Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this dessert was it for the next day? Did anybody clarify that? They had that fair to go to...assuming they were planning a picnic box lunch thing. Her not showing up for dinner or making this dessert when it was specifically mentioned is really important if it was for the next day. Surprised mom didn’t send a “where on earth are you?” Or “do you want me to make it?”

I think I remember reading the dessert was for Friday, but will try to go back and find the source.

So this dessert was it for the next day? Did anybody clarify that? They had that fair to go to...assuming they were planning a picnic box lunch thing. Her not showing up for dinner or making this dessert when it was specifically mentioned is really important if it was for the next day. Surprised mom didn’t send a “where on earth are you?” Or “do you want me to make it?”

What I heard--and I get all my information, (or misinformation), from this thread--was that the dessert was for an after-work occasion on Friday. And she disappeared either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

So, unfortunately, we can't draw any strong conclusions from the dessert. She'd have been able to make it Thursday evening, so it wasn't totally shocking that she didn't make it.

I am new here, but have been lurking and this is my first post. Sorry if any of this is redundant. I have so many questions! I hope she’s found soon. I’ve been wondering...

Do they have any other proof she was out running other than a neighbor saying they saw her?
Did she take any of the dogs running with her?
Did she tell her mom “ok”about coming over for dinner, but then no one reached out wondering if she changed her mind?
Did anyone try to call her and get the immediate voicemail (signaling that phone was off/out of battery) prior to the next day?
Why do the news stories keep claiming she sent a snap to her boyfriend at 10 when he opened it at 10...she could have sent it much earlier.
Why are they searching pig farms now all of a sudden? Is this based on the Fitbit data?

I feel like they have proof the Fitbit data is no longer active otherwise they wouldnt have released that information to the public. They have been really careful about not releasing certain details and doubt something so important would be overlooked and released. If it was still active and they realeased that info that would be a HUGE mistake on law enforcements part. JMO!

Mortvedt says she returned home safely from her run. So I guess we can rule out something happening while she was out running. What does that leave?

Mollie being home during a home invasion. People break into older houses in Iowa to steal the copper piping. If there wasn't a car at the house, so the burglars could have assumed that no one was home. Or, someone she knew came to the door and caused Mollie to vanish.

I still think someone living in the house mentioned going out of town for a few days. Either to someone's face or via social media. Someone overheard/saw it and used the opportunity to commit a crime.

What I heard--and I get all my information, (or misinformation), from this thread--was that the dessert was for an after-work occasion on Friday. And she disappeared either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

So, unfortunately, we can't draw any strong conclusions from the dessert. She'd have been able to make it Thursday evening, so it wasn't totally shocking that she didn't make it.
Thank you that was what I was trying to find.

I agree you know some have been cleared in the past and they shouldn’t have been.
It could be strategic on the part of LE to say all the people close to her are not suspects while they keep investigating to shift the focus elsewhere where they think it should be (serial killer?... over a dozen FBI agents assigned to the case is awesome however kind of unusual IMO), and/or to give themselves more time to look closer at everyone while following up on leads.

I saw several sources she was Running in a cornfield which was ridiculous when they’re that thick that tall and those leaves would shred you to pieces. I assume she normally ran by cornfields which is where it got misconstrued. That’s why I questioned if they took dogs on her routes to see if somebody didn’t drag her into one.

N Grace irresponsibly said this in her podcast on Mollie Tibbetts, July 24th. She assumed this is how people living around cornfields run, through the rows.

As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts and Jake Wilson, vigil planned for missing Iowans
As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student who has been missing for more than a week, and Jake Wilson, an autistic teenager who vanished more than three months, Goodman's organization and others plan to host a vigil next week for those reported missing as well as those "gone forever."

Organizers expect more than 300 people to turn out for the Aug. 1 vigil scheduled for 7 p.m. at the RiverLoop Amphitheatre & Expo Plaza in Waterloo. State representatives and police officials are expected to attend.
upload_2018-7-27_20-46-28.jpeg
The parents of 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins are also expected to attend. Collins and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric Cook, were abducted in July 2012 and reported missing for seven months before their bodies were found. No one has been arrested in their killings.
upload_2018-7-27_20-46-44.jpeg

Good question, and by process of elimination and Occam's Razor... what do we have?

I think it's possible there is a huge chunk of info being left out. For example, Mollie had a friend or acquaintance who was helping her get from point A to B. It doesn't make any sense to me that she would walk or Jog to her moms for dinner. To my brain it is more likely, she arranged a ride with someone! Was she going to walk back to the BF's house after dinner too?

JMO
One scenario that has been discussed a couple times on this thread is that it was 'normal' for her to run or walk to her mom's house a mile away since she is a runner and physically fit and didn't have a car. This would jive with two different "sightings" of her running around 5:30 pm ('official' run for the day), and again around 7;30 pm (could have been on her way to mom's for dinner). There she would have dinner with her mom & brothers, and then take the car she shared with her brother & drive it back to her boyfriend's house to take to work in the morning. But she never arrived at her mom's.

I may be thinking of another case, but at the beginning of these threads wasn't there talk of a storm that night? Making it odd that she would be out running?? Sorry if I'm getting confused, but I really thought that was mentioned early on. And I also agree, presser is much needed!

My brain and my heart are sore. Nine days nothing. I don’t really understand that. If our sweet Mollie is alive it scares me the suffering that she is likely enduring. I hope she knows how many people are praying for her and are pouring their heart into these searches. And the investigation I just hope that it’s enough to bring her home

Until I see a direct quote it's meaningless for me. We've had far too many errors in these articles.

It's crazy!!!

Snipped your post for brevity. I agree gitana1. The beginning is in quotes, then the important part isn't. I just don't want to become fixed on an abduction while running. There are so many other possible scenarios. Seems the "fitbit jogger" headlines have given many (including me) tunnel vision.

I keep going back to the BOLO in Utah. What was that all about?

I still really believe they have someone in mind but they do not have enough evidence on them. The strategy would be to keep very close eyes on them until one they have more evidence or two that person creates more evidence for them either by doing something else or talking about it are getting sloppy

Mollie being home during a home invasion. People break into older houses in Iowa to steal the copper piping. If there wasn't a car at the house, so the burglars could have assumed that no one was home. Or, someone she knew came to the door and caused Mollie to vanish.

I still think someone living in the house mentioned going out of town for a few days. Either to someone's face or via social media. Someone overheard/saw it and used the opportunity to commit a crime.

If Mollie did make it back to the house she was dog-sitting at and was planning on going back out for dinner at her mother’s the reporting of her missing red shirt and the leaving behind of her glasses/contacts make me wonder if she was interrupted while getting ready by a knock or someone ringing the doorbell so she threw the closest thing on to answer the door not expecting to leave her house at that moment

There’s the cliche of child predators asking children for help finding a non-existent missing pet and an adult would be less likely to fall for that kind of rouse, but how many people would be more than obliged to help a neighbor/friend/acquaintance with a quick favor especially in a small town setting?

All IMO of course and I’m not intending to accuse anyone specific just proposing a possible scenario!

I may be thinking of another case, but at the beginning of these threads wasn't there talk of a storm that night? Making it odd that she would be out running?? Sorry if I'm getting confused, but I really thought that was mentioned early on. And I also agree, presser is much needed!

There were big storms the next morning, meaning someone could probably go unnoticed in the AM with the torrential rain

Do you have an example? I am researching this situation but I can’t find any case where Someone was cleared then arrested.

Bruce McCarthur. Dellen Millard.

I also find it ironic they complain about social media yet dont release any details....like whatsoever. Obviously people are going to speculate and try and find Mollie. It's not like LE is the only one allowed to try and figure out what happened to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C