Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really confused by this too. Say I put my FitBit on in the morning and it's at 1,500 steps. If I walk 10,000 more steps that day, my FitBit APP won't show that until I open the app from my Iphone and give it a few seconds (sometimes longer!) to sync up. Then the FitBit app jumps up to 11,500 steps. This goes with all other data too. If they don't have her actual FitBit, they're logging into a FitBit dashboard or FitBit app. Right?! Now I'm just confusing myself. Am I missing something?

So I just turned on the location services like that link I put up says to. Now apparently when I start a hike it will follow me if I activate it and have my phone on me using cellular data. I could see an avid runner using this function to keep track of time and distance. I’ll be using it on my hikes.

Well she did have her phone with her (probably - it is missing as well), so it's conceivable that it was set to autosync at regular intervals so they could have some data available from after she went missing. Once that connection was lost, eg. with her phone battery running out, they wouldn't get any new data until they can sync the device.

Thanks. Except boyfriend said her phone was either turned off or had a dead battery. So the fitbit will not sync and will not be giving any current data to her phone. Even the apps that find lost fitbits say they have to be within 100 ft.

I know with the newer fit bits you can track your fit bit if you have lost it through your find my iPhone app... or you could use any PC and log into iCloud then find my iPhone account . It would have to be set up this way and unsure if she has a Mac or iPhone.

In Mollie’s Instagram from just over a year ago July 11 2017 she is taking a photo using an iPhone 7. Mollie Tibbetts (@motibbs) • Instagram photos and videos I can tell from the camera on the phone I’m a technology geek and have had the same phone.

From other cases, people have had alibis check out that later didn’t actually check out. Not saying they are guilty just hard to clear people when they don’t even know what crime was committed.

But they know when she went missing. They know where the brothers and boyfriend all were. They can tell they weren’t involved based on the time frame.<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me give ya my opinion being i live about hour away from Brooklyn IA,
The house she was at where they now believe she was abducted from is off of hwy 6 a Main hwy that is travelled along with I80 . i wholeheartedly believe she was abducted by a HSK.
And im pretty sure this is the same suspect from Evansdale murders who i believe is connected to 2 other sets of murdєrѕ going back to 2008

Gitana, plenty of white middle class girls have been sex trafficked. I am one of them. It happens all the time and u can easily google thousands of cases. I have had plenty of other men attempt it as well when i moved to portland oregon and they still try it. I wasnt and am not a runaway. Of course, certain people like runaways are better targets, but white girls run away, too, and sex workers (also targets) are often white as well. It happens to people of all races and walks of life. Also, white girls make good targets for their own reasons. Hate to say it, but to sex traffickers, white girls are often seen as gold. But, they will really try their crap on any girls who they run into because the more girls they have, the more $, and if they wana make money and are low in $, they will go for whoever comes along their path.

Any way...i dont think this is a sex trafficking case.

The house she was at where they now believe she was abducted from is off of hwy 6 a Main hwy that is travelled along with I80 . i wholeheartedly believe she was abducted by a HSK.
And im pretty sure this is the same suspect from Evansdale murders who i believe is connected to 2 other sets of murdєrѕ going back to 2008

What is HSK

Right. We are fairly sure it isn’t giving any new data unless the perp is walking around wearing it. The data they are concerned with is from the time she went missing.
Right, this is what I'm saying as well. They probably do have some data from right around when she went missing, before the phone's battery died and when the phone and fitbit were still near each other. Hopefully the phone battery lasted awhile, too, because that would give them additional data on location depending on her settings.

Thanks. Except boyfriend said her phone was either turned off or had a dead battery. So the fitbit will not sync and will not be giving any current data to her phone. Even the apps that find lost fitbits say they have to be within 100 ft.
the data dont just disappear, it goes somewhere

yes and the fbi can get that
Not until they find the device. It doesn't have a way to transmit it to the server without the phone or a computer.

As Harmony posted above, here's the info on how it syncs: Fitbit Help - How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

It is over Bluetooth, which requires another device to be nearby to sync up to the Fitbit and send it to the central servers. It can't do that on its own.

I've been wondering if this is related to the Evansdale murders too. If I recall, they were kidnapped in one spot and found in another many miles away in the middle of nowhere. Is that correct?
What is a HSK? I'm guessing the last two letters stand for serial killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman