Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media would be all over it.

Who's to say they weren't all over it? ;)

There is a reason LE swarmed on that area, and the pig farm location is a reasonable enough distance from the last known Fitbit log (the wilderness area) that they would've had to have had a solid reason to continue going back to it. Perhaps they have all the information they can get for now in that vein and are just waiting for eyewitnesses and more evidence to complete a probable cause puzzle.

JMO.

But WC's property is closer to 220th (HWY 21), and the circle falls on 430th and V21. When I looked at the Beacon website, I could see who owned the land in the circle and it was not WC. I believe his property is more southeast of the circle.

Who's to say they weren't all over it? ;)

There is a reason LE swarmed on that area, and the pig farm location is a reasonable enough distance from the last known Fitbit log (the wilderness area) that they would've had to have had a solid reason to continue going back to it. Perhaps they have all the information they can get for now in that vein and are just waiting for eyewitnesses and more evidence to complete a probable cause puzzle.

JMO.

I can't keep up with these threads, so this question I have may have already been answered, but did LE say that they got an electronic ping of some sort at or around the Pig Farm?

Has LE ever said anything about the red shirt found?

Her route is not known, so we don't know if she ran past the car wash that night.

You're right, we don't know exactly. I was going off DR saying he witnessed her jogging by his house, which is a few houses down from the car wash on the same street, based on her jogging east when she left her boyfriend's house, and LE pinpointing her to at least the car wash, but not telling the public. Should have said all that to begin with. But I'm just guessing using the very limited information.

I know this was discussed last night, but she was dropped off by her brother at 5:30 the evening she disappeared.

I wonder a lot of things, as do many here.

What was she doing that day, before her brother took her home? Had she gone to work? Simple question, and there should be a simple answer- I can’t find it though!
I know it is frustrating isn't it. LE should just hand us over what they know so we can get to work, LOL.

Got this from Wikipedia concerning a Fitbit....

Surveillance[edit]
A Fitbit played a role in solving a murder.[39] Connie Dabate was murdered by her husband Richard Dabate. Initially, Richard framed the situation, telling police and law enforcement officials that an intruder had broken into their home and fatally shot his wife. However, Connie’s Fitbit tracker showed that she was at the gym at the time Richard told police his wife was shot. Using Connie’s Fitbit and analyzing her movements, analysts were able to create a timeline that proved Richard had created a false story.[40]

On March 10, 2015, a woman fabricated a story[41] in which an intruder appeared in her employer’s home she was staying at and raped her. Risley told police that a man had assaulted her around midnight. Police found a Fitbit lying on the floor when they arrived at the scene. Prosecutors used the Fitbit as evidence and data to determine what had occurred. The Fitbit revealed that the woman was active throughout the night, and the Fitbit surveillance analysis demonstrated the woman had not gone to bed like she stated to the police, proving that the woman had lied to the police.

I was just thinking. I believe her school starts on Monday or pretty soon. I know someone whose daughter goes there and she is already at school, from out of state.

I would hope that might stir up some movement in this case, with activity back at school, maybe someone will remember something Mollie said or did. I guess it could be my wishful thinking school back in session would trigger something or someone.

My friends daughter was in an overseas program the last two semesters so was not actually on the Iowa campus or I would ask her for info.

I can't keep up with these threads, so this question I have may have already been answered, but did LE say that they got an electronic ping of some sort at or around the Pig Farm?

LE denies finding a red shirt.

LE did say early on in the investigation that the fitbit pinged at the farm, but a search turned up nothing.

However, there was later contradicting info from LE that a tip led them to the farm and not the fitbit. So I'm not sure.

I don't think she made it home. I think she didn't log off her laptop before she went for her run. Does anyone have any theories as to why LE asked her mom if she was ” in a house” at 9:45 pm?

While I agree with you that she likely went missing on her run, sometime before 9:00 p.m., there is another scenario. While on her run she has a Eureka moment about her schoolwork, perhaps while listening to a lecture on her iPhone, and gets back to DJ's house 8:30ish. She sits down at the keyboard, without taking off any of her sweaty running gear or armband in her rush to bang out her epithany. 9:30ish she realizes that she still has to go by her mom's to pick-up the car and a red work shirt for the next day. She sends DJ a SC @ 9:45, and walks out the door to jog to her mom's. She is taken shortly after leaving the house, leaving her final digital footprint as she is taken South past the hog farm near Guernsey around 10:00 p.m., on the way out of town, headed towards the Southern most red dot on LE's map of areas of interest.

I think all that has been released is that the Fitbit last signaled at the Wilderness area. And if that's the case, I can certainly understand them heading further south on their grid towards the farm and its proximal inhabitants once, perhaps twice to be certain, due to the purported history of some of those inhabitants, but numerous times? That's a flag to me.

JMO.

This information has been posted here before, but here it is again:

"This is a new arena for us. That's part of the reason we called the FBI in. It's probably pretty new to them, too," Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told CNN. "I don't know of another case here in Iowa where we have used specifically Fitbit info."

When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

The red shirt that was found has nothing to do with Mollie.
There's nothing more to say about it.

I just have to jump ahead and say something about how it looks to me:
Apparently, Mollie had a three hour tel conversation w/her father right before her disappearance. That seems awfully fishy and too coincidental to me. What on earth did they talk about? I think Mollie may just have been asking for some very personal advices about her life. Something was probably ‘up’ in her life.

I think she left with someone she knew. It was probably voluntary. She felt enough security to get into a vehicle w/the perp.<modsnipped> I think she has been murdered and the perp is the only one who knows where her body lies. I could go into much more detail as to how and why I have arrived at this conclusion (always subject to change with the release of more information).

LE is merely waiting for sufficient ‘cause’ to make the arrest. The prosecuting attorney needs to have as much evidence as possible to make the charges and present the case to a jury. The evidence is incredibly ‘thin’ at this point. And you cannot arrest someone merely on’suspicion’. In my opinion, the perp is someone very well known to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree with you that she likely went missing on her run, sometime before 9:00 p.m., there is another scenario. While on her run she has a Eureka moment about her schoolwork, perhaps while listening to a lecture on her iPhone, and gets back to DJ's house 8:30ish. She sits down at the keyboard, without taking off any of her sweaty running gear or armband in her rush to bang out her epithany. 9:30ish she realizes that she still has to go by her mom's to pick-up the car and a red work shirt for the next day. She sends DJ a SC @ 9:45, and walks out the door to jog to her mom's. She is taken shortly after leaving the house, leaving her final digital footprint as she is taken South past the hog farm near Guernsey around 10:00 p.m., on the way out of town, headed towards the Southern most red dot on LE's map of areas of interest.
I don't think she would go out after dark. she would call her brother and ask.him.to pick.her up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member