Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AnaPisces I share your thoughts and you know I love you.
Grief never takes a holiday it seems. :(
865630-bigthumbnail.jpg
I am with you both Chi and Ana........love and hugs.

Just bumping my own post from the end of last thread for all new members.
[Also if you came here for this case, please stick around because even if they aren't local to you, your thoughts are needed and appreciated.
We all get hurt and drained after these outcomes, but I know everyone will be glued to WS for updates and hoping for justice.
So new members, please don't go. Take a rest if you need one then join us later on another case thread.
In the meantime, I am joining all of you in sticking to this thread til the very end. Hopefully in a courtroom! #justiceformollie and everyone else]
I am not going anywhere.

I keep seeing this so I am breaking my 29 thread lurking streak to say that if you read any memoir of women who were kidnapped and held for weeks/months/years, what kept their will strong to survive their situation was the thoughts of their families and knowing that they had people who loved them and wouldn't stop looking for them. So I can't speak for everyone, but the reason I chose to believe she was alive until proven otherwise is I believe in that power of good thought. If I were in that situation, I would never want anyone to assume I was dead until they found my body or other unmistakable evidence of my death.
That said, this is terrible news but I am relieved they found her and now my thoughts are with her family and hoping they get the closure they deserve.

I seriously doubt it is suicide. How would she get there?

Well... where is “there” anyway? We don’t know where she was found. But surely she could have walked quite a distance if she wanted to kill herself in private. While I strongly believe suicide could be the outcome, I think she would have wanted to be found a lot sooner so her family wasn’t worrying. I think she would have left a note.

I have not liked how le as handled this case from the start and I usually dont second guess them.

I have wrestled with this too. I didn't understand why so little was released. Why it seemed IOWA LE disengaged from the public during critical hours/days? Why the PCs began so late... But honestly for me from the start it was not a criticism of LE but a desire to understand what WE as a community and country can do to make it easier for LE to locate missing people faster. For me it was never a finger pointed at LE, they do what they do the best they can. I wrestled and wondered WHY? I am very anxious to hear the particulars of the press conference! It took LE 35 days to locate a gal who lived in a town within two miles from a notorious interstate linked to human and drug trafficking and many missing persons. A young lady who was part of the generation whose lives are so much broadcast online, their lives have unique digital footprints which not that many years ago played no role in our daily lives. Was there something about the way that information could be accessed that tied LE's hands for hours or days? A gal who lived in a tiny town with less than 1500 people - did the lack of public safety cameras make LE's job tougher?

My heart is heavy but honestly I am so grateful she is FOUND! Many here suspected she had gone on to glory. The time just didn't bode well for a happy joyous reunion with her family and friends.

EVIL is here. And it is growing more bold. It is time we put our best efforts forward to thwart EVIL in any way possible.

I’ve never understood why so many thought she’d be found alive. To me, that makes no sense. After following a number of cases, none turn out that way and saw nothing here to point that way other than wishful thinking
I held out hope mainly to support the father and family in their belief and grief. It IS possible, not most likely, but POSSIBLE for someone to be missing over a decade and then escape or be found. Since our personal belief about the outcome would not affect the final ending it in any way, why not support and encourage the family when they most needed it? I suspect they were getting plenty of statistics from people who meant well but were "trying to prepare them for the inevitable."

And I will never forget that one of Castro's young women could not forgive her mother for giving up on her. If it were your child missing, would he/she not need to know that you would never give up?

Last edited:
On this very sad morning I want to express that I deeply appreciate everyone on Mollie's thread.

Your insightful posts have taught me so much.

Most importantly it is your deep compassion and caring for others that has been so moving and heartwarming over the past weeks.

You have all proven to me that humanity is well and alive and everywhere!

Thank you all so much. I've felt honored to be on Mollie's thread with you.
I always smile when I “see” you on a thread Zen. You are always a welcome and uplifting spirit.

For those who chose to, please join me in surrounding Mollie’s family in prayer this morning. God Bless.

I just saw on FoxNews that Mollie's father confirmed to FoxNews directly that he was informed this morning the body is Mollie.

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I've been silently following this case for the last few weeks and as a parent I can't even imagine the heartbreak her family is feeling. My biggest hope is the 5PM presser announces they have taken someone into custody so that her family can begin healing. Knowing her killer could still be walking around is agonizing.

Rest peacefully, Mollie.

rip Mollie. My heartfelt condolences to family and friends.

So unusual... a public identification before 'official confirmation' (DNA, etc.)? In so many other cases, the public typically has heard, "A body has been found, identification is pending...."

Why was this leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member