Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t it be wise to take a portion of the reward money to hire pi’s or world renown psychics? It wouldn’t hurt imo

Depends on the terms under which the individual donations were made. I wouldn’t think a psychic would be advisable. And David Marshburn yes.

SPECULATION

If LE wanted to make it appear the case was ramping down a bit, and some relevant folks returning to 'live their lives' as it were, might a perp perceive that as he's getting away with it and as a result inadvertently drop his guard?

Curious. “Drop his guard” and do what differently?

Google maps shows that on the northeast corner of 200th and Hwy 6 (just north of red dot 4 and Big Bear Creek) is a T.I.P. substation (is that what it's called?). This could be a factor in the theory I posted this morning that an electric worker was in that area prior to MT's disappearance and that dot 4 could actually be the starting point on the map instead of the truck stop (back on page 3).

Again, maybe not the most plausible theory in my opinion, but still taking a look. Trying to keep an open mind.

MOO

Thanks. That is a baby sub-station! I've seen bigger in city people's backyard, in the right-of-way between lots! Could be a place to bury a body with an auger truck (1.5 x 8 foot deep hole) in surrounding area. Linesmen have access to such great toys! Also, when was the last time you stopped to ask a linecrew why they were doing what they were doing 24/7?

I know there’s some locals here on the thread. Does anyone know how many kids graduated in Mollie’s class and what % went away (in state or out of state) to college? With the time frame and classes getting ready to start it would be easy for someone to just continue on with life. Can’t imagine it’s a large amount and I’m sure LE/FBI have looked at this.
Not a local but I will help with some estimates. I grew up in a town of 1,100-1,200 and graduating classes were around 70.

My guess would be about half of us, give or take a little, went to some sort of college (local and community ones included) after graduating.

My kids are growing up in a different nearby town of about the same size but their school has 100ish per grade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there’s some locals here on the thread. Does anyone know how many kids graduated in Mollie’s class and what % went away (in state or out of state) to college? With the time frame and classes getting ready to start it would be easy for someone to just continue on with life. Can’t imagine it’s a large amount and I’m sure LE/FBI have looked at this.
There are 257 students grades 7-12. Explore Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Junior/Senior High School graduating classes are tiny.

I never assumed her character. I am still just going by what we have definitely been told. And I have not seen one single interview where her strength of mind, character and intelligence was not mentioned. My point was people with lesser resources than that have made it through horrible things and rebounded from them, and she is in a good position to do so if she is alive. No matter what the circumstances. I am not sure why everyone is misinterpreting my meaning. I am just speculating like everyone else here.
One more time and that's all I'm going to say about it. I was referring to the statement that since she has a background in psychology and a strong support system she can get out of this situation. I simply said that some things are OUT OF OUR control no matter how strong we are. I just think it is a little misleading to say that these qualities will ensure her safety. It would be wonderful if she can use these qualities to get out of a horrible situation, I dont disagree with that. I don't think everyone misunderstands your point, but instead they are expressing their opinion in RESPONSE, to you. That's all.

Anyone want to speculate about whether LE has those red dots (especially dot 4 and 5) under surveillance? Have any of our locals noticed an overt presence by LE or others? Any drones or game cams in the area now that might suggest a covert attempt? Obviously, "covert" implies no one should notice, but ya never know! IMO MOO
Highly possible especially if they believe a crime occurred there. The saying that "criminals return to the scene of a crime" happens way more often than we realize. I lived a block away from a crime scene once, and kid you not, stood 5 feet away from the murderer, who was actually captured on a news camera during a live update.

I would say yes, they have some type of surveillance going on. Whether it be cameras, frequent drive bys, asking people who work at such places to report back any strange activity, and so on.

I’m suggesting the prostitutes are a not completely satisfying substitution until they can build up for the kill. This guy probably loves to hunt too, and enjoys watching animals suffer. Maybe even mutilates them.

Sorry for those of you who find this upsetting. It is. But my little amateur profiling is developing a more clear amateur pic of who I think this is.

Amateur opinion and speculation, as always.
I’d like to add another element to my amateur profile.

I’d be interested in knowing if any guy in Mollie’s immediate or extended circle has a father that has been arrested for a sex crime or domestic violence. The thought here is “bad seed”, “acorn doesn’t fall from the tree”, etc.

Boy I’m on a roll today!
Thinking hard about any little nugget to bring this lovely gal home.

I also sit here and say to myself how in the hell can her father go back home! I have two children and I would do whatever it took to find them. I would pull off anything and everything I could to find them.
Should he never return to work, or his new wife or other responsibilities? After how long would it be ok to go home?

Curious. “Drop his guard” and do what differently?
I don’t know what they meant, but 1 thing that comes to mind...if someone thought the heat was dying down and no 1 was watching, they might return to the scene of the crime or the site where they disposed of a body in order to try to button it up tighter and make sure there’s no evidence trail left behind.

I’m suggesting the prostitutes are a not completely satisfying substitution until they can build up for the kill. This guy probably loves to hunt too, and enjoys watching animals suffer. Maybe even mutilates them.

Sorry for those of you who find this upsetting. It is. But my little amateur profiling is developing a more clear amateur pic of who I think this is.

Amateur opinion and speculation, as always.

Hello all, Purely based on coincidence I have to ask the question I was thinking about. What if there was a female involved in the disappearance? You all probably won’t give me as much of a glance but as soon as I thought “what’s to rule out the role of a female? Why does every post say “he” or “him” regarding the alleged abductor?” -I was at the store and kept thinking it is a possibility. It’s INCREDIBLY unlikely but it was strange that 5 or so minutes later I saw posts mentioning this commonly known occurrence of workers at a truck stop, which I’m guessing is mostly a female group of sex workers, and I have sympathy for the ones that feel they have no choice, but what is their primary objective? Money, if I had to answer that myself. I deal with public records day in and day out, and I’ll never consider ‘illegal’ or legal prostitution indicative of someone being a bad person. I think they are lost and just need help, and I wanted to point that out. MOO and just adding a possibility. Thank you for reading.

Also thank you Roses and others who I couldn’t figure how out to quote! ❤️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members