Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just sucks. The family gets some form of closure, and won't be walking corn fields and waiting the rest of their lives at least. And if the body found wasn't immediately recognizable, at least maybe she wasn't 'held' long by the monster. FWIW

It was good to be a part of a group of genuinely caring strangers on this website. Take care of yourselves right now, okay?
Thank you for this, and hope you're not leaving us! (By use of word " was") and I agree, I hope to God it was quick, and all this time she has been resting in peace.

Bryon Houlgrave‏ @bryonhoulgrave 3m3 minutes ago
Law enforcement agents work a scene near rural Guernsey, Iowa, where they believe the body of missing Mollie Tibbetts has been discovered. @DMRegister#MollieTibbetts

DlI-JpSU8AAQ8U9.jpg

Not sure if that's where she was found or if they are just gathering but that's a pretty open space.

If you zoom in you'll notice they all appear to be looking downward, focused on something.

Also note how the specific area appears to be shielded on at least two sides, with small hills surrounding a full-stalk corn field.

I suspected MT would be discovered in a field and that she would be found during harvest. LE has accomplished an amazing feat by recovering MT before machinery and additional weather could affect the scene.

But it is also the location of the farm/home of people she is FB friends with, and more often than not, perpetrators are known to the victim. BTW, I am not implicating them, just suggesting it may be someone connected to that family or Mollie. Seems a coincidence the body would be on the property of people she knows. On the other hand, it is a small town where everyone knows everyone...
Got a link that gives the exact location of the body - and whose property it is? I haven't seen anything that specific at all.

jmo

Do we know if they are working east or west of 21? Also, in the photo posted from Des Moines Register it looks like it is very close to corn fields.

Based on the early live spots from KCCI they are East of the 21. All of the hills, gates, and signs align with the Google streetview.

ETA: The no-fly zone is also placed east of 21.

@ASalcedoNews
NEW: Medical Examiner just left the area here in Guernsey and Deep River. 4-6 cars have entered, many with tinted windows, but I could spot the head of DCI Mitch Mortvedt in one of the cars. Lots of movement here in just the last 15 mins. @weareiowa5news #MollieTibbetts
So this reporter reported the road as 470 not 460. Do we know which is correct?

But it is also the location of the farm/home of people she is FB friends with, and more often than not, perpetrators are known to the victim. BTW, I am not implicating them, just suggesting it may be someone connected to that family or Mollie. Seems a coincidence the body would be on the property of people she knows. On the other hand, it is a small town where everyone knows everyone...

One of the former occupants of the farm/home currently owns a home a little more than half a mile from the boyfriend's home.

Got a link that gives the exact location of the body - and whose property it is? I haven't seen anything that specific at all.

jmo

It's King Farms, if the previous posts here and maps posted here are accurate. And Mollie is friends with some of the people who live there on FB. Again, not implicating them, but I am just saying I believe it will be somebody known to her and connected to that family and in the community somehow, because I think it is a big coincidence if not. There is a truck stop near there, so it's a possibility it is a stranger, but statistically in these cases it will be someone known to the victim.

-Not sure if this is allowed so please remove if not or someone let me know-
Anyone have any theories on WC and if he was actually involved?? Why LE spent SO MUCH TIME on him??? I understand if Mollie's phone pinged in the area but why not focus on the people whose property she was found on? Or any one else in the area of the pinged phone? Is WC involved? Was he a decoy?

Hi All,

I know it's been a tough week for many of us, especially in Iowa with the news of Jake Wilson at the end of last week, and now the news of Mollie. It's absolutely gutting to have these situations end like this. I just want to remind everyone to take breaks away from the case and the news for self-care today and the days following. It's easy to get overwhelmed by the emotions that we experience during these times. Sending so much light and love Mollie's friends and family, and to all others involved.

This could be true as well as a suspect already being arrested. Most states can arrest and hold you for 175 days before felony charges have to be filed. However, the holding time is much shorter for misdemeanor charges.
I had not heard about an arrest being made, but we will find out more in a few hours. Hoping..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela