Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That's the same one I was talking about. I couldn't remember her name, but I recall her face and the cornfields. Like Mollie, Sierra's last contact was her boyfriend too

The perp had a barn of horrors
He was a sick psychopath and rural areas are easy places to hide. Sierah's last contact was with her boyfriend and they were riding bikes together. I wonder if Mollie had a bicycle.

I'm from a relatively small town in Wisconsin. Doors were left open if someone was home. We locked up at night. Extra key was under the mat by the front door.
Same here. When I was living in a small town, in the daytime the doors were left unlocked. But at night we locked up.

Another small town I lived in right after getting married, like a previous poster stated, I never knew where my key was. My husband locked the door when he left for work but I left after him and came home before him and never locked up. Dumb dumb dumb I know, but it's true. I was always carrying groceries or a baby. I'd get so mad if he'd come home midday for some reason and then lock up when he'd leave and then there I was having to climb through a window or hang out on the porch until he came home from work. He'd tell me that eventually I'd learn to use a key. Lol. I have. Now that we are in a city - lots of theft here.

But if someone went into the boyfriend's house, LE would have found some evidence of some sort there, right? A struggle? Unless it was someone she knew.......

Last edited:
Okay--I've never lived in a small town in Iowa. It'd really be common practice to leave an empty house unlocked all day while she was at work? Or....maybe they'd have a spare key hidden outside?

I've not lived in a small town in Iowa, either, but I live in a neighboring agricultural state that shares a border with Iowa, and can tell you that our house is unlocked all day, every day. We lock all doors when we go to bed at night, but not during the day. It's not at all uncommon in small towns to see vehicles sitting in grocery store parking lots empty but running while the owner is inside shopping, etc. Everyone knows (or at least recognizes) everyone and they know who their neighbors are and would be aware if someone out of the ordinary was trying to enter a house not their own... or even if a strange vehicle was in the neighborhood.

Wondering what others think about the age of the perp... older? same age as Mollie?

Someone who knew her I think.
Not sure on age.

Home from college, and there isn’t much talk of her hanging with friends that night somewhere. We used to all meet up at a tree farm and drink beer in the woods. Do you think there could have been something like that at the hog farm? But I remember being home from college and wanting to see my HS friends all the time

Or do kids just Snapchat instead of real life hanging out nowadays?

Someone who knew her I think.
Not sure on age.

Home from college, and there isn’t much talk of her hanging with friends that night somewhere. We used to all meet up at a tree farm and drink beer in the woods. Do you think there could have been something like that at the hog farm? But I remember being home from college and wanting to see my HS friends all the time

Yes. It is very common for people in small rural towns to leave their homes unlocked when they aren't home. I live in one. Right now I can think of 20+ homes that I could just walk into. Dumb? Absolutely. But it's the truth. Many people don't even know where keys to their house would be.

This is me. I have no clue where keys to our house are. None.

Granted... we lock up when we leave town overnight, but we have a garage door opener and can get into the house through the garage. When we've gone out of town for several days, we've left the garage door opener with a neighbor kid who was feeding the cat.

I guess I wouldn't necessarily call it dumb. It's a convenience factor, and a matter of weighing the odds. We have family members coming and going from the house all day. Because of the size of our town my spouse and I both work within blocks of our home and our kids' school is also within blocks. There are rarely burglaries, ever, anywhere in town - occasionally people will have things stolen from unlocked cars left on driveways but it's been years since I've heard of anyone having anything stolen from their home.

So, it just would not surprise me to learn that the house Mollie was staying in did not get locked during the day whether she was there or not.

This case eerily reminds me of the Sierah Joughin case. A horrible case. Same age. Same time of year. Rural road to a small Ohio town. College student. Her bicycle was found shoved into corn rows and her body was buried in the corn rows. Killer was a farmer with a secret room in his barn and cops believed he was a serial killer. I now wonder if he had a helper.

The similarities have not gone unnoticed here. It's not just the same time of year. It is the same day. The latitude and longitude where Ce was taken and Brooklyn Iowa are basically the same. GPS the coordinates of Sierah's home (where she was taken outside) and Brooklyn, Iowa. It is a straight line. It is the most bizarre thing. There are MANY people that feel that Worley had an accomplice. There was unknown DNA on Sierah, and at the barn. Mollie's BF is in construction, so is Josh. They are all the same age also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RN527