Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's why (among other reasons) we don't yet have implantable "GPS chips" for tracking our children. How are you going to power that sucker. You can mininaturize the electronics, but batteries can only be made so small. Besides, how would you recharge It? Have the kid sleep on a charge pad?

Sorry ChuckM., just a thought triggered by what you said about battery use and some previous up-post discussion. Well said on your part. Thanks
The science may not be quite there yet, but I read an article suggesting that medical implants might one day be powered by our own bodies, since our bodies rely on electric impulses and other forms of energy to function. They're already doing testing on animals.

The science may not be quite there yet, but I read an article suggesting that medical implants might one day be powered by our own bodies, since our bodies rely on electric impulses and other forms of energy to function. They're already doing testing on animals.

Where?

We aren’t Union. I actually have very few that are part of the Union for a couple of reasons - they expect higher wages due to the Union structure of payment and adding benefits into their hourly rate and they typically bail off of my projects if the Union calls them back for work. I would say that 98% of my employees are not part of the Union. I personally have majority of guys that are on the road but I’m the exception to the rule because of my position. All of the local offices have local field employees. There’s a local client near me in Wichita that has worked for the same electrical company for 2+ years. Why they don’t just hire them on and save money is beyond me but it does happen. I’m not implicating that it is one certain person as I have no idea who the employees are. I just personally think it would be easy to know what’s happening right next door on a day to day basis. Look at BTK/Dennis Rader in Park City, KS. He flew under the radar for 30+ years fooling all of Wichita and his family being the head of his church even. Praying Mollie is found soon. Just was another thought.
Just adding one last thought. You’d be surprised at the amount of our clients that win bids for big jobs, like the wind farm, etc that are supposed to only use “their” electricians on certain sites - they tell our guys to just tell them they work for whatever their company is so no one knows. It’s how they fly under the radar as well. By using us they don’t have to take on the burden of workman’s comp, benefits, insurance because we handle all of that.

We aren’t Union. I actually have very few that are part of the Union for a couple of reasons - they expect higher wages due to the Union structure of payment and adding benefits into their hourly rate and they typically bail off of my projects if the Union calls them back for work. I would say that 98% of my employees are not part of the Union. I personally have majority of guys that are on the road but I’m the exception to the rule because of my position. All of the local offices have local field employees. There’s a local client near me in Wichita that has worked for the same electrical company for 2+ years. Why they don’t just hire them on and save money is beyond me but it does happen. I’m not implicating that it is one certain person as I have no idea who the employees are. I just personally think it would be easy to know what’s happening right next door on a day to day basis. Look at BTK/Dennis Rader in Park City, KS. He flew under the radar for 30+ years fooling all of Wichita and his family being the head of his church even. Praying Mollie is found soon. Just was another thought.
Do you think someone like TIP or its parent company would go with non union workers like you source at your company say to work on a special project or if there was some kind of natural disaster or huge outage or to possibly be a temp because they can't find enough skilled labor in their region? I know when there are natural disasters in my local area that we see line workers from all over the country and the local utilities bring in workers from whereever they can get them. But from what you described it also seems like companies hire your people as 'almost permanent' workers even though they are technically classified as temps?

Do you think someone like TIP or its parent company would go with non union workers like you source at your company say to work on a special project or if there was some kind of natural disaster or huge outage or to possibly be a temp because they can't find enough skilled labor in their region? I know when there are natural disasters in my local area that we see line workers from all over the country and the local utilities bring in workers from whereever they can get them. But from what you described it also seems like companies hire your people as 'almost permanent' workers even though they are technically classified as temps?
Yes, absolutely. That’s why our clients now use us. They don’t have to hire a bunch of guys for projects and then do layoff’s. We are usually used because companies don’t have the Recruiting power we do, time or haven’t had luck or familiar with wages, options, etc of where the work is located. If you’re not used to hiring remote it can be tricky. So glad you mentioned this!

I actually have solar guys at that wind farm. Lol. Have lineman in IA but not here. They are on another site that is a bit away. I would actually say a good chunk of my guys are in IA right now. To put it in perspective the office in Des Moines probably has close to 300 employees out right now through IA, SD and many other states. They aren’t all travelers. A lot are local to the job site. Clients would prefer to not pay per diem if possible. I spend too much time on WS. Now I’m Paranoid Pete about my guys. Haha
I think you are smart to be aware as much as possible about who you are dealing with. We've been trying to connect dots to figure out how someone can vanish into thin air like MT. Without much information from LE its been rough going to say the least. But not to cast stones at your skilled workers as I am sure most are decent hardworking people trying to support themselves and their families, it would be easy for someone to be a temp worker and just float around on the road going from job to job. I would think they would just blend into the background in most of the towns and not get a second glance from most of the locals. I also would think if they are away from home they would be lonely and this might lead to activities that might be out of the ordinary. Speculation sure, but could be possible. Thanks again for your posts. So interesting to see how these construction jobs fill out their work forces.

There is a pacemaker design like that and I think it may already be in use.

Batteryless cardiac pacemaker is based on automatic wristwatch

There is also collaboration between bio-electrical engineers and neuroscientists at Duke University who are weaving wires into nerves so that prosthetics can respond to thought of motion.

I read it first here, a while ago.

It's not wild speculation. If you have an alternate suggestion, I'm happy to map it for comparison.

There is a red dot 10 miles SE of Brooklyn. A ping occurred 10 miles SE of Brooklyn.
I wonder if there is a connection.
It seems like if the data point overlap that the chance of a connection is good. Sadly we just don't know. This is out of left field but I wonder if MT met someone to grab a meal at the truck stop? Not sure if locals go to the truck stop but given the lack of local eating options maybe its an idea? Does this seem likely to anyone?

At the last press conference many were upset because they felt minuscule information had been released. My thoughts at the time were that the points on the map opened up a lot of possibilities for in depth discussion. Tonight's discussion reasoning through those possibilities has shown great team work and effort. Thanks everyone for being here for Mollie.

snooze-boat-smiley.gif

Morning all. Lots of thinking.

DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON POSSIBLE ROUTE:

Per otto’s awesome map:

1 truck stop

2 car wash

3 hwy 385 (near Mollie's house-sit) and W. Pershing Dr

4 385 ave East out of the city

5 Guernsey area

I think differently.
  1. House sit (known location)
  2. Car wash/moms house (potentially sighted)
  3. Area east of Brooklyn near I6 (this to me is the least discussed area on this thread. Why is this point on the map?)
  4. Southern most dot (straight line from previous)
  5. Truck stop (leaving town).

If both 3 and 4 (per above) are as rural as they look, it’s an escape route and likely LE has her digital signatures here.

Maybe truck stop is on there because of cameras to see who was leaving town not who was coming in to town.

Have we considered that she was picked up at 2, something happened at point 3 (per above)—4 is back road—on the way to leaving town and dumping electronics or finally turning them off and 5 is leaving with her possibly concealed in the vehicle? There would have been a lot of places that he could have incapacitated her and hid her between my points 3 and 4. It does help the theory that she got a ride with someone she knew (at 2) and then it turned bad (at 3 or between 3 and 4). If she’s not in town- the public is no longer at risk, “per se” (meaning in Brooklyn).

Perhaps LE Is looking at cars that were by the cameras in town (by the car wash) and then left town later in the evening. The reverse of what has been discussed previously.

quick question. the times of those pings, were not released is that correct. i have been examining the maps from the LEOs site and maps here. the 5pm to 10 pme is interesting. bf opened sc at around 10pm. Just want to know if the exact times of those pings were released. I agree with the poster above those two southern red dots on 80 and towards the pf were exit pings, on the way out of town.

quick question. the times of those pings, were not released is that correct. i have been examining the maps from the LEOs site and maps here. the 5pm to 10 pme is interesting. bf opened sc at around 10pm. Just want to know if the exact times of those pings were released. I agree with the poster above those two southern red dots on 80 and towards the pf were exit pings, on the way out of town.

LE has released virtually no specific times for anything they may have. They seem confident of their timeline, but are telling us very little about it, as I would expect.

I think differently.
  1. House sit (known location)
  2. Car wash/moms house (potentially sighted)
  3. Area east of Brooklyn near I6 (this to me is the least discussed area on this thread. Why is this point on the map?)
  4. Southern most dot (straight line from previous)
  5. Truck stop (leaving town).
I think that makes sense if you have an out-of-town person, who was perhaps just sort of wandering back roads, hunting, and who MAYBE lives North of I-80. I would see Area 3 as where Mollie is, Area 4 as where a savvy person might have dumped electronics (or turned them off) as a slight means of mis-leading authorities, then wandering back north toward home and the Interstate on dark unknown roads. He would not have known the area well enough to realize he had hit the same truck stop as the exit to Brooklyn. I would guess he didn't even suspect he might also be on camera in Brooklyn. I can see it for an out-of-towner.

Last edited:

Correct. Only the general 5-10 pm timeframe has been released.

LE has released virtually no specific times for anything they may have. They seem confident of their timeline, but are telling us very little about it, as I would expect.
that would explain the times. 5pm to 10pm. the red dots on top seem normal, but the two southern dots seem out of place. they could have occurred much later, and perhaps those two pings occurred closer to the 10pm mark instead of earlier in the evening. Thank you for your response.

I really hope that all individuals who were anywhere near any of the dots between 5 and 10 that day really understand the importance of contacting LE. Every brain needs to be picked, every fact checked, double checked, and triple checked. Do you think everyone has called in?

Hi folks I'm new here so please be gentle.
I know many of you here are aware of Mollie's pinned tweet on twitter.
This is where Mollie says she was in the libary and approached by a Cop and mistaken for a missing child on 15th November 2017.
What I got from this was a possible idea being seeded with someone in Mollie's social media circle or someone that visited her page.
I know it's a long shot but if I was checking back on messages and people who visited her page I think that day the 15th November 2017 would be a good starting point.
Like all of you I sure hope and pray that L E get a break and can bring Mollie home.

The more I think about this case, the more I am inclined to believe that the person responsible for Mollie's disappearance is either a younger person/ student, who she may or may not be acquainted with from her college, or a young to middle aged, unemployed person who lives within close proximity to, and is very familiar with Brooklyn area. This person may or may not be acquainted with Mollie. I no longer really believe it is someone who has scheduled business in Brooklyn that would place them there on Wednesdays. Wednesday just seems like such an unlikely day for someone gainfully employed to commit such a crime. Yeah, I know not everyone works Mon-Fri, but still, to me, this seems like something that is more likely to occur on a Friday night or Saturday night when more people tend to be out, and out later, socializing, drinking, etc. I may be wrong about every bit of this, and probably am, but this is where my head is at the moment. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator