Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of pairs of running shoes because I sometimes am a regular runner (I'm not consistent as I stop for months at a time but I have done distances up to and including half marathons). My husband would not be able to tell you the colors of my running shoes with any accuracy. He just doesn't pay attention to that kind of thing. He would probably erroneously mention shoes I had a long time ago that were memorable or something.

I believe there were two different accounts of her out running. One was around 5:30 and mentioned a black top, the other was later and mentioned the pink top. Unclear if she was out twice or if the first was mistaken.

She could have planned to walk/ run over to her mom's for dinner. It's about a mile, easily walkable.
I haven't been keeping up with the case so close. Have they disclosed the location of the home Mollie lives in and where she was staying at her boyfriends? I'd like to know if someone has that information. Thanks.

I asked about keys yesterday, and was assured by numerous people that this isn't the sort of town where people use keys!
Ah, I know I'm late to the party (thread) here. Let me expand the thought: Who knew that Mollie was staying at her boyfriend/boyfriend's brother's house? And who knew that both boyfriend and brother were away?

I have a question about the dogs. Why were the dogs put in the basement? Was that the routine? Im thinking that perhaps if someone came to the house and told her to put the dogs in the basement, then abducted Mollie.

My understanding from these threads and the various news reports is that the dogs were normally put in the basement when they were going to be left alone.
For the moment, I'm going to assume the dogs were also put in the basement for overnight hours (knowing that info would be useful, but I'm going with the assumption for now).

I think she was in the house "for the night" when something happened. She wasn't on her run, she wasn't outside with the dogs. The dogs were put in their night-time location (assuming) and she had taken out her contacts. She wears her FitBit to bed apparently to track her sleeping and had her phone handy for the last Snapchat.

Why would she leave the house in the evening without the dogs, without her contacts, without her ID/wallet? I don't think she would.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change.

Just thinking through some things I wanted to share my thoughts on..

I have never had a missing child and I really can't say how I would feel or what I would say or do in the days after especially if the media presense and number of people that are likely messaging, calling, and trying to get info were there as it seems they are in this case. Not all of them with good intentions either.. it's just hard to even grasp how many people are likely trying to get in contact with them, get info from them, and some yes are good meaning, but they are likely told my law enforcement to not talk or to not trust anyone.. think about how it could be the person responsible for her disappearance reaching out to see what is already known too.. just all around not a situation I can even put myself in to imagine how I'd react.

I have teenagers and I have 2 that fight and will tell you they don't like each other.. I've even heard "I hate you" or " I hate *advertiser censored*" talking about the sibling. They 100 love each other, but I could see one of them cutting the other out of a picture or two, I could see the jokes on social media as a way to "act cool" or hurt the other one when they are mad. I don't think in any way at all either of them want to harm the other and if the national media were thrust into our house/lives I think as any teenager they would be antsy, and maybe even look suspicious because they are scared/nervous.. not because of guilt, but because they are kids still (and I still consider the older brother in this case a "kid".. he's what 20, in college and barely out of the house himself and this is a pretty adult issue that most adults wouldn't even handle well.. so for this I'd say kid) of course their eyes dart around or they look down.. they are likey nervous about being on TV, being interviewed, scared of the real possibility that their sister is not coming back.. I just think we can't read too much into their actions during interviews... even laughing or smiling. Mom was even laughing a bit in her interview.. I am sure at this point it's hard to even let her mind to go the what if.. I know it does go there, but I'd think when I think of what ifs I don't really think they've happened or how would I even function at all?? there has to be a defense mechanism that doesn't let your brain really fixate on it or you wouldn't be able to function at all to help, or to just live.

The fact that the neighbor saw her running and knew what she was wearing and roughly when.. and the way that was brought out was so innocent.. I saw him comment on the police Facebook page I think it was.... I don't think that is made up and that is way more credible I think than guessing based on text messages or whatnot.. Now that they are saying she was last seen in that clothing and that time makes a lot of sense to me.

I also read somewhere that she didn't need the contacts/glasses all the time.. maybe she didn't routinely run with the contacts in? I'm sure family would know if she did or didn't or her boyfriend maybe? I don't think that means she was taken from her house because maybe she could see well enough to run without them. maybe they bothered her when she exercised with them in? Just thinking out loud.

I am leaning more now toward someone taking her while running or even someone she knew that she would go with for whatever reason. I keep thinking that this is daylight, and now if they are saying she was in town (which I realize for a small town doesn't mean it's as populated or as busy as larger cities) then someone would have to be super brave or really really nuts to try to grab her with people possibly in earshot if she put up a fight. I mean an old country road is one thing, but if she was "in town".. I just don't think it was a struggle with force which leads me to think it was someone she at least would say hi to or move in closer to talk to that she felt semi comfortable with. Not sure who that would be, but in a small town I bet most people know each other and it could be any number of people passing by that wouldn't raise red flags to anyone that she would go to or with and not think anything of it... I grew up in a small town like that and even "strangers" were not scary because there was a false sense of safety.

No. A couple of days ago, we heard that there'd be a press conference today. I don't think there's been anything more mentioned about that.
I thought it was mentioned during the first press conference that they would have another one on Friday.

It could explain her glasses and contacts being in the home.

... if she returned home after her run

exactly..right before her shower?

Can we talk about the dogs for a bit? Could she have returned home and then took the dogs for a walk or spent time with them outdoors and someone noticed her?

If I recall, the dogs were found in the basement. Was that their normal nighttime place to be?

jmo

I don't think anything about the dogs has been proven.

This is true. I guess I was thinking she had already missed dinner at her mom’s by 8:00. I need a timeline on the wall to keep things straight.

I find myself wishing that I'd taken notes right from the start.

But, I'm certain that her mother said that there was an exchange of texts--something like:
"Are you coming over for dinner?"
"What is it?"
"Brats"
"ok"

With texts, there's always the possibility that someone else is texting, to deliberately mess up the timeline. But I wouldn't think that 8pm was too late to start out to get to a place a mile away.

In the very very beginning there is reference to him saying it said goodnight or something along that lines. I will try and go back and find it but it may have been an updated article
That’s what I remember it as a “good night message” wish he knew what it said other than it being in the house. I don’t know how Snapchat works but that is kinda annoying. I know she messaged somebody around 7pm it does not say who or she n what platform. Maybe she sent message “going for a run” and that’s why they’re focused on her running clothing. Still leaves out the disappearing red shirt.

So, is it confirmed that she did, in fact, return home safely after the run? If so, it's odd that they keep publishing the info about her running clothes. If she came home, I guess they'd know whether she had changed/showered or was still wearing her workout gear when she disappeared.

It was, but I assumed that this morning's press release is taking the place of that press conference.
I think you are right. I was just responding to the person who was looking for a link to a mention of a Friday press conference. Once, the morning press release came out I figured that was all they needed to say, unless something major happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teceemac