Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They make these for kids too. Useful, but could just be removed by a predator I suppose.

yea but at least you get last known location that way. In a lot of cases its hard to determine last known proven sighting.

Like in this case. We first thought her last known sighting was by the guy on the porch around 5:30pm. That changed now and it sounds like its more like 7:30pm with interesting wording about city streets.

Still a little vague to me. Wish they would have been clearer but I guess they are purposely being vague.

yea but at least you get last known location that way. In a lot of cases its hard to determine last known proven sighting.

Like in this case. We first thought her last known sighting was by the guy on the porch around 5:30pm. That changed now and it sounds like its more like 7:30pm with interesting wording about city streets.

Still a little vague to me. Wish they would have been clearer but I guess they are purposely being vague.

Guy on a porch? I hadn’t heard that one.

Did they mention if she had headphones
Articles have quoted her family as saying she usually runs with phone in an armband and wireless headphones.

All of this, practically word for word, is me! Like, I could have written your post!

In my new car the doors unlock automatically when I put it in park...and it drives me crazy! If I am parked I want my car doors locked! I always re-lock if I am not getting out right away.
There may be a way to disable the auto unlock. I know that many vehicles have a way for you to change whether hitting the unlock button on the remote unlocks all doors or just the driver's door on the first press.

This is consistent with one of the early statements from someone who said he saw her out running on the later timeline. Makes me wonder if the earlier reported run around 5:30 actually happened or not...

That 5:30 report was from a neighbor, I wondered if she saw her around the time her brother dropped her off and thought she was coming home from a run it something (especially if she was just letting the dogs out)

I lost track of the post I wanted to quote, but it was about the possibility of Mollie disappearing on her own.

Voluntary disappearance is possible, of course, but I don't think it's likely. Even if she wanted to venture off on her own without a trace, she doesn't seem the type to do that before the upcoming wedding of her boyfriend's brother and fiance. She would know that her disappearance would be upsetting to family and I can't imagine she would deliberately put a damper on the destination wedding and be that thoughtless. If she wanted to disappear (which I don't think she did), I think she would do it at another time - perhaps around the time of school starting when it didn't affect the wedding or her summer job...and when, perhaps, her disappearance wouldn't be noticed right away.

To me, this seems like an abduction and I'm holding on to hope that she escapes or is discovered soon.

jmopinion
Women who voluntarily disappear (and plan to come back) take a few things with them - such as their purses, money, a change of clothes or two, food, and their cell phones for when they want to return. I get *very* alarmed when a woman disappears and takes nothing with her. Generally, these cases do not have positive outcomes. I hope I am wrong in this case, but like most, I'm having a hard time imagining a positive outcome.

9 days. Is this the first statement like this? And does anyone know if the lateness of this is normal? Seems it to me but I don’t know those things.
Something that is on my mind (and it’s just MOO) but I’m worried they have followed the leads of social media too much? And I’m praying this isn’t the case, but the leads are sending them in the wrong direction or just in too many directions. Especially since they also asked people to stop spreading rumors on social media so it doesn’t slow down the investigation...

9 days. Is this the first statement like this? And does anyone know if the lateness of this is normal? Seems it to me but I don’t know those things.
Something that is on my mind (and it’s just MOO) but I’m worried they have followed the leads of social media too much? And I’m praying this isn’t the case, but the leads are sending them in the wrong direction or just in too many directions. Especially since they also asked people to stop spreading rumors on social media so it doesn’t slow down the investigation...

I'm thinking they may be more concerned with "witch hunts" - it was only a few pages ago that the admins asked us to stop talking about specific people as they had been cleared. FB groups don't have someone to step in and say "they've been cleared, stop it."

I have to LOL at this. How about LE and media stop going online for info in groups and use their detective and journalistic skills to find Mollie. Give me a break.

I would imagine a large amount of 'tips' come from folks reporting from social media. They can't just ignore these tips. In this day in age, it would be irresponsible for LE to NOT put some investigative energy into what is being said on social media. Combining an eye on social media along with more traditional detectives tactics is smart and necessary today. In my opinion. However, I agree there is a lot of time/energy exhausted by these leads. Sort of a double edged sword.

theres just absolutely nothing to say that mollie had any kind of stress or depression. I just dont feel like thats the case here at all. I really think if she did she’d probably of got help or shared her feelings with her mum as soon as she felt down. I know a lot of people bottle these things up but i get the impression shes not that kind of girl?!

All sorts of people battle depression and hide it. That is why so many suicides are shocking to family and friends. But I feel she would probably have been found by now.

I’m almost so sick of them talking about this Fitbit for days and seeing these headlines. It makes it seems as though they have tracked her exactly but then they say they have to analyz it. Wish I knew what they had...I can’t imagine what the family is going through right now

I have to LOL at this. How about LE and media stop going online for info in groups and use their detective and journalistic skills to find Mollie. Give me a break.

When Kira Trevino went missing social media is how we found some evidence. Someone in the Kira Trevino group mentioned something that her hairdresser saw, and wasn't sure if she should call it in or not. We did a public search in the area and found bloody clothes that belonged to Kira. Police will always keep watch in the groups since something useful might pop up.

Mollie must have several different running shoes since they don't know the color. I would think the boyfriend would know the color of her shoes since she is an avid runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo