Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From July 31. "Neighbor DC, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening." Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted
I suspect LE has floated several versions of what happened, dependant upon who they are interviewing, and when.

I think that's very likely. I'm still in the "opportunity" camp. I watched a documentary about how many vehicles that are pulled over on a highway have duct tape, zip-ties, doors that don't open from the inside. Opportunists are usually prepared for the possibility of encountering a lone young female.
That's scary

Let this be the end of this:

There will be no confusion about what the time of any ‘pings’ were.

Her cell phone settings will *not* matter.

Any technology company/technologist will tell you this*.

Edited for asterisk: *Unless they are amateur.

Last edited:
asfar as the homework, i assume they looked at her laptop/desktop and seen what she had been doing. perhaps the screen savor was on, and they moved the mouse or touch the key board to bring it back up. I thought first the times on her cell could have been manipulated by changing the time zone, but now i have learned from other posters that the correct time of the pings would have appeared regardless of what time was on her phone. I think it was mollie that caused those pings on her way back, to from her walk jog etc. and while going back to hte house her phone died do to the battery having no charge. but they are not sure, so they are asking anyone whom may had seen something around those ping times. was it mollie or someone else causing those pings. i think it was mollie on her way back, she got home, and sent a snapchat just time later and was still wearing her outfit she walked run in. and her cell fitbit was taking as souvenirs to relive the experience. she let the dogs out perhaps, then put them back in the basement for it was getting later and she was getting tired. Perhaps they were even causing a commotion do to something happening downstairs outside etc. so she put them in the basement earlier then she would have perhaps. she was on laptop,desktop working homework watching videos, lesiting to music whatever, but they found it still turned on to what she was doing. the bf opened the snapschat around 10 pm so she sent it before that. i say after her run walk,. and i say around 10 midnight sometime after that, someone snuck in on her, i think she was upstairs in the bedroom and took her away and took the cell and tibit with them.if not around 10 or midnight at least during the dark time.

It's been stated the dogs slept with her in the same room. I doubt she would have put them in the basement when she went to bed, especially on a night when she was there alone.

I don't do maps...is this truck stop on the route from Grinnell in any way?

I think if LE saw a suspicious vehicle we would be hearing a description...unless they really don’t want to find her...I mean it would be basic to give that much out, good grief.

They wouldn't necessarily give out the vehicle description if they knew who it belonged to but didn't have any associated suspicious activity to back up their theory. In other words, they could have a specific car/truck on video from a starting point of the truck stop, moving north to the 385 junction and taking a right, moving past the general store, and moving past the car wash - and also have some of those same cameras picking up Mollie on her run around the same time (but obviously a little ahead of the car/truck) - but have nothing specific between Mollie and the car other than Mollie's run ceasing around the same time the car/truck is seen on camera driving on through. That may be why they are pleading for eyewitnesses to come forth so that they can see if any suspicious activity can get linked to the car in order to get a warrant.

Again, this isn't something that is certain or that I am utterly convinced occurred. It just makes a good deal of sense with what they have released thus far.

JMO.

Logic suggests that Mollie didn't leave on her own, IMHO.
1. Mollie didn't have a car. If she left on her own, she'd have to walk or catch a ride with someone. There are no busses or passenger trains in Brooklyn.
2. She didn't take her contacts or glasses.
3. She was in her running clothes and no other clothes have been confirmed missing.
4. She didn't take her wallet, ID or any money. No way she could survive w/o money for a month.
5. She had a great relationship with her family. She would not put them through what they have gone through this past month. IMHO.
6. She had a loving boyfriend.
7. She had wonderful friends.
8. She was taking a summer class.
9. She was planning to return to college in the fall.
MOO.
Yet they still won't say the word "abduction".

What is that supposed to mean?

Likely something was found on the side of the road, or elsewhere, that the public thought required LE attention. Maybe a wallet or a purse, a suspicious backpack, or maybe a gold case iPhone just like MT's? It's provocative and could mean nothing, or everything, depending on what was found.

They wouldn't necessarily give out the vehicle description if they knew who it belonged to but didn't have any associated suspicious activity to back up their theory. In other words, they could have a specific car/truck on video from a starting point of the truck stop, moving north to the 385 junction and taking a right, moving past the general store, and moving past the car wash - and also have some of those same cameras picking up Mollie on her run around the same time (but obviously a little ahead of the car/truck) - but have nothing specific between Mollie and the car other than Mollie's run ceasing around the same time the car/truck is seen on camera driving on through. That may be why they are pleading for eyewitnesses to come forth so that they can see if any suspicious activity can get linked to the car in order to get a warrant.

Again, this isn't something that is certain or that I am utterly convinced occurred. It just makes a good deal of sense with what they have released thus far.

JMO.

There was a triple murder case I followed where a Ford F10 was caught on someone's camera on the night of the murders. That image was all over the newspapers within a couple of days. That photo identified the suspect.

If Brooklyn police had an image of a vehicle associated with Mollie's abduction, it would be all over the news.

The car wash is a point of interest on the map because she ran by it and the truck stop because if you're going to Brooklyn you'll probably take that exit to get up into town. I don't think LE has a suspect from either place, but want to talk to everybody possible to drum up clues. Just my opinion.

It is still classified as unsolved but what is exactly what most people in my area think happened to Brookleyn.

OT: I read her whole thread today. I'm so sorry for your community not having any sense of closure. Given her texts I think a more aggressive DA would have brought charges and tried to paint the couch fire as intentional destruction of evidence. I got the impression reading the news articles still available that they may not have filed charges because it was such a big LE mistake to leave the couch outside the defense would have made the case all about inept police work. I still think they should have tried, that poor girl.

Yet they still won't say the word "abduction".

Correct. Mollie is a "missing person". We know for a fact that she would never let her father, mother, families, friends, school, work, the children at work and everyone worry if she could go home. The fact that she is not at home means that she is missing against her will. If she is missing against her will, she was abducted/kidnapped.

There was a triple murder case I followed where a Ford F10 was caught on someone's camera on the night of the murders. That image was all over the newspapers within a couple of days. That photo identified the suspect.

If Brooklyn police had an image of a vehicle associated with Mollie's abduction, it would be all over the news.

Certainly agree, if the driver is unknown.

JMO.

Not that I necessarily believe this, but what if it was a business vehicle in question? That would put every employee and the company's rep under scrutiny.

The car wash is a point of interest on the map because she ran by it and the truck stop because if you're going to Brooklyn you'll probably take that exit to get up into town. I don't think LE has a suspect from either place, but want to talk to everybody possible to drum up clues. Just my opinion.
I agree with Otto that if Brooklyn police had an image of a vehicle associated with Mollie's abduction, it would be all over the news.
This makes me think that they might possibly have an image of Mollie passing the cameras at the car wash, so that does make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991