Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but I have such a strong feeling that it was a vehicular crime and subsequent disposal. I just can't shake that feeling. Perhaps it's naive, 'wishful' thinking ...
I've heard of 1 case like that in 20+ years of following unsolved crimes, whereas I've heard about hundreds of sexual homicides. The idea of a hit-and-run and subsequent disposal is wishful thinking to the umpteenth power.

I will await the presser and make no assumptions. The only thing that I believe to be true is that LE did not find Mollie by happenstance. Either they were led there by evidence, they received a tip, someone discovered her and notified them, or someone confessed.

They identified her so quickly, supports theory that she hadn't been dead long. Maybe about 2 weeks/less
No. There are a dozen factors that would lead to preliminary ID of a six week exposed body. Proximity to location of disappearance, gender, height, weight/body type, hair length, hair color, clothing, footwear, identifying documents, jewelry, etc,
they'd be at a preliminary ID with 99% confidence which they could leak to press with any half dozen of those factors before DNA or dental confirmation. And for all we know the suspect could have told them where the body was. So it need not be two weeks, there are lots of scenarios where they could be 99% certain enough to make a preliminary ID even conceivably with a body that had been exposed for 6 months.

Exactly. The large majority of Americans think murder is up or at best flat the past generation, when it is way way down. No just social media, but all media. And having a higher education level does reduce the cognitive bias on inverting murder rate trends, highly educated people also think they are up, when they are profoundly down.

There was a study done several years ago that the proliferation of (ambulance chasing) negative media reports (murder, rape, violent crime) that by the way none of us can ignore or even look away from, creates an 8000% worse outlook on how bad these are as compared to the sum total of all the people anyone knows.

Watching the news is not a good representation on reality.

Cameras are set up and ready for the press conference at 4 in Montezuma regarding “significant information” about Mollie Tibbetts. You can live stream it on @weareiowa5news Facebook/Website. @ASalcedoNews & I will be bringing you live updates during the 5/6 shows. #MollieTibbetts

Brynn Carman on Twitter

Attachments

• 038CC285-B7C1-44C2-A619-0180F379EDFE.jpeg
    038CC285-B7C1-44C2-A619-0180F379EDFE.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 36
IIRC it was said early in Mollie loved those dogs or dogs in general??? Anyhoo I will give to our local animal shelter. I remember when Diesel the bomb sniffing dog was killed when bomb detonated during search. I arrived at our shelter with bags of dog and cat food. I was thanked so kindly and stated this was in memory of Diesel. Employees replied how sorry "my dog" had passed. I burst into tears and did giggle thru tears driving home that they thought Diesel was my dog. I guess he kinda was-everybody's dog. So I will wait until tomorrow when my emotions are in check LOL

I'm corresponding with a reporter from Iowa and they're only saying that a body was found in Powashiek County - not confirmed yet. Apparently national news is saying that it's her but local is not.

Makes sense. The local press wants to stay in the good graces of local LE because they'll want their cooperation on future cases. The national news teams don't care about that as it's unlikely that another story of national interest will originate here in the foreseeable future. They'll most likely be gone after the presser this afternoon so they're okay with playing it fast and loose.

I'm corresponding with a reporter from Iowa and they're only saying that a body was found in Powashiek County - not confirmed yet. Apparently national news is saying that it's her but local is not.
It is never officially confirmed until the ME/Coroner uses a method of ID to confirm the identification of a body. At this point it can be unofficially stated that it is her.

Just once I want to see LE go full cowboy in one of these post-discovery pressers towards the person(s) who did it. Instead of "we will find out who committed this horrible act and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law", I want to hear "listen to me you son of a *****, we are coming for you and when we find you, there will be no mercy. Be a man for once and turn yourself in before we turn you into a prison wife you pathetic waste of human space."

Full blown Toby Keith/Willie Nelson "Beer for my Horses" style. You know they and many of us are thinking it.
This is the best thing I've read all day and I would give them a standing ovation if they actually did that.

I am not familiar with how active cases like this one operates once a body is found.

What can we expect from the press conference? I could be wrong but surely there will be more details than just "she's no longer with us?"

Because it is an active case, not much. They have to preserve as much evidence as possible for a potential trial. And, especially since they do not have a perpetrator in custody, they probably don't want to tip off the perpetrator on what info they do or do not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinkriggs75