.

I'm still struck by the lack of a digital footprint concerning a millennial who used fitbit, snapchat, and most likely instagram and facebook ( all of which have location tracking options). Almost 0 digital footprint from a 20 year old girl, in a town with 1400 people, is not the work of a random pig farmer.

The digital footprint isn't quite the investigative panacea we would like it to be. Snapchat appears to have been Mollie's preferred form of communication. Both her BF and her co-workers mentioned communicating with her via snapchat the night she up and vanished. LE could obtain a log of when Mollie sent/rec'd "snaps" and who was on the other end (presumably), but not the actual content of the snaps:

Snapchat retains logs for the last 31 days of Snaps sent and received, for 24 hours of posted Stories, and for any unopened Chats or those saved by a sender or recipient. The logs contain meta-data about the Snaps, Stories, and Chats, but not the content.
https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf

that's still a lot of 411. and you'd think if the perp had communicated with Mollie the night of the abduction via the snap app the police would already have their man. Even if Mollie were a prolific snapchatter--which apparently she was--that's still a defined group of people with a nexus to Mollie on the night in question.

Note it's possible Mollie had another app for communication purposes (LINE, WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, etc). Some of them, like Telegram, do not log meta data:

3.3.2. Secret Chats
Secret chats use end-to-end encryption. This means that all data is encrypted with a key that only you and the recipient know. There is no way for us or anybody else without direct access to your device to learn what content is being sent in those messages. We do not store your secret chats on our servers. We also do not keep any logs for messages in secret chats, so after a short period of time we no longer know who or when you messaged via secret chats. For the same reasons secret chats are not available in the cloud — you can only access those messages from the device they were sent to or from.

Telegram Privacy Policy

No idea whether Mollie had telegram or another meta-data-log free app on her device. LE might be able to subpoena a list of apps she downloaded and installed from the relevant store. But if the perp communicated with Mollie using Telegram/another log free app, there would be no digital breadcrumb trail leading back to the abductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13