Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order for Mollie to end up there, was a vehicle that was able to navigate that type of terrain necessary?

It appears a car could navigate the general area as easily as greater-axle-clearance vehicles, at least in dry weather. We do not yet know if MT was discovered close to a main paved road or along/closer to a gravel/dirt road or placed within a growth field.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many hours it is until the PC ? I am in the uk and have no clue on time differences. I will be following this thread anyway.
2 hours and 20 minutes. i'm in the central timezone as well (which is what Iowa is) and it's currently 1:40PM and the presser is set for 4:00PM

The chances of the perp keeping her alive all of this time or until recently is slim to none, and slim just left town. This isn't some calculating, sadistic "Buffalo Bill" type perp here folks. Probably just some hillbilly pervert with compulsive urges and mommy issues.

JMO.

I don't like to speculate... in fact, I said I wouldn't anymore. But finding her like that and id'ing her right away sure does seem like they had a tip, or a suspect who gave them the info for perhaps consideration in charges. jmo of course.
It could be as simple as there were enough means of identification to make a preliminary determination. Jewelry, clothing, Fitbit, clothing, etc. I doubt identification was made by her physical appearance, as there would be significant decomposition by now.
Of course, they could have also been led there, by a suspect or witness.

The chances of the perp keeping her alive all of this time or until recently is slim to none, and slim just left town. This isn't some calculating, sadistic "Buffalo Bill" type perp here folks. Probably just some hillbilly pervert with compulsive urges and mommy issues.

JMO.
This. I find it incredibly unlikely she made it past the evening of 07/18 or the very early morning of 07/19. :( :( :(

JMO.

IMO just a low life criminal who saw a chance and took it, Prayers for Mollie's family, and that she is now held in the arms of the angels.

Mollie’s dad stated in an interview with Dateline that she was a lover of poetry

I’d like to think that Mollie would say these words to her family, from a poem written by Henry Scott Holand in 1910 (while also brought me a measure of comfort when my mom died):

Death is nothing at all

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.
Everything remains exactly as it was.
I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is this death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner.
All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Death is nothing at all by Henry Scott Holland (Gurteen Knowledge)

Thank you for sharing that wonderful poem.

To MTs family and any and all who have suffered loss of loved ones and pets, may you be comforted by the wings of angels.

I’ve never understood why so many thought she’d be found alive. To me, that makes no sense. After following a number of cases, none turn out that way and saw nothing here to point that way other than wishful thinking

Iowa12, the people on these threads who felt she'd be found alive, from what I read, explained their rationale. Beyond their reasoning, they chose to hang onto the hope that she'd be one of the fortunate few who made it home safely. Without some optimists, this world would be a much sadder place. Much love to all who are affected by today's news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333