Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Very interesting. I think this is new information.

I take that to mean she was last seen in town in the busier part and not rural out where her house was.

Was her Mom's house considered in the city part of Brooklyn?

This could confirm she took a 2nd run to her Moms?

This leaves me with questions from that newer article.

They have a pretty solid time line of what she was doing BEFORE her run??

Although there are no signs of a struggle, this is somewhat reminiscent of TerriLynn St. John's case. She was outside her house like any normal day and got taken by someone who had beef with her and killed her. Maybe there was some SM comments/arguing going on and someone confronted her? I remember being 19-20, that stuff happens.

Yeah one of the people who was randomly called out on social media had a couple of super-creepy morbid posts in the time after Mollie went missing. I'm not suggesting that person was involved (I'm sure LE turned over that rock) but it did make me think of someone who perhaps is a bit of a loner, doesn't understand why they have poor luck with women, a romanticism of death, etc. all adding up to a tendency to take all that rage and loneliness out on someone who they feel they can't have.

From WaPo this morning:

Fitbit may be key to finding Iowa student who went for a jog last week and hasn’t been seen since
by Lindsey Bever and Cleve R. Wootson Jr. July 27 at 10:04 AM
. . .
Federal, state and local authorities have been following numerous leads, scouring areas throughout Poweshiek County for Tibbetts. Investigators hope that data from a Fitbit she wore on her wrist, as well as her cellphone and social media accounts, may help lead them to her whereabouts, Richard Rahn, special agent in charge with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI), said Friday morning.

“We’ll have to analyze it and figure out what it’s telling us,” Rahn told The Washington Post.

Fitbit may be key to finding Iowa student who went for a jog last week and hasn’t been seen since

FYI there is a GPS tracker for pets that fits on their collar. Can track whereabouts from any device. Tiny and could be carried by people in their pocket.

They make these for kids too. Useful, but could just be removed by a predator I suppose.

JMO
I am the same way. I was trained by my parents to be that way. It may be a little sad to have to take extra steps but I think its just being smart to take as many steps as possible to avoid becoming a victim in this day and age.

Whether its jogging safety tips or anything else I try to do as much as possible to be safe and avoid becoming a victim.

I even roll up my windows and lock my car doors the second I get IN my car. Because I read it was safer and you never know if someone will run up to your car while you are preparing to drive off. Also I read that if you get in a wreck the doors are less likely to fly open in a roll over if you lock your doors.

Some people think I go too far but I disagree and think Im just being cautious and safe as I can be.

Things can still happen to anyone but I want to make it as hard as possible on any criminal. I just installed new security cameras last month. They were very inexpensive, easy to install, no monthly fee, and wireless. I have 7 cameras now. LOL

All of this, practically word for word, is me! Like, I could have written your post!

In my new car the doors unlock automatically when I put it in park...and it drives me crazy! If I am parked I want my car doors locked! I always re-lock if I am not getting out right away.

I does.. so where on earth is it? Its weird! Unless she was running back to her mums and took it with her in case she decided to stay the night?

I'd like to think if they had ended up finding it, they would have at least put that detail out there, but I guess there's nothing that says they *have* to...it just would be nice to know. :-/

FYI there is a GPS tracker for pets that fits on their collar. Can track whereabouts from any device. Tiny and could be carried by people in their pocket.
I know a mum who was fed up with her little boy not coming home on time so she put a tracker inside his jacket and could see where he was on her phone.

All of this, practically word for word, is me! Like, I could have written your post!

In my new car the doors unlock automatically when I put it in park...and it drives me crazy! If I am parked I want my car doors locked! I always re-lock if I am not getting out right away.

I do this too and it drives my bf nuts, if I am waiting for him then I always lock the door and he has to wait for me to unlock it lol

I'd like to think if they had ended up finding it, they would have at least put that detail out there, but I guess there's nothing that says they *have* to...it just would be nice to know. :-/
It really would be nice to know. Theres a total lack of info for this case. I think the more info out there the better the chances of finding her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo