Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. From everything I've read about Mollie, she sure doesn't sound the type to not have her driver's license with her when driving a car. Even for a mile.

Your point about the extra pair of glasses or contacts makes sense.

Oh how I wish Mollie had been found safe and sound long before this. I know we all wish this.

My heart goes out to Mollie's dear family.
<modsnipped> her brother had the car and texted her if she needed a ride. She wasn’t driving that day. No car.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

I have to think more than a social media post led LE to search the job farms. That move came on the heels of getting back info from the Fitbit warrant.

I said this earlier today but the thread moved so fast I didnt get to see any of your thoughts. What if someone head out 21 with Mollie and disposed of the Fitbit on the way out? Or took it out there as a red herring to lead LE away from an area. The searches haven't led to Mollie, and there hasn't been a arrest. If they had a solid probable cause, it would have happened by now. I'm of the opinion, not stating fact, the farms are adjacent to each other and owned by members of the same family. Sorry if this is disconnected in thought, I should be in bed not posting

This is a strong possibility. They must have found something like an earring or hair tie etc and aren't telling the public yet

This case eerily reminds me of the Sierah Joughin case. A horrible case. Same age. Same time of year. Rural road to a small Ohio town. College student. Her bicycle was found shoved into corn rows and her body was buried in the corn rows. Killer was a farmer with a secret room in his barn and cops believed he was a serial killer. I now wonder if he had a helper.

It wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't have any keys to carry. If she and the brother share the car but he was in possession of it, she might not have car keys. In a town that size it's not at all out of the ordinary to not lock a house during the day. Houses *are* apt to be locked at night when one goes to bed. It doesn't sound like she was the boss at work (sounds like it's just a summer job for her) so I'd guess she didn't have keys to her workplace.

I'd be curious to know if she has the car when she's away at college, or if the brother keeps it.

Okay--I've never lived in a small town in Iowa. It'd really be common practice to leave an empty house unlocked all day while she was at work? Or....maybe they'd have a spare key hidden outside?

<modsnipped> her brother had the car and texted her if she needed a ride. She wasn’t driving that day. No car.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

We know she didn't drive to work. We're trying to figure out what her plans were. Was she planning to drive to work, or was there someone who would have given her a ride? And if there was someone--how come we haven't heard anything about him or her?

This case eerily reminds me of the Sierah Joughin case. A horrible case. Same age. Same time of year. Rural road to a small Ohio town. College student. Her bicycle was found shoved into corn rows and her body was buried in the corn rows. Killer was a farmer with a secret room in his barn and cops believed he was a serial killer. I now wonder if he had a helper.
Yes. That's the same one I was talking about. I couldn't remember her name, but I recall her face and the cornfields. Like Mollie, Sierra's last contact was her boyfriend too

The perp had a barn of horrors

We know she didn't drive to work. We're trying to figure out what her plans were. Was she planning to drive to work, or was there someone who would have given her a ride? And if there was someone--how come we haven't heard anything about him or her?
The drive to work is irrelevant based on the confirmed timeline by the police. Her last known confirmed whereabouts were at 7:45 pm Wednesday night.

That's exactly what G was saying. Google the subject you'll find the stats. Unfortunately, it's something you come to learn here when you follow cases long enough.
There’s plenty of sites that have stats then specifically state they haven’t researched enough locations. These are very generalized statements and without full data it’s hard to say with conviction.
Human Trafficking: Not All Black or White • Human Trafficking Search
“There has never been a demographic survey of sex trafficking victims in the United States, so what little information we have is based off of non-profit reports and small government studies.”

Okay--I've never lived in a small town in Iowa. It'd really be common practice to leave an empty house unlocked all day while she was at work? Or....maybe they'd have a spare key hidden outside?

I'm from a relatively small town in Wisconsin. Doors were left open if someone was home. We locked up at night. Extra key was under the mat by the front door.

Please move away from the human trafficking topic and back to Mollie. At this point in time there isn't any evidence leading in that direction. We can revisit the topic if something relates to it in MSM. Meanwhile there are other areas of the forum designated for discussion on the topic. Thanks

Yes. It is very common for people in small rural towns to leave their homes unlocked when they aren't home. I live in one. Right now I can think of 20+ homes that I could just walk into. Dumb? Absolutely. But it's the truth. Many people don't even know where keys to their house would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch