Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if LE says she made it home from her run...is this still not good enough? Why would they say it? It changes a lot and it would be fruitless to state that,if in fact unsure. Her making it back from the run rules out a number of theories. So something happened after 8pm Imo.

A Week After Disappearance Mollie Tibbetts’ Brothers, Boyfriend Cleared in Investigation this is article I looked at and I read her boyfriend, her brothers and her family.

Yes. But the headline is somewhat misleading. I got confused by an earlier report as well but someone cleared it up for me.

Direct quotes, they cleared her boyfriend and HIS brothers.

Later, direct quote, they don't FEEL that her family or boyfriend are involved:

“As in any investigation like this, those who are the closest to Mollie have been interviewed. Everybody within her family, boyfriend, at this point, we don't feel has any involvement in her disappearance” said Assistant Director of DCI Field Operations Mitchell Mortvedt.

The other quote is:

ABC: Confirmed boyfriend’s alibi?

Kriegel: We have confirmed that. He is not a suspect.

ABC: Boyfriend not a suspect, his brother for example?

Kriegel: The brothers are not suspects.

ABC: Both brothers are not?

Kriegel: No.

On another issue, as to timeline, that some have been discussing, direct quote is:

ABC: What about the discussion and the comments and the timeline about where she was and what she was doing that afternoon? Have you been able to construct a timeline of where she was?

Kriegel: Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8.

ABC: What do you know about what she was doing later that evening?

Kriegel: We don’t know anything later than that?

ABC: Do you believe she might have been at home as late as Friday morning?

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

I may be thinking of another case, but at the beginning of these threads wasn't there talk of a storm that night? Making it odd that she would be out running?? Sorry if I'm getting confused, but I really thought that was mentioned early on. And I also agree, presser is much needed!
I looked up the weather at the National Weather Service and it doesn't look like the area had a storm that night. The overall comment for the day was:
"NO SIGNIFICANT WEATHER WAS OBSERVED."
National Weather Service Climate

So if LE says she made it home from her run...is this still not good enough? Why would they say it? It changes a lot and it would be fruitless to state that,if in fact unsure. Her making it back from the run rules out a number of theories. So something happened after 8pm Imo.
Le said she made it home from her run? I must have missed that.

I may be thinking of another case, but at the beginning of these threads wasn't there talk of a storm that night? Making it odd that she would be out running?? Sorry if I'm getting confused, but I really thought that was mentioned early on. And I also agree, presser is much needed!
I recall that being said too, that there was a big storm that went through there the night she went missing, but someone checked the weather records posted after this and there wasn't a record of significant weather. I don't think it was another case, though, since this is the only one I've been following and someone definitely posted very early on (Thread #1) that it would have been harder I think for people to notice if there was unusual activity in the neighborhood because of reduced visibility. That's strange, maybe they were mistaken.

Last edited:
There were big storms the next morning, meaning someone could probably go unnoticed in the AM with the torrential rain

Bruce McCarthur. Dellen Millard.
What source are you using for the "torrential rain" info. I looked up weather history for July 19 and July 20 for Brooklyn, Iowa at the National Weather Service, and there was no rain on those dates.

Clue me in. Thanks.

So this dessert was it for the next day? Did anybody clarify that? They had that fair to go to...assuming they were planning a picnic box lunch thing. Her not showing up for dinner or making this dessert when it was specifically mentioned is really important if it was for the next day. Surprised mom didn’t send a “where on earth are you?” Or “do you want me to make it?”
I'm pretty behind, so I'm not sure if this was answered regarding the dessert. A co-worker of Mollie's said the cake was going to be for Friday for someone's birthday.

it doesn't make any sense to me that she would walk or Jog to her moms for dinner. To my brain it is more likely, she arranged a ride with someone! Was she going to walk back to the BF's house after dinner too?

JMO

For an avid runner, walking/running a mile to mom's would be done without a second thought. She could just have driven back to the BF house in the car she shared with her brother, so he wouldn't have to get up to take her to work the next morning.

i don't know if this has been discussed on this thread yet, i haven't seen this brought up at all, so please bare with me and help me figure this out. if any of you need more information on snapchat or are unfamiliar with it, please let me know if i need to explain things more thoroughly!

i use snapchat quite frequently, like most college students. i use it far more than i use normal text messaging. for those who are unaware, when you send a snapchat to somebody, the other person can choose whether or not to open the snapchat at that specific time. her boyfriend was probably busy and HE said he 'opened it at 10' (or around then).

when you send a snapchat, the conversation log has timestamps. so, it says the time when each person SENT the snapchat, NOT when the other person received and/or opened the snapchat.

you may be asking, well maybe Dalton didn't have phone service or wifi when Mollie actually took the snapchat and sent it to him. i have really bad phone service sometimes and so do a lot of my friends, so sometimes i don't receive snapchats until i get more bars or better wifi. but, when i DO finally see the snapchat notification in the snapchat app, it will still say what time the person sent it.

i'm not sure how long the snapchat's timestamps stay visible in the chat log after opening, i think it's a day. but i've encountered that sometimes these snapchats timestamps stay visible in the log for a few days before they disappear. and other times they may disappear after a few hours or so, i think it may be a glitch on snapchat's end. i have snapchats from this morning that i opened hours ago and they still have the time stamps. snapchats that i opened last night, the day before, or even a week ago will still say "_hr" or "_w" (indicating how many hours or weeks it has been since the snapchat was sent to you).

my question is, couldn't Dalton just look and see what time the snapchat was sent BY Mollie to him? the next day when he woke up and realized she was missing, he could've easily shown LE what time she sent it. if the specific timestamp (example: 9:43 pm) disappeared because of the amount of time that had passed since he opened it, it would STILL say "_hr" under her name in the app. of course, the "_hr" feature isn't completely helpful because there's no specific minute interval, but it can at least show what time she was in a house and still able to access her phone.

******this post is NOT insinuating that Dalton is a suspect. i do NOT think Dalton is a suspect! i am heartbroken for him and his family as well as Mollie's. maybe he was so shocked over her disappearance that he completely overlooked the time, or maybe the LE didn't think this feature was available or didn't check hard enough.
.... or maybe they DO know what time it was sent because of the feature and do not care to release that information to the public at this time.

Wait, if LE is now saying she made it home from her run, why are they saying she's in her running clothes (pink sports bra, etc)?
Those are the clothes determined to be missing from the home? IDK. The info will change as the investigation moves on. For now, I'm assuming she made it home (and took out her contacts).

jmo

This is my first post... Long time lurker. I live in central Iowa and travel I-80 frequently for work. This situation has paralyzed me with fear as I am not much older than Molly, and stop at the pilot gas station in Brooklyn frequently. I moved here a few years ago and until now I have always felt safer than in any other state I’ve resided. I am still in complete shock by not only her disappearance but the press of all the other missing Iowa people. I hope they find her soon. Many here are totally panicked and while I can’t speak for others, I don’t want to do anything alone outdoors out of fear and mistrust.

The fact that she made it home safely after her run makes me think it is not a random abduction, but someone she knew and trusted. Before this case received national coverage and made headline news, I was sharing on my FB and speculating what could have happened with my husband. I have always thought someone saw her running, waited for her to go to bed, and abducted her from bed so that no one would know she was missing until morning. Someone who knew her habits and knew she was alone because the brothers trucks weren’t home. Being so close to the interstate it could be random but my gut is it is someone who stalked her locally. People even in “big city” Iowa leave doors unlocked so regardless there would be no sign of forced entry. I didn’t lock my doors except at night until this case. I do now.

If this has already been stated, my apologies. I am not sure how this forum works quite yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member