Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitbit does this though with the uploaded data - if you turned on location tracking before going on a walk/run/etc., Fitbit's web site will show you where you walked, you heart rate, etc. You also have to tell it to stop once you are done.

If (say) she was abducted by car while she was on a run, and location tracking was on, Fitbit will keep tracking your location. It's not quite smart enough to know that humans can't run at 60mph.
There are many different models of Fitbit. Do we know which model Mollie had? I have a Flex 2. It's pretty basic, and I probably don't use all of the features. It syncs with an app on my cell phone and tells number of steps, number of calories burned, number of miles traveled. It knows if I am on a treadmill or a trail.

It syncs to the app with Bluetooth.

Also, I have to charge it every 2-3 days.

If she had her phone with her, as was her usual habit, and Location was turned on, I think the cell phone data would be far more useful than the Fitbit.

IMHO.

My wife grew up in a similar area in NE. She told me it was not at all uncommon for runners to be struck by trucks hauling *advertiser censored** across the sections. Running at night in those areas is particularly dangerous with low visibility, young guys driving big trucks on dirt roads, no one around for long distances to see what's happening. It is not at all inconceivable that a runner could be hit by a fast moving farm vehicle, be thrown into high grass/corn/etc., and go unnoticed by the driver. Also not inconceivable that such a driver could panic and do something (else) stupid. Makes more sense, really, that abductors ranging along I-80 or some other thing.

Family and friends expand the search for Mollie Tibbetts

Snipped

Mortvedt says Mollie was dropped off at her boyfriend's home by her older brother Jake at 5:30PM on Wednesday. They now know Mollie went on a run around 7:30-8PM and returned to that home safely.

Forensics experts have requested access to all of Mollie's social media accounts, including the Fitbit she was wearing when she went missing. They just received the data from her Fitbit, but cannot disclose the information they were given.

Snipped

Mortvedt says Mollie was dropped off at her boyfriend's home by her older brother Jake at 5:30PM on Wednesday. They now know Mollie went on a run around 7:30-8PM and returned to that home safely.

Forensics experts have requested access to all of Mollie's social media accounts, including the Fitbit she was wearing when she went missing. They just received the data from her Fitbit, but cannot disclose the information they were given.

BBM - well, that's new!

My wife grew up in a similar area in NE. She told me it was not at all uncommon for runners to be struck by trucks hauling *advertiser censored** across the sections. Running at night in those areas is particularly dangerous with low visibility, young guys driving big trucks on dirt roads, no one around for long distances to see what's happening. It is not at all inconceivable that a runner could be hit by a fast moving farm vehicle, be thrown into high grass/corn/etc., and go unnoticed by the driver. Also not inconceivable that such a driver could panic and do something (else) stupid. Makes more sense, really, that abductors ranging along I-80 or some other thing.

A large truck struck and killed a bicyclist on Mission St. in Santa Cruz, CA a few years ago. The truck driver was completely unaware that he'd struck the bicyclist. Someone followed him and flagged him down.

Snipped

Mortvedt says she returned home safely from her run. So I guess we can rule out something happening while she was out running. What does that leave?

Snipped

I'm super skeptical of the reporting in this case as it keeps changing and things keep coming and going from the reports. That bit about returning safely IS new but is counter to things LE have been quoted as saying so until it's confirmed in other reporting I'm wondering if it's accurate...

""We are one week into the investigation. Mollie disappeared last Wednesday evening on July 18th. Ever since then the investigation has been at full speed. We feel pretty confident with the timeline we've put together and the direction of travel she was going when she was on her run," said Mitch Mortvedt with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Mortvedt says Mollie was dropped off at her boyfriend's home by her older brother Jake at 5:30PM on Wednesday. They now know Mollie went on a run around 7:30-8PM and returned to that home safely."

So we know %100 for certain she was taken/left Wednesday after 8:00 PM sometime?

Mortvedt says she returned home safely from her run. So I guess we can rule out something happening while she was out running. What does that leave?
I don’t know anymore. One would think after the jog, you go back home and shower. Maybe got ready to go to her mom’s and then something happened on her way. Idk

Just catching up on a few pages and a post (can’t remember who’s) made me think about something...
I know we have rehashed the frustration of not knowing how she planned to get to work in the morning (and that no one else seems to know), and that it may not be worrisome to her mom that she didn’t show for dinner, ***BUT wouldn’t she have needed transportation to her moms for dinner if that was the plan? Was one of her brothers supposed to drive her or had they discussed, or assumed that she would come on foot? She does not have a vehicle at this point either, soooo what was the plan? I’m guessing it was for her to come on foot because someone would have followed up or arrived to the boyfriends house to pick her up if not, correct? This bugs me as much as her unknown plans to get to work in the morning, unless it has already been answered.

IMOO

Her mom's house is only a mile away. And family have stated she walked back and forth. IMO the 7:30pm time released and the dogs being in the basement, where they are placed when they are alone, the text at 7pm about dinner, gross me Mollie disappeared on the way to her moms.

Didn't that guy say she had on a black sports bra, though?

He said neon pink, the media said black.

I don’t know anymore. One would think after the jog, you go back home and shower. Maybe got ready to go to her mom’s and then something happened on her way. Idk

OMG the thought of her in the shower....terrifying.

BBM - well, that's new!

That they know she returned home safely after her run, about 8:00 pm. I'm actually not going to believe that until it's confirmed--it goes contrary to other recent reports, and it's not particularly attributed to anyone, although we might assume that Mortvedt said it. I don't trust journalists to get anything accurate.

Snipped

That is interesting.
First time I have heard this

I definitely would not call it 100% certainty. The article switches from quoting him to saying more generally that "they" know she returned after the run, but I haven't seen that as a direct quote or reported anywhere else. Everything else I've seen has said they weren't sure about that.

A large truck struck and killed a bicyclist on Mission St. in Santa Cruz, CA a few years ago. The truck driver was completely unaware that he'd struck the bicyclist. Someone followed him and flagged him down.

Right. And the trucks we're talking about in this part of the country--trucks servicing pig farms, hay fields, etc.--are huge, wide, heavy. Roads are narrow with little to no shoulder. Most are crowned, gravel roads with ditches on either side. I've seen first hand how fast truck drivers go down these roads...

If she decided to "run a section" in the evening--that would be the first risk that comes to mind.

That they know she returned home safely after her run, about 8:00 pm. I'm actually not going to believe that until it's confirmed--it goes contrary to other recent reports, and it's not particularly attributed to anyone, although we might assume that Mortvedt said it. I don't trust journalists to get anything accurate.

Agreed!

Snipped

Well unless she went running yet again which seems really unlikely it really moves the idea that she was snatched on a run or hit by a car way down the possibility list. I’m not sure what to make of this new info.

I think she made it home from running due to the Snapchat to BF...who would send a Good Night Snapchat at 7:30 pm before their run? Something happened after that...perhaps lured outside...perhaps picked up by somebody she knew...or they just dropped by. I hope they were able to glean something from it.

We don't know if it was a goodnight message. Her bf says he thought it was. It was merely the last message sent. We still don't know what time the sc was sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo