Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe her phone and Fitbit were still with her?
Would they id her solely based on those things? For some reason I thought it had to be something on her body that was id’ed. But perhaps she has some identifying aspects that were easily spotted.

Is it wrong that I was happy to have my family go out for the night tonight so that I can watch the PC alone and mourn with the rest of the WS'ers?

Not at all. Have some wine and go to sleep and wake up tomorrow and find a way to help those that are still missing. This is one case out of many. What can you do to help?

hi all,
long time follower and have read almost every post on MT.
reading thru some of the PCSO logs i have seen a very heavy presence of traffic stops along hwy21 in the last fews days.
just my opinion that maybe someone dumped the body there after the fact and LE got lucky with a traffic stop?, or LE did make a arrest and they(LE)_ was directed to the body?
As far as the exact location(road) LE would have set up a perimeter of all roads coming and going to the crime scene.
Hopeing they already have the sick person(people) involved or more arrests coming!

Appreciate You all!

And that statistic would only speak to people that have been *found* -- so many have never been found. Yes, some "disappear' on purpose but those are not the predominate statistic and in this age of electronic tracking (Social Security #s, etc.). I like to research old cold case files. Decades without any trace of a human being would lead one to assume those humans probably disappeared under bad circumstances. Yes, not ALL, but I would bet that the percentage was more like 90/10% missing/dead. Not "overwhelming" to living and being well by any sense of the word.

And, yes, I recently read of a case that was reported as "missing" that was tracked down and found alive and he really didn't care anyone was looking for him and he did not want to be found. This is an exception, not the rule.
Yes, many havnt been found or even reported missing. It’s sad, and shows how many bad/dangerous people are out there.

I know HLN carried all the pressers. I have it on now to see if they say they will carry it live. Will post if I hear.
They said much earlier this morning that they will carry it live.

ETA but always have another link open because HLN has a short attention span and will sometimes cut off their coverage before the PC is over.

Clothing the victim is wearing, (if she was found wearing clothes) isn't how LE makes a positive ID but how they can more than likely assume it's the victim and then decided what direction they are going in vs. Jane Doe route.
I don't think anyone said it is used to make a positive ID, but it sure as heck is used along with observations of clothing, gender, body type, rough height, to make preliminary ID with higher confidence with each observable factor present. A drivers licence in a wallet of a dead body, or a class ring is also not usually used to make a positive ID these days now that we can capture DNA and now that everyone has had some dental work, , but sure does go to preliminary ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico