Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those questioning positive identification after weeks of decomposition.

LE would have requested and received MT's dental and medical records weeks ago to help expedite ID.

LE would also have taken DNA samples from her parents weeks ago to help expedite ID.

Clothing the victim is wearing, (if she was found wearing clothes) isn't how LE makes a positive ID but how they can more than likely assume it's the victim and then decided what direction they are going in vs. Jane Doe route.

STOP READING HERE WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!!! GRAPHIC/DECOMPOSITION FACTS:

With all due respect...

There would have been a strong odor of decomposition coming from MT's body and flies swarming in the open field area and around/on her body. They would have photographed her body and taken numerous photos/notes of the positioning of her body, lying face up or down, arm/leg placement etc. clothing she was wearing and if her skin was exposed and if her pants/shorts/underwear were slightly up/down which can happen when moving/dragging a body not necessarily signs of an assault. The body would also be examined for sexual assault as well, vaginal and anal.

Due to the weather and heat speeds up the decomposition process. Upon examing her body... She would probably have had large blisters on the skin and her skin would be separating and peeling off. Her skin would vary in colors from black to red and pale, it would probably have an oily appearance. Her hair would be wet/matted with fluids. Her face and skin would be black with color, swollen and probably a presence of maggots around/in her mouth/eyes and nose from the fly larva. Her stomach and legs would be bloated and distended more than likely have ruptured blood vessels throughout. Depending on if she died face down or up, the blood in her body would collect whichever is closest to the ground (gravity) and the other side of her body facing up would be colored pale/yellow/white.

As soon as the ME moved her body, her skin would most likely tear off and fluid would pour out onto the ground. There would most likely be numerous maggots feeding on the fluids and the flesh. Before putting her body into a body bag and being loaded into the removal van to be taken to the ME office for autopsy; her hands would be covered in plastic bags and secured with duct tape around her wrists to preserve any potential DNA/evidence on her hands/under her fingernails. They would also swab her mouth for DNA as well. Finally, they would seize the Tyvek suits LE/ME wore at the scene and enter them into evidence.

Just wanted to share the facts in one place for those questioning and those who wanted to know.

I will await the presser and make no assumptions. The only thing that I believe to be true is that LE did not find Mollie by happenstance. Either they were led there by evidence, they received a tip, someone discovered her and notified them, or someone confessed.

This is also the window of time when nature begins to fly overhead.

JMO.

IIRC it was said early in Mollie loved those dogs or dogs in general??? Anyhoo I will give to our local animal shelter. I remember when Diesel the bomb sniffing dog was killed when bomb detonated during search. I arrived at our shelter with bags of dog and cat food. I was thanked so kindly and stated this was in memory of Diesel. Employees replied how sorry "my dog" had passed. I burst into tears and did giggle thru tears driving home that they thought Diesel was my dog. I guess he kinda was-everybody's dog. So I will wait until tomorrow when my emotions are in check LOL
This made me laugh.

And, good idea!

How many people are usually in custody at the Poweshiek county jail? Did someone research that at some point in the past month?
I’m not sure, but as of now, there aren’t any new ones in custody (local reporter on twitter said this). As soon as someone is booked, it will be discovered.

I was looking at a web site the other day about missing people in America. It had the out comes for a lot of the missing and I’d say it’s 50/50 as to how many are found alive but shocking as to how many are found deceased , usually at the hands of another but a lot that involved accidents surrounding water. I’m just rambling but I found it astonishing how many people in America are missing or have been murdered in comparison to the UK. But then the USA is much bigger than the UK !

And that statistic would only speak to people that have been *found* -- so many have never been found. Yes, some "disappear' on purpose but those are not the predominate statistic and in this age of electronic tracking (Social Security #s, etc.). I like to research old cold case files. Decades without any trace of a human being would lead one to assume those humans probably disappeared under bad circumstances. Yes, not ALL, but I would bet that the percentage was more like 90/10% missing/dead. Not "overwhelming" to living and being well by any sense of the word.

And, yes, I recently read of a case that was reported as "missing" that was tracked down and found alive and he really didn't care anyone was looking for him and he did not want to be found. This is an exception, not the rule.

IIRC it was said early in Mollie loved those dogs or dogs in general??? Anyhoo I will give to our local animal shelter. I remember when Diesel the bomb sniffing dog was killed when bomb detonated during search. I arrived at our shelter with bags of dog and cat food. I was thanked so kindly and stated this was in memory of Diesel. Employees replied how sorry "my dog" had passed. I burst into tears and did giggle thru tears driving home that they thought Diesel was my dog. I guess he kinda was-everybody's dog. So I will wait until tomorrow when my emotions are in check LOL
Awwww hugs Bravo. We sound similar lol

Since it seems the body was found when it was still dark, I think that LE were told where to find the body by the suspect.

or they were watching a suspect and he led them to the site.

I think LE knew early on who the suspect is. Maybe they had a fake albi etc hence the hefty reward for information. In the reports asking for information they also specifically say HE.

"Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with "

Thank you for this wonderful idea!! Especially appropriate since “her” dogs are rescues.

Iowa12, the people on these threads who felt she'd be found alive, from what I read, explained their rationale. Beyond their reasoning, they chose to hang onto the hope that she'd be one of the fortunate few who made it home safely. Without some optimists, this world would be a much sadder place. Much love to all who are affected by today's news.

Thank you GoBuckeyes. I held out hope she might be alive. It was only with respect to the family who hoped the same. I couldn't bring myself to even consider the theories of how she might have died. As long as the family thought she might be alive, who was I to disagree. And now I share their heartbreak.

I was looking at a web site the other day about missing people in America. It had the out comes for a lot of the missing and I’d say it’s 50/50 as to how many are found alive but shocking as to how many are found deceased , usually at the hands of another but a lot that involved accidents surrounding water. I’m just rambling but I found it astonishing how many people in America are missing or have been murdered in comparison to the UK. But then the USA is much bigger than the UK !

The 400,000 number is absurd. Most of those are resolved in 72 hours and not people actually involuntarily missing. I subscribe to my city's metro police public notice system and there are alerts for missing people every day -- followed within a couple of days, or even hours with the person found. Google DC MPD twitter and look. there are as many critical alert missing "resolved" as occur. so I would not think it is "50:50" found alive but more like 99:1. Longer term child missing/kidnapped is mostly all custody disputes.
We sure do need to have the maximum resources on people actually kidnapped and at risk of being harmed, but the number and risk is nowhere near what many people imagine.

There was a study done several years ago that the proliferation of (ambulance chasing) negative media reports (murder, rape, violent crime) that by the way none of us can ignore or even look away from, creates an 8000% worse outlook on how bad these are as compared to the sum total of all the people anyone knows.

Watching the news is not a good representation on reality.

I agree to a point. At least it reminds people to remain diligent and be aware in their daily lives. Ratio-wise, as small as the percentage might be, it still isn't zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member