Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am originally from Poweshiek County so this case has pretty much taken over my Facebook news feed. It's just heartbreaking. I can't get over it. My fear for Mollie. The agony of her parents. A true nightmare. I know there's a lot of agents out there and I hope to God they have a strong lead. I'm not feeling super confident though...

Welcome to Websleuths, JayBlue!

It's always good to have local folks with us on cases we follow. I think most of us are still hoping for good news for Mollie -- we have seen it before -- but we still have this sad, nagging feeling that as the days pass that the ending won't be good. It is good to know that the area is being covered by agents and local LE.

Sure makes me mad that women aren't safe running on their own in their own neighborhoods (and I'm assuming here she went missing while running, not from the home....but that is not a fact at this point, afaik).

jmo

Some people get triggered and maybe being away from her boyfriend triggered something. Now with that said sucide is way down my possibilities but it cant be ruled out.
Yeah true, it shouldn't be ruled out.. nothing should. I know it happens a lot.. i just have a feeling that mollie would seek help if she felt like that but who knows. Im just praying that she needed a break and comes home safe and her mum can give her that row she was talking about.

I hate to say it but this seems to be going the way of the holly bobo case.

The difference with Holly Bobo is that there was an eyewitness (her brother) who saw her go into the woods with the killer and a very short timeline of events with multiple people involved (neighbor, mom, brother). What's concerning with Mollie's case is she seems to have vanished without a trace. It's so odd.

One thing the Fitbit might tell them though Is if there is a heart rate. It might not give location without being conjoined to app but it does keep track of that and that would tell them significant data and time. God forbid the heart rate stopped...but if you are in trouble your heart rate would likely go up and she might not be moving very much.

Another thing I haven’t seen much in the way of search dogs...have they been used?
I read earlier that dogs had been used at the hog farm but ive not seen anything about them following any of mollies’ running routes.

I mean there’s not even a friend saying anything about if they texted or chatted that night. No one at all is speaking up.
In the first day or two I knew that LE knew more than they tell the public. But the way kids chat nowadays I thought we’d be hearing something more from the brother or some close girlfriends

How about facebook, snapchat, etc., -- nothing? I don't use social media so I don't know if there are conversations in that venue. Seems to me there would be some chatter there -- is there none or close to none? If that is so, it is even more mysterious & distressing.

Snip

Rahn says while they are getting tips called in, they are also just following through on normal leads. He says it is typical in any investigation that when they interview one person, that leads to two or three more interviews and lead. “We are trying to drill down as much as we can — and like I said before — trying to do our best to locate Mollie,” Rahn says.

Tibbetts was know to wear a Fitbit while running and Rahn says that is just one of the things they’ve been looking into. “I know that there’s been a lot of information discussed about the Fitbit — and that’s just one additional tool that we are trying to access. And one additional lead, however you want to say it, that we are trying to use to again get here whereabouts or location,” according to Rahn. “We commonly will look into cellphones, computers, any electronic devices. In this particular case it just happens to be a Fitbit.” Two hog farms near Guernsey in Poweshiek County were searched this week. Those farms are about 10 miles from Brooklyn.

Rahn was asked how they characterize the investigation a little more than one week after Tibbetts disappeared. “Well, certainly a missing person. And uh, certainly suspicious,” Rahn says. “and so I don’t know if we can label it one way or the other.

DCI still seeking information as investigation continues into Brooklyn woman's disappearance - Radio Iowa

You just never know where a killer is lurking. Someone could have followed her...then followed her home. Waited until she was in the house or the driveway.

BBM: I literally (and sadly) live my life as if there is a danger lurking around every corner. This doesn't mean I don't go out and enjoy life...It just means I take as many precautions as I can to be safe.
Factually, there just are bad people in this world and nothing dictates whether they live in small town USA or a big city. Danger can and does happen everywhere, it does not discriminate!

Awfully, I can't think of any real scenario that gives me hope for Mollie's well being. My opinion only.

Still wondering if there are any local reporters who have picked up on polygraphs being offered. Word of that will filter through a small community fairly quickly.

Also a few more questions: If Mollie's brother dropped her off at the Jack house and I have heard times of from 5:30 to 7:30, where had they been previously? Her mom's? If she intended to return to her mom's to eat, why did her brother drive and drop her off? Why didn't she drive, unless she intended to run back home?

Had she been to her internship job earlier that day? Did she drive?

Most people I know do not like to eat right after they run. They want to rehydrate and cool down a bit. So assuming she was seen running @ 7:30, and she tended to the dogs earlier, that would have put her post run evening meal at ~ 9PM? I understood her mom to say she was not concerned when Mollie did not come over to eat.

The mother and brother both would have known Mollie was over there alone without a vehicle and needed to be at work the next morning she was a no-show for supper and no explanation of that has been released. No one checks on her? What could it be, at most two - three minutes away?

What arrangements had Mollie made for transportation later that night and/or the next morning? Why am I hung up on that? Does it even matter?

These are all important questions that no one has answers to because LE is so tight lipped.

Mollie could have very will got in car that night thinking the people were her friends.

Yes, perhaps a friend of the brothers? <modsnip: insinuations about individual who has been cleared by LE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Having grown up in rural Minnesota during the time of Jacob Wetterling's disappearance, this case is literally my childhood nightmare come true. I never felt safe walking or biking alone around my home and even now that I live in the city, I still don't like to. I really hope Mollie is found soon, but I also know that cases like these can be long and drawn out over years when there aren't any witnesses. I'm sure the analysis of the FitBit data is a painstaking and tedious task. We have no idea the format of the data sent to LE and whether is requires assistance from the company. I'd imagine there's proprietary information involved that could make it difficult for an outsider to analyze and drawn conclusions so maybe FitBit is assisting with the analysis. Either way, the wait has got to be excruciating for her family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo