DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt we're going to get more at 4:00 other than:

- MT's body has been found and general location it was found at
- Condolences to her family and friends
- LE suspects foul play
- Search now is who did this - keep sending tips and info and we'll follow-up

Then press will ask usual questions such as condition of body, cause of death, etc. and LE will refuse to answer them to not compromise the investigation.

Guaranteed.
Unless the perp confessed and led LE to the body. In that case, we'll hear about an arrest too. I'm not counting on that, but I am hoping.

jmo

This degree of activity is exactly what happens when a body is found...which is exactly why we always know about it so quickly. There is no way to hide such a discovery as so much needs to be done with many people involved.

This is why it is not the case that “maybe she was found last week” etc...media alone would never let that happen these days...news gets out very quickly.

This stuff has got to stop. I am not big for capital punishment but surely this crime deserves it. Too many young people getting killed and the perpetrator living a full life in jail or as a free human being!

Agreed, Brian, and I'd like to add that crime victims of all ages, races, backgrounds, and genders deserve swift justice and for their life to be honored. A life ended one second too soon is a tragedy.

Two questions have come to mind - did the storm on the 19th affect their efforts to find her?

I am not sure which interview it was but at some point it came to light that DJ's dad had used a crop duster plane to search for Mollie. I am struck by the wooded area here - and whether the location was chosen to avoid the plane. Then during the live update KCCI did a bit ago they noted LE has asked that no drones fly over a particular area.

This made me wonder if drones could have helped find her?? or did?
Definitely something to ponder.

I missed this.

3 August 2018
"She left Dalton Jack's four-bedroom home in West Des Moines Street and was last seen by a neighbor, Nate Hopwood, who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive. From there the trail goes cold."

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
I wonder if NH has access to cameras. Last person to see her alive and access to monitor should be scrutinized. IMHOO

I highly doubt we're going to get more at 4:00 other than:

- MT's body has been found and general location it was found at
- Condolences to her family and friends
- LE suspects foul play
- Search now is who did this - keep sending tips and info and we'll follow-up

Then press will ask usual questions such as condition of body, cause of death, etc. and LE will refuse to answer them to not compromise the investigation.

Guaranteed.

Actually, one of the reports indicated LE will release "a significant amount of information" at the presser. I have not yet found the link.

So, MT's body was found on private property vs. public, is that correct? Also, is it known whether or not her body was found in a spot that would be accessible by vehicle or where someone would have had to either walk some distance or use ATV to access the location?
No, that is not correct about the public/private property.

Or, it might be.

People are posting about locations as if the info is known, but NOTHING specific has been announced in MSM or by LE at this point. This is how rumors turn into "fact." Not cool.

jmo

I’ve never understood why so many thought she’d be found alive. To me, that makes no sense. After following a number of cases, none turn out that way and saw nothing here to point that way other than wishful thinking

Elizabeth smart comes to mind and the girls in Cleveland. Without a body or evidence of a crime, there is hope

IMO the presser will answer many questions. Not all but some.
I'm not sure how it can - body was just found today. Not enough time to do an autopsy to verify cause of death. There haven't been any POI's or suspects named yet so unless they are waiting until the body was found to pounce on someone I can't see us getting much.

I'm not so sure how accurate Radar is but according to them her body was located yesterday near WC's property.

“A body was located yesterday in a secluded area near a point of interest,” a separate source also told Radar at the time. “We have reason and evidence to believe it is Mollie Tibbetts.”

The place in Poweshiek County in Central Iowa where the corpse was found is located near the property of Wayne Cheney, the pig farmer who was questioned in relation to the missing jogger’s disappearance.

The pics appear to show a cornfield or the field is near the scene. As I have been saying from Day 1 and still cant get a cornfield out of my head.
I have watched a couple of live broadcasts from the roadblock and that is rolling open farmland, with a two lane gravel road running through. According to the reporter, there are 4 families that live on the road.

This degree of activity is exactly what happens when a body is found...which is exactly why we always know about it so quickly. There is no way to hide such a discovery as so much needs to be done with many people involved.

This is why it is not the case that “maybe she was found last week” etc...media alone would never let that happen these days...news gets out very quickly.
Exactly, you can’t keep this type of thing a secret for any length of time, especially in a rural area like this. It was almost certainly a coincidence that the dad’s leaving coincided with this discovery.

IMO, the whole truth of LE activities, will become known, some day. This agonizing puzzle WILL be finished. THEN the public will have an understanding, as to WHY they operated as they have.
Perhaps at today's PC? Who knows HOW MT'S body was located? Was this in an area, previously searched? How long does LE believe she has been positioned there? I believe that info might be discussed at the PC.

I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member