Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What made me finally go take a class & get a gun permit in Iowa was the amount of sheer, unmitigated middle-aged male road rage at me on my bike. I have stories. Many stories. Outrageous anger. No other state I've lived in did I experience that kind of male rage at me, whether on my bike or in a car. I was out on the streets on my bike in Iowa, too, not a car.
I don’t blame you. The psychology involved in a road rage crime is different from that of a sexually motivated offender though. People commit all sorts of crimes regardless of age, but on the whole, a crime like what this appears to be, is going to be committed by a guy who would generally have an understanding of the technological implications in play, specifically Mollie’s cell phone. This is because he is more likely be in his 20s, 30s, and a bit less likely, 40s.

If they had some triangulation data than possibly. Effectively you'd have a maximum range, but no theoretical minimum range (but a practical one.) This is something that probably could be measured in the field if they had an idea about where the last transmission from her cell phone was. Remember if the phone was on until a certain time, there's going to be some cell tower records indicating movement.

Big note, I am not in the cellular industry, but I've learned a bunch about it as a result of a few MP cases. Also have radio knowledge thanks to a license.
Thanks Paul. This emphasizes we need some “ping forensics” with help from the cellular provider. IMO, the ping info should only be considered directional, and could easily be miles away from where she was. Thus, we shouldn’t hang our hats on that data.

Thanks Paul. This emphasizes we need some “ping forensics” with help from the cellular provider. IMO, the ping info should only be considered directional, and could easily be miles away from where she was. Thus, we shouldn’t hang our hats on that data.

Rest assured that LE and the cell companies know all of this. I'm not posting anything that they aren't reading and saying "yeah we were doing that twenty years ago."

Although to be clear, I don't think SharonNeedles was being disrespectful. I don't think I've seen him do anything like that since I've been reading these threads.
I think I missed something, but no I certainly mean no disrespect to the family. I don’t think I’ve ever felt empathy as strongly as I did when I saw Mr. Tibbetts in person.

I don’t blame you. The psychology involved in a road rage crime is different from that of a sexually motivated offender though. People commit all sorts of crimes regardless of age, but on the whole, a crime like what this appears to be, is going to be committed by a guy who would generally have an understanding of the technological implications in play, specifically Mollie’s cell phone.
Statistically, I agree with you like always... we can't know if our various profiles/theories are right, until we know. Because of what I experienced so many darn times, I can see some older guy just losing it because he perceived something she did or did not do as impinging on his power to move down the street. Not victim blaming. You can be following the rules 100% & some folks will still go off on you when you're biking or jogging for no reason whatsoever. But yeah, your profile is a far more likely one.

Well crap, hwy 21 meets up with old hwy 6, which then meets up with 385 just SE of that dot! In that general area you have Big Bear Creek, several ponds, and a giant stand of trees.
That's exactly why I asked where Big Bear Creek was, as I couldn't locate everything on the maps. About how long would that route take? How many miles?

Statistically, I agree with you like always... we can't know if our various profiles/theories are right, until we know. Because of what I experienced so many darn times, I can see some older guy just losing it because he perceived something she did or did not do as impinging on his power to move down the street. Not victim blaming. You can be following the rules 100% & some folks will still go off on you when you're biking or jogging for no reason whatsoever. But yeah, your profile is a far more likely one.
That’s the beauty of personal experience, especially if it doesn’t jibe with statistics. It allows you to think more outside the box. I like to focus on what is likely to be true, but it’s always important to keep an open mind.

Oh my god, the speculation about the raincoat tweet is crazy.

It was discussed in the last thread, and dismissed. Let it go, people. It's not that deep.
Calm down and if you don't have patience, move on rather than taking time to be condescending. I'm assuming many people here have lives and may not have time or energy to read every thread thoroughly or may not even remember what's been dismissed among the many often repeated discussions. So, if someone wants to respond to their post, so be it. Also assuming most here are not professional detectives, will not actually help to solve this case, but are expending mental and emotional energy because they genuinely care. The object is to keep interest alive,(not turn people away and dissuade them from posting). That is the least that people can do to help that might keep pressure on LE to try their hardest.

That's exactly why I asked where Big Bear Creek was, as I couldn't locate everything on the maps. About how long would that route take? How many miles?
Like 3 or 4 miles from hwy 21 to V21 dot via old hwy 6... am I reading that right?

Yes, the supposed ping at the hog farms and WC's turned up empty. Or maybe those searches were from a tip and not a ping. idk

I’ve racked my brain for a solid 72 on what in the world happened to Mollie Tibbetts. Still back at square 1 with nada. Last night I decided to do a little poking around on the Internet based off of a couple different theories. None of them are cut and dry and have enough holes to be Swiss cheese but trying to look at things from different angles. Some I have already mentioned. I’ll bring over from the last thread.

1. People do go for a walk/run and just vanish. I went to Namus and did a search for women 18-28 who have left for a walk/run and disappeared for the last 15 years in the Midwest area and there’s a lot. Most are still missing or bodies have been recovered but the killer has not been caught. Do I personally think this is the work of a SK, I don’t but honestly you never know. Picture below without names for reference. I’m sure I missed some but will give you an idea.

*sorry can’t get the pic to load*

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

2. The construction angle. No need to rehash. First post by me below. We discussed for a bit. Might go back through it again. With the Coop and all of the work in the areas surrounding Brooklyn, a big power plant project, I think it should be looked into. Thought about it all day while I was working. Especially when hiring the 15 new guys that I did today. For some reason I can’t get past this but probably because this is my life daily. I think someone working in the area, possibly staying at the hotel off of 80 but the truck stop that has been working around Brooklyn for some time and goes over to eat dinner every night could also learn her patterns if on the road long enough. I’m not sure he’s done it before but probably thought about it and then the job ended. On to another one. Maybe he’s been working at the power plant for some time. At least while MT was on break. He has become obsessed.

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

3. What if an someone she has known for years in school, not well, enough to recognize saw her while out for her run? Drove in circles, something he/she had been thinking about for some time. Jealous of DJ and wanting to be with MT. Went off to school, followed her on SM and fantisizes about being together. Knew that DJ was out of town, maybe ran into her at Casey’s and she mentioned it the night before. This person sees her running often cause they’re stalking her. Decides that tomorrow is when it’ll happen. Goes to school maybe even at U of I. Has access to date rape drugs. The night before goes back to campus and gets some or even around there. I think GHB (or whatever it is) is fairly easy to get your hands on. IA does have a drug problem. Puts it in a water bottle, pulls up next to MT the next night, when she is out jogging. It’s hot and humid, asks her how she’s doing, offers one of the waters that they claim to have just gotten at the gas station. She’s a nice person so she chats for a minute, mentions how nice that was and chugs it because she is thirsty and it’s hot out. Once she starts to feel lightheaded they offer for her to come sit in the air conditioned car, must be from the heat. Eventually she’s so out of it they can take her anywhere. How much time does this buy them? Never did they imagine the media storm and reward, FBI, the intire country looking for her. Didn’t think it through. Has MT had enough of any psychology classes to get in this persons head? To convince them just to let her somehow reach out to her family to let them know she’s ok? Maybe sent a video but didn’t think about the fact that the FBI is involved. Now freaking out because dad and DJ have been all over the media saying they know she’s alive. Will this person hurt MT out of fear? I feel like there have been hidden messages in the last couple of interviews, even in the PC. Need to think further on this... This seems like a Lifetime movie to me. Not feeling it now. Lol.

4. The one I fear the most. Mollie is no longer with us and there needs to be some grid searches done. A SM frenzy to tell the landowners to search property and look for anything out of the sorts. Personally I’m not here yet. I do think the clock could be ticking.

At the end of the day I have no clue and that’s the honest truth. Hoping LE/FBI is close to finding MT. My heart aches for her family, especially her parents. Sorry for the ramble on. Said I wasn’t going to do that!

Last edited:
There's still the lingering question of what she did after she arrived at 8:15PM.
Why is this lingering? What do you expect an answer would give in terms of significance to the case? That she went back out, maybe? If she arrived back around 8:15, someone could have been either in the house or somewhere outside it. For me the "in a house" Q. at 9:45 is a specific time frame LE is interested in. I don't know what to make of that.

I read that Dalton Jack who has been cleared by LE had said he had taken and passed a polygraph a couple days back.
Does anybody know if it is fairly normal procedure to be cleared and then polygraphed?
Please keep in mind DJ is a victim so just factual events not opinions on him please to keep the thread going within the rules - thanks

I think "I'm someone" might have misunderstood. I've certainly not seen anything disrespectful in your posts.

I actually think it was someone else that originally posted it (not i'm someone). I don't think it was pointed directly at SharonNeedles. If it was, I am sure it wasn't intentional. You have been a great help through all this SharonNeedles with all the videos and everything you have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy