Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s crazy! I wonder how long you have to be gone to be “missing”.

The definition of "Missing" varies by state. Here in Iowa it's very easy to get someone added to the Missing Persons list. In some places in order to get an adult put on the list he or she has to have been missing a certain amount of time and/or you have to have a specific relationship to the person.

It's also important to remember that just because I think you're missing doesn't necessarily think that you think you're missing.

I'm corresponding with a reporter from Iowa and they're only saying that a body was found in Powashiek County - not confirmed yet. Apparently national news is saying that it's her but local is not.

Anyone else feeling nauseated? I feel like the darkness that will come to light will not only be shocking but somehow completely sickening- ugghh can't shake it- RIP beautiful Mollie girl

It is what it is. This has happened for as long as mankind has been around. Many years ago no one heard of local cases -- but they still happened. Now with MSM we hear everything in real time. I don't think these things are any worse than they ever were except we just KNOW about it now. Center yourself and remember that as sad as this is, you did not know this person and you are not personally involved in this case. Send good thoughts to her family and do what you can to help local cases. Follow this case but don't take it personally. Don't let it break you. It is one case. There are many. And, somewhere out there, there are many wonderful things happening, too. We often have to go find those happy cases before we come back to the sad ones. Find a balance that you can be comfortable with. *Blessings*

I don't know why, but I have such a strong feeling that it was a vehicular crime and subsequent disposal. I just can't shake that feeling. Perhaps it's naive, 'wishful' thinking ...

I'm not saying that this is where I'm placing my bets, but it's near the top of the list.

It is what it is. This has happened for as long as mankind has been around. Many years ago no one heard of local cases -- but they still happened. Now with MSM we hear everything in real time. I don't think these things are any worse than they ever were except we just KNOW about it now. Center yourself and remember that as sad as this is, you did not know this person and you are not personally involved in this case. Send good thoughts to her family and do what you can to help local cases. Follow this case but don't take it personally. Don't let it break you. It is one case. There are many. And, somewhere out there, there are many wonderful things happening, too. We often have to go find those happy cases before we come back to the sad ones. Find a balance that you can be comfortable with. *Blessings*
Absolutely right. It’s not that the world has gotten worse, it’s that we are now more aware of what goes on around us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind