Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family and friends expand the search for Mollie Tibbetts

Snipped

Mortvedt says Mollie was dropped off at her boyfriend's home by her older brother Jake at 5:30PM on Wednesday. They now know Mollie went on a run around 7:30-8PM and returned to that home safely.

Forensics experts have requested access to all of Mollie's social media accounts, including the Fitbit she was wearing when she went missing. They just received the data from her Fitbit, but cannot disclose the information they were given.

Returned home safely? WOW! I'm surprised by that!

Search for Mollie Tibbetts now in its ninth day

>>snip

“We are running down all information that is pertinent, or that we feel could lead to us where Mollie is or tell us what happened to her,” he said.

Tibbetts’ disappearance has fueled rampant speculation and rumors online, with social media users and self-proclaimed “web sleuths” posting theories, narratives and potentially inaccurate information and statistics.

Rahn said recent social media posts have focused on the number of people, especially juveniles, that have been reported missing in recent days, weeks, and months.

Rahn said the farms were searched “because information was obtained that we felt warranted searches of those properties.”

Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of field operations for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, characterized the first search as “fruitless.” Rhan did not comment as to whether anything probative was found during the second search, but characterized the process as routine.

Ah, I know I'm late to the party (thread) here. Let me expand the thought: Who knew that Mollie was staying at her boyfriend/boyfriend's brother's house? And who knew that both boyfriend and brother were away?
She pretty much lived there when home from school for the summer according to her family, so it was probably known in the community that she was staying there. Nothing from LE or MSM on who knew she was alone there that night, so only speculation that her family, her boyfriend's family, possibly friends of theirs and/or her coworkers knew the boyfriend, his brother & fiance were out of town and she was staying at the house alone and watching the dogs. Also no vehicles in the driveway could have been enough of an indicator to someone in the neighborhood or who had been watching her that the other 3 people living in the house were gone and she was alone there that night. It's very hard to know for sure & very disturbing to think about someone going into the house at night and attacking or kidnapping her.

I’m sorry to be gloomy, but this isn’t sounding promising. This gal sounds just lovely and so does her family and boyfriend. Unfortunately we have had too many of these female jogger incidences in the past couple years. It appears female joggers have become prey.
I will do some aerial mapping later this evening and see if I can come up with any search suggestions.
Surrounding her family in prayer.

Her family said she would never go off the grid and run away. “No, absolutely not. Mollie would never run off. I last spoke with her at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday night about what was for dinner. I told her brats. She said, ‘ok,'” her mother, Laura Calderwood, told KWWL-TV.

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

———————

Calderwood said she had exchanged several text messages with her daughter that afternoon.

“She had sent me a shopping list for a dessert she wanted to make and take to work,” she said. “I texted her that I got the ingredients and asked if she was coming home for dinner.”

According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home and asked what they were having. “Brats,” she replied. “Ok,” Tibbetts responded.

But dinner came and went, Calderwood said, and Tibbetts didn’t come home.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery
So this dessert was it for the next day? Did anybody clarify that? They had that fair to go to...assuming they were planning a picnic box lunch thing. Her not showing up for dinner or making this dessert when it was specifically mentioned is really important if it was for the next day. Surprised mom didn’t send a “where on earth are you?” Or “do you want me to make it?”

Returned home safely? WOW! I'm surprised by that!

Yeah but I don't think we can tell whether he really said that. All these articles have contradictions and misstatements. If she returned home safely why is Mortvedt directly quoted as saying:

"Ever since then the investigation has been at full speed. We feel pretty confident with the timeline we've put together and the direction of travel she was going when she was on her run," said Mitch Mortvedt with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Makes no sense.

The part about her returning home safely was not a direct quote.

Ugh. The journalism has been so slipshod.

Mortvedt says she returned home safely from her run. So I guess we can rule out something happening while she was out running. What does that leave?

Good question, and by process of elimination and Occam's Razor... what do we have?

I think it's possible there is a huge chunk of info being left out. For example, Mollie had a friend or acquaintance who was helping her get from point A to B. It doesn't make any sense to me that she would walk or Jog to her moms for dinner. To my brain it is more likely, she arranged a ride with someone! Was she going to walk back to the BF's house after dinner too?

JMO

Good question, and by process of elimination and Occam's Razor... what do we have?

I think it's possible there is a huge chunk of info being left out. For example, Mollie had a friend or acquaintance who was helping her get from point A to B. It doesn't make any sense to me that she would walk or Jog to her moms for dinner. To my brain it is more likely, she arranged a ride with someone! Was she going to walk back to the BF's house after dinner too?

JMO

Maybe she was going to take the car back or have her mom or brother drive her back

That’s what I remember it as a “good night message” wish he knew what it said other than it being in the house. I don’t know how Snapchat works but that is kinda annoying. I know she messaged somebody around 7pm it does not say who or she n what platform. Maybe she sent message “going for a run” and that’s why they’re focused on her running clothing. Still leaves out the disappearing red shirt.

It could have said something like "can't wait to see you in the morning" and since he opened it so late he took as a goodnight message. I still think she sent it earlier in the night

I’m sorry to be gloomy, but this isn’t sounding promising. This gal sounds just lovely and so does her family and boyfriend. Unfortunately we have had too many of these female jogger incidences in the past couple years. It appears female joggers have become prey.
I will do some aerial mapping later this evening and see if I can come up with any search suggestions.
Surrounding her family in prayer.
I have been telling my husband that for a long time about female joggers being prey. It is scary...he doesn’t even follow stuff except what he hears me listening to on Podcasts and we just look at each other like there’s another one. Both my girls were cross country runners so glad they don’t do it anymore. Saw a girl two weekends ago running alone way out in the county and it made me cringe. It’s just not safe it seems.

Updated 2 hrs 3 mins ago
Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

"I read somewhere that she was running in a cornfield. That's obviously not true," Kim Calderwood, her aunt, said. "The run happened and then she was at the house as far as we know. I don't think she would've run in the dark."

Family and friends expand the search for Mollie Tibbetts

"We are one week into the investigation. Mollie disappeared last Wednesday evening on July 18th. Ever since then the investigation has been at full speed. We feel pretty confident with the timeline we've put together and the direction of travel she was going when she was on her run," said Mitch Mortvedt with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Mortvedt says Mollie was dropped off at her boyfriend's home by her older brother Jake at 5:30PM on Wednesday. They now know Mollie went on a run around 7:30-8PM and returned to that home safely.

So, there's two different sources that she returned home safely. I know I was of mind something happened while running, and it's hard to leave that completely. But I try to keep an open mind to all scenarios.

The first source is a very old quote relatively speaking. It was from before they analyzed her Fitbit info. Before they began targeted searches. Before they stated she went jogging between 7:30 - 7:45.

At that point the mom knew that te boyfriend had received a snapchat message from inside the home, at 10:00 pm. Or so they thought.

They now know much more including when it was sent.

The second "source" is not a direct quote. It's the journalists' interpretation. And it doesn't quite make sense in the context of LE stating they know her direction of travel. Or the fact that they're searching targeted areas. Or that she went jogging between 7:30-7:45.

Until I see a direct quote it's meaningless for me. We've had far too many errors in these articles.

It's crazy!!!

So 9 days in and Mollie is still missing.

No Presser and the rumour mill is going full tilt.

No suspects, no direction, no nothing (publicly anyway).

We have rehashed every type of fitbit and its GPS capabilities or not.

We have rehashed the last time she was seen, dropped off, ran, didn't run, contacts on, off, glasses etc.

We have rehashed what she was wearing - that's changed a bit.

Boyfriend, brothers cleared and not suspects - OK we can move on from there.

What we are left with is not much. LE is asking for tips but have given the public nothing to even think about. I think a Presser is sorely needed. Give us a bit more info so that it might jog our memories.

This silence either means that they know something and just need us to stay out of the way, or they know nothing. So which is it?

If there is really no information, no leads, no nothing, I only fear for the worst for Mollie. I feel sick for her family and friends. I don't know how her mother is able to carry on daily. She's a strong woman. I have so much respect for her.

9 days is such a long time. It does not bode well.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member