Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that would explain the times. 5pm to 10pm. the red dots on top seem normal, but the two southern dots seem out of place. they could have occurred much later, and perhaps those two pings occurred closer to the 10pm mark instead of earlier in the evening. Thank you for your response.
looks like they took 220 /21 south to f45 went to f46 past the pf/ or the 220/21 to 430th over two 225 and heading south past the pf. from there they continued on 450 or 230 ........230 seems more of a direct route out from the pf area. but 235 continues on past 460th. so perhaps from 230 to 450 over to 235 then south past 460 and continued on 235. if not already i would search that area between 470 and 480 on 235..........about half way down on the right using google maps from 2018 their is line of trees on the right. I would look there for something.

Last edited:
Had a thought on Wednesday activities. Was recently visiting family in rural Michigan and the gals up there all go play "Bunco" on Wednesday nights at alternating ladies' homes. I'm not even sure honestly but I think it's a dice game. They go for a few hours and someone buys prizes and food each week and they have a get together. Keeps them away from home for several hours on Wed or every other Wed (seems like it was about 6p-10p on average). Just thinking something like this would be an opportunity for a hubby or partner to have a window to sneak out. Maybe there is something similar in the area.

Okay, perhaps my bonnet's on too tight now, but I felt a need to at least explore an alternate route that begins at dot 4. Mind you, this is not my top theory, but I thought I'd share nonetheless.

1. Electric company worker is working (or pretending to work) near dot 4. There are electric poles around that section. He could be logged there as assigned, or witnessed there, etc. This part is open-ended for me.

2. He drives the company vehicle back to the co-op and waits in his personal vehicle until he sees MT running home. He's maybe the last one to leave the office that day (working late, etc.). He knows the camera is non-operational and he knows MT's schedule because it's right next door. Also he would notice she's alone.

3. He grabs her in front of the co-op and heads down West St. to W. Pershing (the most populated part of this scenario).

4. He turns down Orchard St. because it is the straightest, least populated shot to W. 2nd St., which can take him all the way to V18 (Clay St). From there he turns south. *This takes him past Casey's AND the car wash.

5. He drives past the truck stop and continues south on V18, which curves at 420, which he takes to V21 and turns south. One miles takes him to dot 5 on the map.

This scenerio leaves too many questions, because I think they would know who the perp is, but maybe a few shots of his vehicle on the way out of town isn't concrete enough? Then he showed up to work the next day like normal.

All MOO - and just barely

Attachments

• MT1.PNG
    MT1.PNG
    183.4 KB · Views: 59
  • MT2.PNG
    MT2.PNG
    44 KB · Views: 53
  • MT3.PNG
    MT3.PNG
    142.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
those seem normal and a probable. things seem normal with those dots there. its those two southern dotes from the LEOS that seem way of place to me. And could have occurred more towards the 10 pm mark since no times of the pings were released they mentioned but just guessing on that. But i am almost sure they went past that PF. That may have been the last time her ping was recorded at that spot. But they continued on in their travel and did not stop at the PF.

Mollie Tibbetts Case Map - Google My Maps i would search here for something if they have not already. between 470 and 480 on 235

Last edited:
I’d like to try to think of any innocent/neutral reasons that Mollie might have gone to the locations that have been discussed throughout this case—the pig farm, the forest reserve (is that what it’s called), the car wash, the truck stop. Meaning have we fully explored any reasons MT might have gone to 1 of these places willingly, but something happened that prevented her from coming back?

Did she ever go to any of these places to run nearby trails?

Did she have former high school classmates or family members that worked at any of these places?

Did she know any of the owners or operators?

Any other ideas?

Then, secondly, how could a perp—if 1 is involved—benefit from being at those places, even if MT wasn’t ever there?

Was he scouting the area? Looking for an opportunity? Waiting? Using it as a cover for an assault? As part of a getaway route?

48275BE2-6151-463F-9969-B661E0DB507D.jpeg

I’m so sorry we have reached the one month mark and there is still no sign of Mollie. I really hope law enforcement get the break they need ASAP. Mollie and her family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please share this flyer if you can on your social media. Thank you for being here every day and for caring about Mollie and her family.

I miss one day of WS and I am a thread and a half behind. WOW. I guess there have been no new developments except that Mr. Tibbetts has returned to Cali? Maybe next week will be the week that Mollie will be found (hopefully alive). I sure hope so.

I had to skip ahead from the last thread where TIP Electric Coop was discussed as I feel like I can never get caught up with the speed of this thread at times. I think it was kkdj that mentioned the amount of work in IA or something to that effect. Sorry if I don’t have the correct person or if this has already been mentioned. I’ve been quiet in most pages ever since I was involved with Lucas Hernandez as it was local to me and pulled on every last one of my heart strings. However, this was mentioned and something that I actually have knowledge in. Is there a Verified Construction Insider? Only kidding. Lol.

To answer the question if there is lots of construction work in IA - there’s more than you can imagine. I am a Recruiter for a construction staffing company over the Midwest Area and I can’t hire employees fast enough. Just on Friday I hired and have 22 new guys that are all headed either to IA or SD for work starting Monday. Electricians and Millwrights mainly at the moment. Which made me start thinking a couple of different things. T.I.P Electric Coop is connected to other towns within what I could find on the website as District 2. Off the top of my head I can’t remember all of the locations that are covered in District 2 outside of Brooklyn and Grundy but have listed the other locations that are part of District 2. Bare with me. I promise that I am getting to my point...

DISTRICTS & BOARD | Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives

Central Iowa Power Cooperative
Consumers Energy
East-Central Iowa Rural Electric Cooperative
Grundy County Rural Electric Cooperative
Linn County Rural Electric Cooperative
T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative

A couple of the main things that made me start thinking are as follows:

1. It would not be odd to have employees go from site to site and kind of float around depending on the needs/amount of work in different locations. It could be that T.I.P Rural Electric in Brooklyn is “home base”. If that’s the case then an employee could have to go back, drop off the work van, time cards, clock out, etc. Electricians if working direct for a company have pretty set schedules. So say that normal end time for the day is 6-6:30 but working 45 min or so outside of Brooklyn that puts them back in town around 7:15ish. They would need to possibly have the van/truck checked for supplies, restock for the next day, turn in time, etc. Probably would be done at 7:30-7:45 or so daily. If that was the “normal” time that Mollie went for her run being right next to DJ’s house it would be easy to know her routine. They wouldn’t need access to the exterior cameras. After a pretty short time they would know that is when she typically runs. They could even get to know a person or at least make them seem familiar enough to say hi, maybe throw up a familiar wave, get to know someone by first name. They also would be able to tell when the others who live in the house are traveling. Once establishing the ability to make small talk perhaps. “Hey Mollie. How’s your summer? Any vacations coming up? Oh, everyone is gone getting some work done before the big trip to the Dominican? Stuck with the dogs again? When are they all coming back?” This person could have become obsessed with her during this period of time. When being kind and saying hi or throwing up a quick wave as she jogs off he could have thought she was into him. Created a fantasy of them running away and being together. These guys work a lot. Trust me. Some days I feel like Dr Phil when they call to chat.

2. Not all construction laborers have past criminal history but over the last year being in my position I have found that a lot do. A lot. Sometimes after being in prison going into a specialty trade is their only option if they can’t find work. Please understand that I am not saying ALL by any means. I have some with and some without prior criminal history. We don’t run full background checks at the time of employment. It usually comes up when you are working with bigger clients and they require it on their end. Some check only 5 years prior and some are 7 or 10. Just depends. Stuff still gets missed though and honestly maybe he never has gotten caught and doesn’t have a record. We don’t know.

My point is someone working at the Coop could easily establish a routine with Mollie. Depending on how long he has been there, if he is even local - could be a traveler and not originally from Brooklyn but working a longer duration getting per diem. In a town like Brooklyn I’d think that you’d know plenty of people and the ins and outs of the town. Most of my guys right now are road warriors. I have 125+ currently working and 90% are on the road. It’s where they make money.

Not gonna lie - I have had employees get weird on me before and not in the same state claiming they were going to come to KS to take me to dinner or wanting me to send a pic of myself so they could put a name to a face or looking me up on SM to the point that I was looking over my shoulder after comments were made and kind of freaked me out. Some I have terminated because they became obsessed and wouldn’t leave me alone. They’re lonely.

Sorry this is so long. IMO there is a ton of work going on in IA and surrounding states that it should be looked at. Des Moines isn’t far from Brooklyn and it is one of our busiest offices out of 180+ over the US. They are so busy with work, hard to get all of it filled. End of rant. Construction just happens to be an area that I actually know. Haha. And now thanks to cases like this it makes me wonder about all of my employees...
This is a very, very likely scenario imo. And as a woman, esp. when younger, there were many instances where if I just smiled in passing a guy would believe he had a whole relationship with me. This happ once with a cop when I was doing security. I had to quit. I'm just looking at proximity, tied with opportunity, motive, means. I really do think this is the most realistic scenario so far. I wonder which vehicle he was in. An official-looking one or his own. I assume his own? Excellent post, @RMT953 edit: I sense LE would have broken a local's pat story by now (local being in her inner to outer Brooklyn circle).

"You can actually overlay the location data with the real world to find out what exactly happened," Thomas Yohannan, an expert on data recovery. "You are essentially trying to find a witness to the events that happened leading up to her missing person."

and

"Law enforcement seek so-called tower dumps to try to identify a suspect in a crime, compelling tower operators to provide the phone numbers of all devices that connected to a specific tower during a given period of time."

and

"As state and federal investigators chase down more than 1,500 leads in the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts, officials are asking anyone who may have been in one of five areas in her hometown the night she vanished to come forward."

So, I'm thinking that the dots are areas where LE got location data from the cell tower dump. They can rule out most locals that have reason to be there. But they still have cell numbers they can't identify. It doesn't mean Mollie was ever at those places, but someone was and they don't know who. And it doesn't mean the same phone number was at all the dots. MOO

Investigators turn to Fitbit data for clues about missing Iowa college student
Iowa investigators searching for Mollie Tibbetts ask anyone in these 5 areas the night she vanished to contact them
Verizon reports spike in government requests for cell 'tower dumps'

I realize this information was early in the process but there is something 'raw' about these early statements that seems a bit more real and honest versus after the period when DCI/FBI entered the process and the information released to the public was managed and statements vague. My sense is Mom was in shock and denial in these early interviews and while some of the information she shares seems contradictory, my suspicion is that there is more than a grain of truth in her collective statements to help us understand the chaos of the first 48-72 hrs of this case.
JoJoJo yes, early reports before the sanitized damage control sets in. First reports before the backtrack. I always thought she made it back to DJs, then it went south from DJs location. Of course, we know rumors also flower in first reports, too. We see this a lot in the news accounts of natural disasters. SF earthquake 1989, wow I was there for those rumors.

what if cctv or witness seen a company truck, car, van, something that there are several alike of and they just need to know who was in that EXACT truck? some companies have gps on their trucks for insurance reasons. it could show the path of a truck and likely be known who was driving that truck but maybe they need real eyes and people to confirm who they might have seen, more than just xyz company logo or name. what if truck didn't have gps and xyz company truck, car, van, etc. was seen so they have a more narrow idea but still need to know what person was in truck. maybe MT was alert and understood what was happening and hid her phone, like crammed it down in the seat and it tracked until it went dead. I am like another poster, I don't do maps, I just cant wrap my head around maps well enough.

edit: hid phone as in to leave evidence if she couldn't do anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member