Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't read anything into it. They probably update that list periodically rather than in real time.

I am wondering why her disappearance was not initially classified as "INVOLUNTARY"

It is day 35! Some folks here keep talking about how efficient and expert LE has been throughout this case.

The news I am hearing on the hour today just keeps ratcheting up the fact this missing person case is now a DEATH investigation which officials deem as "Foul Play".

So my question = are they going to change the classification NOW? If they don't, then that annual report they handled out and wanted to emphasize the majority of missing in IA are runaways just gives me greater pause.

View attachment 142980

KCCI was the first on the scene, and the barrier was already in place so they couldn't proceed down 460th east of 21st, so what is the source for the "exact location" being on the north side of 460th on a hill between the driveways of two houses?

I'd like to know the source of this pin drop too, since I am now speculating based on that information someone posted here.

It's King Farms, if the previous posts here and maps posted here are accurate. And Mollie is friends with some of the people who live there on FB. Again, not implicating them, but I am just saying I believe it will be somebody known to her and connected to that family and in the community somehow, because I think it is a big coincidence if not. There is a truck stop near there, so it's a possibility it is a stranger, but statistically in these cases it will be someone known to the victim.
460th East of 21, on the north side is King Farms, on the south side is Cheney Farms.

But it is also the location of the farm/home of people she is FB friends with, and more often than not, perpetrators are known to the victim. BTW, I am not implicating them, just suggesting it may be someone connected to that family or Mollie. Seems a coincidence the body would be on the property of people she knows. On the other hand, it is a small town where everyone knows everyone...

It's also the sort of rural, secluded spot where underage kids in this part of the country often go to drink beer.

There are dozens of scenarios that can't be ruled out, and the fact that they're neither announcing that a suspect is in custody or warning folks to be on the lookout for one makes me feel like a tragic accident is a strong possibility.

But I'm like Sergeant Schultz, "I know NOTHING!" It's all just speculation until 4:00.

I think so too. This case has really affected me, more than most. It’s just sad.

Me too. Mollie looks just like my sister-in-law. When I first saw the case my husband did a double-take thinking it was his sister. It completely pulled me back into WS and I've been looking for ways to volunteer to give back more in my downtime. These cases are so awful but there are always rays of light. I think Rob is going to ensure Mollie's legacy lives on in so many ways.

-Not sure if this is allowed so please remove if not or someone let me know-
Anyone have any theories on WC and if he was actually involved?? Why LE spent SO MUCH TIME on him??? I understand if Mollie's phone pinged in the area but why not focus on the people whose property she was found on? Or any one else in the area of the pinged phone? Is WC involved? Was he a decoy?
IMHO, WC is a man with a record for stalking an ex and he just so happens to live somewhere near where Mollie's digital footprint was. He was questioned and polygraphed by LE, and cyber tarred and feathered by the media and public opinion. LE had to rule him out due to his past. I seriously doubt that he had anything to do with Mollie's disappearance. MOO

Last edited:
I hate to say this but knowing the outcome right now I hope she passed when she first went missing. I would hate to know that she was being held for all that time and so close and the outcome is this. Held and found alive - that would have been an answer to much prayer! I'm just glad that her family can properly take care of her now with the respect she deserves.

Had to step away from here for the past week because it was getting so repetitive. Sorry to hear that her body was found.
Unfortunately, this is the way I expected it to unfold. I doubted she was held captive. I see that some people are still postulating that she was hit by a drunk driver. I think we'll soon know that wasn't the case -- drunk drivers simply do not stop, scoop up the body and then relocate it, regardless of how many prior DUIs they might have.
I still firmly believe that she was taken by someone on the outer edge of her circle of acquaintances. Less likely, but also possible, is that the perpetrator was a fairly local weirdo who wasn't acquainted with her but saw an opportunity.
It will be interesting to see if any evidence from the perpetrator can be collected from the scene or from her body. Decomposition will be a problem, unless her body was somehow preserved in some fashion, and exposure to the elements will be a problem, if the scene is outdoors.
Will be interesting to see how much they tell us at 5. My first question is whether something led them to the crime scene (electronic evidence? someone's statement?),or whether it was found during an LE search, or whether a citizen came across it.
She could have been held captive and killed later. The decomposition of her body and other evidence should give some indication of this.

I highly doubt we're going to get more at 4:00 other than:

- MT's body has been found and general location it was found at
- Condolences to her family and friends
- LE suspects foul play
- Search now is who did this - keep sending tips and info and we'll follow-up

Then press will ask usual questions such as condition of body, cause of death, etc. and LE will refuse to answer them to not compromise the investigation.

Guaranteed.

So, MT's body was found on private property vs. public, is that correct? Also, is it known whether or not her body was found in a spot that would be accessible by vehicle or where someone would have had to either walk some distance or use ATV to access the location?

I hate to say this but knowing the outcome right now I hope she passed when she first went missing. I would hate to know that she was being held for all that time and so close and the outcome is this. Held and found alive - that would have been an answer to much prayer! I'm just glad that her family can properly take care of her now with the respect she deserves.
She was likely murdered in the minutes or hours following her abduction. Its unlikely she remained alive for any length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand