Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They identified her so quickly, supports theory that she hadn't been dead long. Maybe about 2 weeks/less

More likely it was by clothing and accessories. These things can last for decades even exposed to the elements. Then there are the other things that remain even in heavy decomposition such as hair color/length, nails, teeth. Not to mention that there aren't any other freshly missing women in the area, right?

I was just looking at a case in the Rochester, NY area yesterday where they think the body might be three+ decades old and yet there was a toe or heel of a woman's stocking found with the skeletal remains.

Jumping off this and remembering the Caylee Anthony case .... 6 months and Caylee was nothing but skeletal remains and hair (although there had been flooding where she was located). Clothing was identified.
I agree Grace G, not easily recognizable unless the clothing or something else that may have been with her (ie arm band/headphones - figuring the phone is long gone and destroyed)

I remember reading about The Body Farm and they found under the right conditions that a body can be reduced to a skeleton in 48 hours. Clothing, however, is a whole 'nother thing. That remains to tell its tale...

Damn...damn damn damn damn

The exact opposite of what what we all hoped for but sadly the most likely and logical result given the circumstances. Prayers for her entire family and may LE catch and punish whoever did this in very quick order. No words right now other than that. :(

Damn...

Man was placed on earth as the reservoir of hope; without despair there can be no hope. You keep hoping and fighting the good fight to that end. Thanks for all that you and yours do!
Thank you for this post. We must never give up hope, even in the darkest days. I’m counting on the family to turn this tragedy in to good. Evil will not triumph. Mollie’s sweet spirit will.

This case always moved way too fast for me to keep up so mostly I spot checked but never posted in it because of the commments about people reading everything before they post as to avoid repetition. So I just read.

I woke up this morning (West Coast) to the news Mollie's body hasn't been found. Several emotions went through me. First, that her family will finally have some answers, they will get her back. Secondly, sadness that Mollie's life ended like this when she had her whole life ahead of her. She had a promising life ahead of her and some :($&&(;/ took that away from her and her family. Thirdly, that I hope they catch the sob who did this to her and he/she pays dearly.

I send my condolences to her family and loved ones, who have to be in excruciating pain right now. May peace find you. RIP Mollie.

I think so too. This case has really affected me, more than most. It’s just sad.
Yeah there were times when this one seemed like it could break the mold of the 'usual' under the circumstances but it does look like that's going to be what transpired. Given how close the discovery site is to where she was taken, chances are she didn't even make it to the following day.

I hope her Dad going home didn't scare the perp. into killing and dumping MT (feeling he was being tricked). I certainly thought it was suspicious and could be a police tactic by sending her Dad home but I didn't want to post that in case the perp. read my comment and reacted.
I thought about the timing with her Dad going home also. But I thought maybe the perp felt a little bit of the heat was off after Dad went home and it was a good time to dump the body.

This is real close to that pig farmer. About 4 miles.
But it is also the location of the farm/home of people she is FB friends with, and more often than not, perpetrators are known to the victim. BTW, I am not implicating them, just suggesting it may be someone connected to that family or Mollie. Seems a coincidence the body would be on the property of people she knows. On the other hand, it is a small town where everyone knows everyone...

I think my first post got busted for using a name- sorry. I have seen one body location posted using Google maps- not sure of the accuracy of this though. The posted map location is near a driveway and house on the north side of 460. I might guess they are searching on the south side, where there is a small dirt road off with what looks like a couple old buildings. Seems a more likely spot if you don't want a body found. Hope they catch the perp soon, but the reward being posted for information is not a promising sign (if they think they know who it is).
Unless they suspect more than one person is involved and that person isn't speaking/narking....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela