Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have dots at three routes entering Brooklyn, and the truck stop might simply be one of those routes.

Perhaps, but why not dots at all entrances to the town then? If those dots simply indicate entrances to the town, then our theory about convergence from 385 and the truck stop is essentially reduced to one of infinite possibilities, and I don't think LE would limit the dots to those locations if they were still going on infinite possibilities. Which is why I think they chose the truck stop for a reason, and the only reason that it could be is that they view it as a specific point in this case.

JMO.

im not sure she didn't just walk off. I am less and less thinking this as time goes.... but at the risk of sounding crazy am I the only one that has had a horrific day come home and just for a moment thought I don't have to do this...I could just go put my purse and shoes in the house and toss my phone and drive off into the sun set? obviously there is more complications to this to actualy do it though.

If LE has a list of POIs, they may know some but not all of their movements that evening.

Maybe they can place 1 of them near the car wash, but not the farm or they can place them near the truck stop, but not on Mollie’s jogging route.

They can place them through any number of things:

Through the suspect’s phone’s GPS/ping
Through eyewitness accounts from police interviews with community members
Through video footage from security cameras
Through their credit card or debit card activity
Through their time card punch out time at their workplace
Through a tip called in
Through their social media activity
Through their semi truck logs at a weigh station or GPS in semi
(Add others?)

Now they ask the public for anything they observed at a second location where they cannot confirm the POI went to, even though they suspect he did.
They can dump the cell towers serving Brooklyn and get the phone numbers of everyone in the area during the time frame of interest. I would be surprised if they have not already done so. I posted this link recently:
Police Use "Tower Dumps" To Collect Cell Phone Data Without A Warrant

I don't do maps...is this truck stop on the route from Grinnell in any way?

I think if LE saw a suspicious vehicle we would be hearing a description...unless they really don’t want to find her...I mean it would be basic to give that much out, good grief.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I mean cases where a 3rd party kills someone accidentally (with no criminal intent) and covers it up. The only cases like that I can think of were really felony murder, not an accident. Felony murder can be charged when someone dies during the commission of a felony. So if the victim dies during an armed robbery or a rape, it can be charged as murder even if the person did not intentionally kill anyone.

It is still classified as unsolved but what is exactly what most people in my area think happened to Brookleyn.

what if he's an electric company employee in town from the corporate or regional office doing business at that branch, and sees her as he's leaving the facility headed back to the motel?
I would put that on the less-likely list for a couple of reasons. #1, An executive-type doesn't fit the profile of the abductor for me (in this case, not that it couldn't in others), and #2, taking her to a motel would be too much of a risk. JMO

That's what this should reflect:
  1. truck stop
  2. car wash
  3. hwy 385 (near Mollie's house-sit) and W. Pershing Dr
  4. 385 ave East out of the city
  5. Guernsey area

I believe LE has purposefully left out one or more 'locations of interest' from their published map, and there is of course the perp's direction from and path in to Brooklyn before he comes across MT. How long was he sitting in wait, or did he just happen across MT's path and made a split-second decision?

I've been leaning toward a perp who knew MT's jogging habits but now I'm wondering about the opposite. What if this was entirely a crime of opportunity, without pre-planning?

What are the odds? Long-shot, so we have this: the perp might not have pre-planned to abduct MT, but he might have pre-planned to abduct any female when the opportunity presented itself. The inclusion of the interstate exchange in LE's map convinced me. It was the in/out for the perp. The perp may have been cruising the town (at 'normal' driving speeds) before coming across MT.

I believe LE has purposefully left out one or more 'locations of interest' from their published map, and there is of course the perp's direction from and path in to Brooklyn before he comes across MT. How long was he sitting in wait, or did he just happen across MT's path and made a split-second decision?

I've been leaning toward a perp who knew MT's jogging habits but now I'm wondering about the opposite. What if this was entirely a crime of opportunity, without pre-planning?

What are the odds? Long-shot, so we have this: the perp might not have pre-planned to abduct MT, but he might have pre-planned to abduct any female when the opportunity presented itself. The inclusion of the interstate exchange in LE's map convinced me. It was the in/out for the perp. The perp may have been cruising the town (at 'normal' driving speeds) before coming across MT.
Either way the perp knew the isolated back roads.

I would put that on the less-likely list for a couple of reasons. #1, An executive-type doesn't fit the profile of the abductor for me (in this case, not that it couldn't in others), and #2, taking her to a motel would be too much of a risk. JMO

I was thinking maintenance, OSHA or I.T. (the ones who do wiring, etc) not really suit and tie, and heading back to the motel because he was done working for the day, when he saw her, grabbed her, disposed of her body and then went to the motel afterward.

Either way the perp knew the isolated back roads.

No doubt, but then again, the Brooklyn street layout is not so complicated. A few turns here, there and again and I imagine a someone would know their way around, especially a someone who is used to observing...

Car wash, truck stops, back roads and highways. I noticed on the ride through videos there were semis parked here and there. In the farming towns I've lived in several men drove their own big rigs. Now I'm wondering if this could bear any relation to Mollie.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members