Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think here's one Alathea and i'm-someone, 2013.
Accidentally drove into the bayou, returning home from a party:
Drowning.
Autopsy confirms body found in bayou is missing Louisiana teacher's - CNN

The same thing happened here in Memphis a few years ago. A woman was driving home from FedEx early one morning. For whatever reason, she appears to have lost control of her car on a surface street, ran off the road and into a decorative pond and drowned. By happenstance, her car and body were found several months later. Up until that point, she was a missing person, just like MT.

At which of the locations on the police map might this have happened?

Maybe someone who lives near the dots thought they saw something that evening. The FBI is asking for any locals that were in that area from 7 to 10pm to let them know if they saw anything. It doesn't mean Mollie or the perp were even there.

We’re a month into this now and LE still hasn’t given us anything to suggest Mollie didn’t just up and leave on her own. No, I don’t think that’s probably what happened - but any speculation that something happened is at best based on what we think LE knows. Speculation based on speculation. We’re getting nowhere, but some of these crazy ideas would make a good movie.

Sure, but the five points identified by investigators are significant for a reason. Theories that involve Mollie jumping in a vehicle and hanging out with friends has to have a relevant point on the map - her Fitbit was working.
Perhaps, but why not dots at all entrances to the town then? If those dots simply indicate entrances to the town, then our theory about convergence from 385 and the truck stop is essentially reduced to one of infinite possibilities, and I don't think LE would limit the dots to those locations if they were still going on infinite possibilities. Which is why I think they chose the truck stop for a reason, and the only reason that it could be is that they view it as a specific point in this case.

JMO.

Maybe those are common entrances, and perhaps the only one that matters is point 1.
I don't do maps...is this truck stop on the route from Grinnell in any way?

I think if LE saw a suspicious vehicle we would be hearing a description...unless they really don’t want to find her...I mean it would be basic to give that much out, good grief.

The truck stop is South of Brooklyn, not the way to Grinnell.

From July 31. "Neighbor DC, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening." Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted
asfar as the homework, i assume they looked at her laptop/desktop and seen what she had been doing. perhaps the screen savor was on, and they moved the mouse or touch the key board to bring it back up. I thought first the times on her cell could have been manipulated by changing the time zone, but now i have learned from other posters that the correct time of the pings would have appeared regardless of what time was on her phone. I think it was mollie that caused those pings on her way back, to from her walk jog etc. and while going back to hte house her phone died do to the battery having no charge. but they are not sure, so they are asking anyone whom may had seen something around those ping times. was it mollie or someone else causing those pings. i think it was mollie on her way back, she got home, and sent a snapchat just time later and was still wearing her outfit she walked run in. and her cell fitbit was taking as souvenirs to relive the experience. she let the dogs out perhaps, then put them back in the basement for it was getting later and she was getting tired. Perhaps they were even causing a commotion do to something happening downstairs outside etc. so she put them in the basement earlier then she would have perhaps. she was on laptop,desktop working homework watching videos, lesiting to music whatever, but they found it still turned on to what she was doing. the bf opened the snapschat around 10 pm so she sent it before that. i say after her run walk,. and i say around 10 midnight sometime after that, someone snuck in on her, i think she was upstairs in the bedroom and took her away and took the cell and tibit with them.if not around 10 or midnight at least during the dark time.

Sure, but the five points identified by investigators are significant for a reason. Theories that involve Mollie jumping in a vehicle and hanging out with friends has to have a relevant point on the map - her Fitbit was working.

Maybe those are common entrances, and perhaps the only one that matters is point 1.

The truck stop is South of Brooklyn, not the way to Grinnell.

Well - it's not the shortest way to Grinnell - there are other routes.

asfar as the homework, i assume they looked at her laptop/desktop and seen what she had been doing. perhaps the screen savor was on, and they moved the mouse or touch the key board to bring it back up. I thought first the times on her cell could have been manipulated by changing the time zone, but now i have learned from other posters that the correct time of the pings would have appeared regardless of what time was on her phone. I think it was mollie that caused those pings on her way back, to from her walk jog etc. and while going back to hte house her phone died do to the battery having no charge. but they are not sure, so they are asking anyone whom may had seen something around those ping times. was it mollie or someone else causing those pings. i think it was mollie on her way back, she got home, and sent a snapchat just time later and was still wearing her outfit she walked run in. and her cell fitbit was taking as souvenirs to relive the experience. she let the dogs out perhaps, then put them back in the basement for it was getting later and she was getting tired. Perhaps they were even causing a commotion do to something happening downstairs outside etc. so she put them in the basement earlier then she would have perhaps. she was on laptop,desktop working homework watching videos, lesiting to music whatever, but they found it still turned on to what she was doing. the bf opened the snapschat around 10 pm so she sent it before that. i say after her run walk,. and i say around 10 midnight sometime after that, someone snuck in on her, i think she was upstairs in the bedroom and took her away and took the cell and tibit with them.if not around 10 or midnight at least during the dark time.

I believe LE has purposefully left out one or more 'locations of interest' from their published map, and there is of course the perp's direction from and path in to Brooklyn before he comes across MT. How long was he sitting in wait, or did he just happen across MT's path and made a split-second decision?

I've been leaning toward a perp who knew MT's jogging habits but now I'm wondering about the opposite. What if this was entirely a crime of opportunity, without pre-planning?

What are the odds? Long-shot, so we have this: the perp might not have pre-planned to abduct MT, but he might have pre-planned to abduct any female when the opportunity presented itself. The inclusion of the interstate exchange in LE's map convinced me. It was the in/out for the perp. The perp may have been cruising the town (at 'normal' driving speeds) before coming across MT.

I think that's very likely. I'm still in the "opportunity" camp. I watched a documentary about how many vehicles that are pulled over on a highway have duct tape, zip-ties, doors that don't open from the inside. Opportunists are usually prepared for the possibility of encountering a lone young female.

The other explanation I have repeatedly seen is kids clam up when a friend accidentally dies, to protect their own liability.

If you’re a true friend, in that situation, you will speak up and give the family closure. At least send in an anonymous tip.
RSBM. My first thought when the anonymous tip feature of the website was announced was that LE was aiming at a younger demographic. I think a high school- or college-aged person is far more likely to submit a tip electronically and anonymously than they ever would by making a phone call, let alone ye olde written letters. I'd also posit that most of them understand private browsing and/or Tor and could further anonymize themselves in order to make a tip. To me, this says LE thinks the people that know what they want to know are Mollie's peers (in the sense of an age cohort, not her literal friends, though that could be as well).

Maybe someone who lives near the dots thought they saw something that evening. The FBI is asking for any locals that were in that area from 7 to 10pm to let them know if they saw anything. It doesn't mean Mollie or the perp were even there.

Police want to hear from anyone who was in those 5 areas on July 18 between the hours of 5 - 10PM if anything is remembered. That means that those five locations are of particular interest or significance to police in relation to her disappearance.

Last edited:
bbm

Anything involving cell sites communication, wifi, non-BLE Bluetooth and GPS (and variations) eat a smartphone's battery for breakfast, lunch AND dinner.

And that's why (among other reasons) we don't yet have implantable "GPS chips" for tracking our children. How are you going to power that sucker. You can mininaturize the electronics, but batteries can only be made so small. Besides, how would you recharge It? Have the kid sleep on a charge pad?

Sorry ChuckM., just a thought triggered by what you said about battery use and some previous up-post discussion. Well said on your part. Thanks

Interesting! Searches so far have only been in point 5 area, but something of interest happened at point 4 as well.

I think LE knows who it is, I haven’t heard anything that happened at point 4, I base it on connecting dots and it’s MOO.

There is a case in my hometown, a young girl was shot and killed in a random shooting.

LE in two different precincts had two different people name the same perp for the reward, three years later the perp is in jail for another crime while her family is begging for justice, they have him and the gun that killed her but have yet to bring charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991