Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope whoever took her is someone local. Otherwise, if it was someone out of the area and they left by means of the highway then the chances of locating her go way down. I don't mean to be negative, just realistic. On the other hand, sometimes they locate a body (sorry) just a few miles from where they disappeared from.

I've had so much trouble following the past 20 pages or so on mobile, I feel lost. I feel like there has been a lot of updates today that have actually panned out to absolutely no real updates, and really just a lot of me cursing at my phone, refreshing and begging WS to let me just follow along!
Agh!

O/T: I promise I’m not being unusually stingy with my likes tonight - they are slow and sometimes don’t show up at all. But I like the ideas that continue to flow about this case and feel fortunate to be hanging with all of you super sleuths. :)

Me too I am pretty new to this and this is really the first case that I have followed closely. For reason this one has really hit me hard and I feel fortunate to be hanging with all of you also and going through this together.

Actually, that shows that 48 people have gone missing here in Iowa in the past TEN DAYS! There are over 60 people reported missing in Iowa this month alone. Go to this link, then click on "All Missing", then click on "Sort by most recent" date. I was just getting ready to share this link when I saw your post. Here's the link: Missing Persons

And so many are in the 15-20 age range...it seemed. I don't know the area so I don't know how many of those missing are from areas close to each other, but that does seem like a lot?

Actually, that shows that 48 people have gone missing here in Iowa in the past TEN DAYS! There are over 60 people reported missing in Iowa this month alone. Go to this link, then click on "All Missing", then click on "Sort by most recent" date. I was just getting ready to share this link when I saw your post. Here's the link: Missing Persons

Iowa DPS: 48 people missing in Iowa in last 10 days

I was just reading about this as well. It does seem like a larger-than-normal amount for Iowa. I'm wondering if that is why there are so many FBI involved with Mollie's case? Maybe some of these missing persons could be connected to each other?

Look Coach Sue. It's being reported now on news media.

"It's been eight days since University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts of Brooklyn, Iowa disappeared. As authorities continue to search for her across the nation, the number of Iowa's that have disappeared since is startling.

Mollie was last seen Wednesday, July 18. She is one of 36 Iowans reported missing in the last eight days, according to the Iowa Department of Public Safety. Below is the dates each was reported missing, their name, age, and county or town they were reported missing in:"

36 Iowans Have Been Reported Missing in the Last Eight Days

Once again, I'm on a different page/chapter (?) than everybody else, hope nobody minds too much. Something has been bothering me for a couple of days now, and I haven't seen it mentioned yet - although with connection problems, I may have missed it. Her brother said he dropped her off from work at about 5:30, and he tried to contact her the next morning to see if she needed a ride home that day. That sounds to me like she normally has a ride to work, but sometimes needs a ride home. If that's the case, I'm wondering who usually took her to work, and why that person didn't mention something being wrong when she wasn't there and hadn't called saying she didn't need a ride. I'm sure there's a good explanation or LE would have already shown interest in the person.

I live in a town 10+ times the size of Brooklyn, and we have no real public transportation (you have to schedule a ride ahead of time for the small bus service we have and the taxis are few in number and expensive). If she was going to walk/run to or from work, it would make a lot more sense to have a ride in the morning and hoof it on the way home. Has this been brought up at all yet?

Missing People in Iowa

48 people in the last ten days have gone missing in the state of iowa.

I found this article very misleading. There have been screenshots floating around social media all day. People don’t research further to discover that since the statistic was first presented, 9 people from the first list were found, 10 have gone missing and there are 5 fewer people missing overall.

I’m afraid this is going to end up people similar to the DC girls posts from last year.

And so many are in the 15-20 age range...it seemed. I don't know the area so I don't know how many of those missing are from areas close to each other, but that does seem like a lot?
I agree. I did look a couple of the names up on Facebook, and some of their FB pages appear to be current. So that leads me to believe the Missing info may be out of date. To answer your question about the area, I am attaching an image of the Iowa Counties map; I marked in red where Poweshiek County is (and where Des Moines is, for reference). I do see a few people missing since July 1 from counties adjacent to Poweshiek (Keokuk, Jasper), and nearby (Polk County = Des Moines)...

Attachments

• Mollie_Iowa_County_Map.PNG
    Mollie_Iowa_County_Map.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics