Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Dalton Jack who has been cleared by LE had said he had taken and passed a polygraph a couple days back.
Does anybody know if it is fairly normal procedure to be cleared and then polygraphed?
Please keep in mind DJ is a victim so just factual events not opinions on him please to keep the thread going within the rules - thanks
I haven't heard a thing about that, what is the source? That may help determine its credibility.

I read that Dalton Jack who has been cleared by LE had said he had taken and passed a polygraph a couple days back.
Does anybody know if it is fairly normal procedure to be cleared and then polygraphed?
Please keep in mind DJ is a victim so just factual events not opinions on him please to keep the thread going within the rules - thanks
That information was first published by “that publication that shall not be named.” Usually you are polygraphed before you are cleared, which may very well be what happened here.

Why is this lingering? What do you expect an answer would give in terms of significance to the case? That she went back out, maybe? If she arrived back around 8:15, someone could have been either in the house or somewhere outside it. For me the "in a house" Q. at 9:45 is a specific time frame LE is interested in. I don't know what to make of that.
She may have fed the dogs, had a bite to eat, gone through the mail, sent the goodnight snap chat, taken out her contacts, ( they were still in the case soaking, when someone entered the house the next day) and then..?that is the question in that scenario.

I was just looking at that area of the map. Isn't it interesting that the creek is near, but not in the red area?
Yes, which is another reason I saw it originally as a digital signal spot, then as an entrance point. Now I'm not sure. I feel like I'm just catching up with everybody else here!

I remain convinced that Mollie made it home safely from her run and left at some point later in the the evening voluntarily. I don’t think she intended to be gone long and this changed from voluntary to something else shortly after she left. And I think her dad’s speculation is probably spot on. I also think she’s likely still alive.
bbm
why? This makes no sense to me.

Like 3 or 4 miles from hwy 21 to V21 dot via old hwy 6... am I reading that right?
I'm not sure, I meant from near the house in Brooklyn. 10 or 15 minutes maybe? Sorry i can't really see the maps on my phone

All my prayers are with Mollie's family and I'm writing this post with the most sensitive thoughts and hope that she will be brought home alive. Everything below is purely theory and I hope I don't offend anyone for sharing these thoughts.

Just wondering... I thought the bf said he had contact with her that evening around 10--- after the run? And I've also heard a rumor (via Nancy Grace Podcast), law enforcement can prove that she was doing homework or something on her computer that evening around 10? I could be wrong, but I've heard it.

If she did not return from her run, my guess is she's probably not alive. Killers tend to distance themselves from their victims and taking a young woman off of the street, statistically, it makes more sense to dispose of a body quickly and probably relatively close to where they took her. The longer a killer has a person, the more likely they are to be caught and leave evidence, etc. In this case, the killer would likely be a stranger or someone Mollie did not know. Also, given the amount of media attention this case has received, a killer who took Mollie at random would probably panic and we probably would have a body by now.

Because a body has not been recovered yet, I think she could be alive and is being held against her will by someone she knows or someone she could be acquainted with.

Law enforcement currently feels this is the likely scenario. While I do think law enforcement knows more than what they are releasing right now, I think law enforcement is heavily investigating this case as a captive situation.

First, this is evident in the way they are presenting and generating the coverage of the case. Due to the extent of media coverage, this suggests a strategy on behalf of law enforcement and other government resources. I believe they are trying to feed the ego of Mollie's abductor and trying to keep his interest with loads of news coverage. Odds are, he's probably even inserting himself in the investigation or is especially interested in the coverage of the case.

Second, the high reward. Missing person rewards rarely ever reach a six-figure amount. That's certainly a life-changing amount of money for anyone. I'm not sure if they are directly trying to entice the abductor, but even someone who may know the abductor or any information.

This leads me to believe she's alive and government agencies think so too.

Just wondering... if she did make it back from her run, is it safe to assume she was about to go to sleep? The dogs were in their crates. That being said, she was probably about to go to sleep or about to leave. I'm not insinuating she left on her own, but I do think there's a good chance between two scenarios.

1. (probably less likely) While she was running, someone who had been watching her, snuck into the home and surprised her with a weapon, coercing her to leave by threat of a weapon (an Elizabeth Smart situation). In those circumstances, I struggle to believe it because I believe Mollie is the kind of girl who would fight. I'm a girl and the same age as Mollie and I've always been told to never go to the next place with a perpetrator, even if it kills you to fight that hard. But again idk... I've never been in that circumstance to know what to do.
2. (probably more likely) she went with someone she knew or she thought she knew well enough... For me, this makes a lot of sense. Maybe she thought it was someone who was her friend or wouldn't do anything to harm her. It was probably someone who seemed that they cared about her, but unfortunately had a more sinister interest. I think it was someone who has spent time preparing for this abduction, knowing her routine, etc. and believes s/he has some relationship with Mollie or that they "care" for her in their own twisted way, which is why we haven't found a body.

I'm not sure... again these are just theories and everything is speculation until there are facts. I truly hope she is returned and reunited with her loved ones.

I don't see why its not feasible that the snapchat was sent sometime around 9:00- 9:45. It would make more sense since Dalton desribed it as a " goodnight " message, that she would send it later, and also, it seems like he was holding his phone, waiting to hear from her, since he fell asleep with it on his face. It would make sense that he would have been alerted to it very shortly after it was sent. It also fits right in with someone asking her mother if "she was in a house" at 9:45.

I've been gone most of the past 3 days, so I'm just going to respond to a few posts now and spread my confusion around a bit!

Also the area she ran in is more residential than I expected and it seems hard to think of being snatched in town (unless of course she knew the person - but she was on a run, why would she get in a car even with someone she knew? Bad weather? Was it raining hard during her run? Did she sprain an ankle?). I would think it more likely a random kidnapping would happen on the dirt road by the house, but I guess the fitbit showed she didn't run there?
The rain didn't start until about 1:30 in the morning. I also thought that dirt road would have been a good place, and it is one of the 5 points on LE's map.

My apologies if this has been covered, these threads move quickly. Could somebody please clarify these points for me;

I’ve read that MT lived at the DJ/BJ house, but also that she was just dog sitting there. I would presume that she lived at her mothers house and *practically* lived at the DJ/BJ house (since she was Catholic and unmarried, and because she shared a car with her brother and he lived at the mothers house) but could someone clarify

Also, the article I’ve linked mentions that MTs Fitbit data shows she returned to the DJ/BJ house.

“.....(DC)..... said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening”

and

“Investigators are tracking the data on the young woman's Fitbit, which her boyfriend said she never took off. Reports claim that her Fitbit shows she returned home safely after her jog and sent her boyfriend a Snapchat that night.”

How are they tracking it? Has it been recovered? Or is it shoddy journalism.

Brother of missing Iowa student's boyfriend cancels wedding & slams claims his family was involved | Daily Mail Online
I'm thinking shoddy journalism.
She didn't communicate after she was seen jogging, so no snapchat. She didn't shower either, because her cell phone and fitbit are missing. Why wouldn't she jog to her mother's house?
I still think it's possible that she completed her jog and then started to walk to her mother's house for her cool down.

Is it confirmed she was seen on E Des Moines?
I've never seen it said she was on E. Des Moines, only W. Des Moines. I believe though that she may have been taken that way out of town. MOO

I wonder if it was a crime of desperation. Someone needed to plead their case prior to her leaving for the wedding with the BF.
Maybe but most times a desperate crime would leave more clues, but not always so it's possible.
I wonder if Mollie had fallen pregnant and that was an added complication. All speculation of course

Has anyone noticed that our conversations here at WS have all shifted to a scenario where Mollie never returned from her run? I still believe she made it home from her run, and maybe that’s why I have problems with all this talk of how somebody could incapacitate her and snatch her off the street. Has anything yet contradicted earlier speculation that Mollie was in the house doing homework later in the evening?

I’m not quite sure why, after a run on a hot July evening, why Mollie wouldn’t have changed out of sweaty clothes to sit and do homework. Or before doing pretty much anything else IF she returned to DJ’s house from her jog safely. It was confirmed by Mollie’s mom in an interview that her jogging clothing (along with armband and shoes)are missing.
I’m curious, for those here who believe Mollie made it home (safe) from jogging and then entered into some other activity, what theories you have for her missing jogging clothing/shoes?

All my prayers are with Mollie's family and I'm writing this post with the most sensitive thoughts and hope that she will be brought home alive. Everything below is purely theory and I hope I don't offend anyone for sharing these thoughts.

Just wondering... I thought the bf said he had contact with her that evening around 10--- after the run? And I've also heard a rumor (via Nancy Grace Podcast), law enforcement can prove that she was doing homework or something on her computer that evening around 10? I could be wrong, but I've heard it.

If she did not return from her run, my guess is she's probably not alive. Killers tend to distance themselves from their victims and taking a young woman off of the street, statistically, it makes more sense to dispose of a body quickly and probably relatively close to where they took her. The longer a killer has a person, the more likely they are to be caught and leave evidence, etc. In this case, the killer would likely be a stranger or someone Mollie did not know. Also, given the amount of media attention this case has received, a killer who took Mollie at random would probably panic and we probably would have a body by now.

Because a body has not been recovered yet, I think she could be alive and is being held against her will by someone she knows or someone she could be acquainted with.

Law enforcement currently feels this is the likely scenario. While I do think law enforcement knows more than what they are releasing right now, I think law enforcement is heavily investigating this case as a captive situation.

First, this is evident in the way they are presenting and generating the coverage of the case. Due to the extent of media coverage, this suggests a strategy on behalf of law enforcement and other government resources. I believe they are trying to feed the ego of Mollie's abductor and trying to keep his interest with loads of news coverage. Odds are, he's probably even inserting himself in the investigation or is especially interested in the coverage of the case.

Second, the high reward. Missing person rewards rarely ever reach a six-figure amount. That's certainly a life-changing amount of money for anyone. I'm not sure if they are directly trying to entice the abductor, but even someone who may know the abductor or any information.

This leads me to believe she's alive and government agencies think so too.

Just wondering... if she did make it back from her run, is it safe to assume she was about to go to sleep? The dogs were in their crates. That being said, she was probably about to go to sleep or about to leave. I'm not insinuating she left on her own, but I do think there's a good chance between two scenarios.

1. (probably less likely) While she was running, someone who had been watching her, snuck into the home and surprised her with a weapon, coercing her to leave by threat of a weapon (an Elizabeth Smart situation). In those circumstances, I struggle to believe it because I believe Mollie is the kind of girl who would fight. I'm a girl and the same age as Mollie and I've always been told to never go to the next place with a perpetrator, even if it kills you to fight that hard. But again idk... I've never been in that circumstance to know what to do.
2. (probably more likely) she went with someone she knew or she thought she knew well enough... For me, this makes a lot of sense. Maybe she thought it was someone who was her friend or wouldn't do anything to harm her. It was probably someone who seemed that they cared about her, but unfortunately had a more sinister interest. I think it was someone who has spent time preparing for this abduction, knowing her routine, etc. and believes s/he has some relationship with Mollie or that they "care" for her in their own twisted way, which is why we haven't found a body.

I'm not sure... again these are just theories and everything is speculation until there are facts. I truly hope she is returned and reunited with her loved ones.
Very interesting post. If this is the strategy you think LE is using, I wonder if has been used before and what the outcome was. If they are using this strategy they must not know who or where the perp is, otherwise they would have gone after him by now.

I don't see why its not feasible that the snapchat was sent sometime around 9:00- 9:45. It would make more sense since Dalton desribed it as a " goodnight " message, that she would send it later, and also, it seems like he was holding his phone, waiting to hear from her, since he fell asleep with it on his face. It would make sense that he would have been alerted to it very shortly after it was sent. It also fits right in with someone asking her mother if "she was in a house" at 9:45.
I may be mistaken, but I thought he said he fell asleep right after opening it, and that's why he sent her the good morning one right away when he got up. If she did make it back to the house, took a quick shower (and changed from the running clothes the first witness described to those that the last one described), took a quick selfie and was sending it to him when the neighbor saw her walk by using her phone. If she finished her run about 8:15, fed the dogs and let them outside while she took a shower, and put them back into the basement before leaving, it could have been close to 9 by then. MOO

You never know. I think the phone would have been disposed of as soon as the perp was able to remove it from Mollie's armband. That might not have been right away. That would be especially true if Mollie voluntarily got in a car with someone she knew. He'd have to concentrate on driving her out to one or both of those remote eastern spots. (I'm assuming a lot here.) I have been wondering for a long while if LE found her phone. As for the Fitbit, it's probably still on Mollie. MOO.

Fitbits can record heart rate etc.
If something bad happened to Mollie, the fitbit would have that recorded, if still worn by Mollie.
Police would know.

Maybe but most times a desperate crime would leave more clues, but not always so it's possible.
I wonder if Mollie had fallen pregnant and that was an added complication. All speculation of course

Complications can come in many forms. What if it were a female with a fixation on Mollie?

Just a thought, no fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member