Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that would make the most sense to me is that she put the dogs downstairs, left her wallet, glasses and contacts there and went for her run. After 15 minutes, give or take a few, someone she knew stopped and talked to her. He/she used some ruse to get her to go with him/her (I'm sticking with him for the rest of this post.) They may have ended up at his house, or somewhere else that didn't make her too uncomfortable/suspicious. When she sent the SC to DJ, it may have set the person off. He may have hit her out of anger that she'd do that when she was with him, or it could have been a different type of assault on her. Whether he killed her there or just knew he'd have real problems if he just let her go, he took her in his vehicle to a place more isolated (it would most likely be dark by then) and either dumped her body or murdered her there and left her. Of course, if it was up to me, he would have taken her phone, gave her drugs to knock her out and put her on a plane to Hawaii or something. :rolleyes:
You have quite the imagination

Yes. I agree. Only thing I can think is she accidentally left her wallet, intending to pick it up when she went to let the dogs out and that she had another pair of contacts that the others arent aware of. It is odd and baffling. But if she was taken from the house, you’d think there’d be signs of a struggle.

Regarding accidentally leaving her wallet home: if she usually ran without carrying her wallet, she might leave without it, out of habit. (I routinely go for walks without carrying anything but my keys.)

I just realized--are her keys missing? If they are, doesn't that go against the idea that she was kidnapped from the house? (I agree that there'd likely be signs of a struggle, if she were.)

This is worth highlighting: I saw the news that the DCI spokeman today said the search of the farm didn't yield any results. For what it's worth, I believe that's a completely truthful statement. I drove by the farm four times tonight (as did a bunch of the bicyclists too I'm sure) and nothing was going on there at all.

Human traffickers are luring their victims rather than abducting them. But abductors are absolutely out thereThey post bogus job ads, use other girls to befriend, etc. We know Mollie uses social media a lot. We know she lived in Brooklyn and worked in Grinnell, a larger town with a college.

I wonder if something belonging to Mollie was found in or by the road.
This is a strong possibility. They must have found something like an earring or hair tie etc and aren't telling the public yet

I have read so much lately I can't keep anything straight and I'm exhausted from catching up tonight....but I thought somewhere it was discussed that the Fitbit info led investigators to this current site their searching. I know I remember thinking.. when my brain was working a bit better earlier today...maybe someone tossed it out a window of a car in passing.
It was a social media post that led them there.

The site went belly up for me so just getting back to editing this lol. All I can say is dysfunction comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. It doesn't matter if your family lives in poverty or if you come from money. (If you're appealing to someone) anybody, almost anywhere can be targeted either by trickery or by force. The stigma of violent crimes against African Americans and people of color is changing in this country if it wasn't apparent by the media coverage of cases like Trayvon Martin and etc, not that he's entirely related but it is changing, slowly.

That's true. Dysfunction comes in all colors and demographics. Dysfunction is one of the risk factors for trafficking in the states. Risk factors include:

1. Family dysfunction. Most specifically child abuse.
2. Drug addiction.
3. Alcohol abuse.
4. Criminal history.
5. Poverty.
6. Being black.
7. Serious mental illness.
8. Migrant.
9. Does not speak English.

Victims typically have a combination of those factors. But not always. A rich Caucasian girl who is mentally ill and addicted to drugs could be at risk. Or an upper middle class causasian girl who was the victim of sexual abuse as a child. Or a Russian migrant lured to this country and enslaved.

I have not heard a hint of any of those risk factors for Mollie. She is described as extremely responsible, close with her family, involved with both mom and dad's lives, doing well in school, has a solid job. Intelligent.

Is it possible she has a secret mental illness or sexual abuse background and was thus vulnerable to being lured by some creep who targeted her on a fake dating site or with a fake job?

Yeah. But as time has passed and we have learned more about the time line and where LE is focusing, it's pretty clear they feel she was abducted or attacked while on a jog.

Not the MO of traffickers. Not with young women like her in a place like that. No matter how much people like Sherri Papini want to make the public believe it.

And so many are in the 15-20 age range...it seemed. I don't know the area so I don't know how many of those missing are from areas close to each other, but that does seem like a lot?

Yeah. It feels like most of these cases are "standard" runaways. Like angry kid got mad at mom and dad and stayed at a friend's. Or kid with issues took off.

Look Coach Sue. It's being reported now on news media.

"It's been eight days since University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts of Brooklyn, Iowa disappeared. As authorities continue to search for her across the nation, the number of Iowa's that have disappeared since is startling.

Mollie was last seen Wednesday, July 18. She is one of 36 Iowans reported missing in the last eight days, according to the Iowa Department of Public Safety. Below is the dates each was reported missing, their name, age, and county or town they were reported missing in:"

36 Iowans Have Been Reported Missing in the Last Eight Days

Do we think those stats are very abnormal? I have a feeling they're not. LE initially stated that they have lots of missing person's cases in the area but they typically are solved and found within a day or two.

How much corn? You couldn't even imagine. And not just corn, soy beans too. In tonight's journey I drove from Brooklyn to Hwy 21 south to Deep River where they were searching. If that's their search radius, it's already impossible. With a thousand volunteers it's impossible.

The good news - there's NO WAY they just expanded the search radius to the farms and fields down by Deep River. There are so many locations even right in that area that look like somebody needs to be searching. So why are they stuck around the same location in Deep River? They've got to have something solid that's telling them this is a spot they need to be interested in.

Whoa.

So I guess asking people to walk their farms is probably a naive suggestion. I can't imagine how vast it is!!

It does look like they've narrowed thwirfocus and have something to go on. It's scary.

Let me add my thanks to you for all your local observations. Invaluable.

What kind of vehicles are on scene? State Police Patrol? FBI sedans? The coroner's van?

Smart questions. But I'm afraid to know. I hope it's not the cornoner. But I think most of us expect that to happen eventually. Ugh.

Sorry, just scanning posts, but the latest MSM link indicates two hog farms are/have been searched.

Investigators search two hog farms in Guernsey, still no sign of Mollie
from your link:
But speaking of those tips in question, the rumor mill continues to flourish and a lot of times it’s not accurate. That’s why authorities advise, if people are not sure on information about the case, to try to not spin the web further on social media.

“Some of them appeared to have some credibility so law enforcement runs those leads out and that is a lot of wasted resources,” said Mortvedt.

That's true. Dysfunction comes in all colors and demographics. Dysfunction is one of the risk factors for trafficking in the states. Risk factors include:

1. Family dysfunction. Most specifically child abuse.
2. Drug addiction.
3. Alcohol abuse.
4. Criminal history.
5. Poverty.
6. Being black.
7. Serious mental illness.
8. Migrant.
9. Does not speak English.

Victims typically have a combination of those factors. But not always. A rich Caucasian girl who is mentally ill and addicted to drugs could be at risk. Or an upper middle class causasian girl who was the victim of sexual abuse as a child. Or a Russian migrant lured to this country and enslaved.

I have not heard a hint of any of those risk factors for Mollie. She is described as extremely responsible, close with her family, involved with both mom and dad's lives, doing well in school, has a solid job. Intelligent.

Is it possible she has a secret mental illness or sexual abuse background and was thus vulnerable to being lured by some creep who targeted her on a fake dating site or with a fake job?

Yeah. But as time has passed and we have learned more about the time line and where LE is focusing, it's pretty clear they feel she was abducted or attacked while on a jog.

Not the MO of traffickers. Not with young women like her in a place like that. No matter how much people like Sherri Papini want to make the public believe it.
Lol I’ve said multiple times I don’t think it’s the case here. “6. Being Black” are you kidding?

Agreed. I don't think it's someone she knows. I think it's a random sexual predator who has raped and or killed before - like Brandon Scott Lavergne (the guy who knocked Mickey Shunick off her bike) and like the creepy guy living near the corn fields who killed the girl who went bicycling last year or 2 years ago and like that Matthew guy who killed the 2 Virginia Tech girls a few years apart pretending to be a taxi driver (Hannah Graham and the one that went to the concert). Sorry I'm not remembering all of the names of the victims. Oh and like that little girl walking to school - she was his first victim I think, but there were previous attempts on joggers prior to his killing that little girl. I'm afraid we are dealing with sociopaths such as the ones listed above. The perp likely has a prior sex crime and was released or he has priors that are still unknown.

Off topic, but does anyone know whatever happened to the 2 little girls who were walking in Indiana along an old bridge that went missing. I think there was a pic of a guy in jeans in their social media videos?? I can't remember the specifics but they were around 12 years old and I'm just wondering if they were ever found.

If she was planning to drive from her mother's place, I would think she'd also bring her ID/license with her and most likely be wearing corrective lenses. I don't believe she has an extra pair of glasses or contacts that neither her mother nor her BF knew about. MOO

I agree. From everything I've read about Mollie, she sure doesn't sound the type to not have her driver's license with her when driving a car. Even for a mile.

Your point about the extra pair of glasses or contacts makes sense.

Oh how I wish Mollie had been found safe and sound long before this. I know we all wish this.

My heart goes out to Mollie's dear family.

I hate to say it but I think a predator has abducted and murdered Mollie on the evening that she went missing. I pray I am wrong but have a bad gut feeling about this case.

Yep, unfortunately I don't think there's any chance this ends well. Id bet she was already deceased by the time she was reported missing. Awful.

I just realized--are her keys missing? If they are, doesn't that go against the idea that she was kidnapped from the house? (I agree that there'd likely be signs of a struggle, if she were.)

It wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't have any keys to carry. If she and the brother share the car but he was in possession of it, she might not have car keys. In a town that size it's not at all out of the ordinary to not lock a house during the day. Houses *are* apt to be locked at night when one goes to bed. It doesn't sound like she was the boss at work (sounds like it's just a summer job for her) so I'd guess she didn't have keys to her workplace.

I'd be curious to know if she has the car when she's away at college, or if the brother keeps it.

Lol I’ve said multiple times I don’t think it’s the case here. “6. Being Black” are you kidding?
I probably shouldn't assume, but - I've assumed that she means that LE seems to put less effort into finding missing "persons of color" than they do white girls. It may not be right, but it's true in too many places. MOO

I hate to say it but I think a predator has abducted and murdered Mollie on the evening that she went missing. I pray I am wrong but have a bad gut feeling about this case.

I "liked" your post, but it's more of an agreement not a like
Sometimes it's hard to hit like and feel right about it, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98