Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good point! I always thought the “ok” mollie text back to her mom about dinner was because she was busy but knew she was going to be over shortly for dinner. My only problem with this theory is, where would she possibly disappear to without anyone seeing when it’s still daylight ? The only way no one would notice I feel is if she disappears on her own... if someone attempted to grabbed her, she would have fought like hell and I feel like someone would have heard her screaming ... unless... she willing went with someone she knew ...

I can think of one more possibility. A stranger driving up to her, showing her a gun and saying get in now or else. My guess is about half of the people that may be tried on will work. This is the reason I gave my young daughters the “don’t go to a second location” speech this week. A lot of women/girls will go into shock and just get in the car.

Last edited:
Is it possible that they know she's deceased already by possibly seeing a decline in heart rate on her Fit Bit data? Or that they found her body already but haven't announced that information because they're tracking the perp?

If there are any members here who followed the Abigail Williams and Liberty German forum, you will recall the brilliant work done by Gray Hughes who does crime scene reconstruction and analysis. He's now taken on Mollie's disappearance.

To date there are 3 videos, the first of which was live streamed on 23 July. It's 2 hrs 17 mins long because he's working through all the media and social media he’s seeing for the first time, all of which has been posted on WS. The sole purpose of posting it is for the Google Earth images. I use a PC and I have no idea what this will be like on a phone. Start at 10:30 and keep advancing the video from one set of images to another as you see fit. You'll see all the streets, where everyone lives and all the relevant locations.

Bear in mind the videos are a work in progress and each new one has updated info.

The second video, published on 24 July, is only 18 mins long and puts the whole story together. Listen to this in its entirety.

The third isn’t worth listening to. It’s only a computerised interview of an online article written by Sarah Beckman who did an interview with a sheriff. It updates the time when Mollie probably went jogging, i.e. 7:30 – 8:00 and also says that Mollie may have sent her snapchat much earlier, perhaps before she went jogging.

I never ever thought we would be this far in to Abby and Libby and no suspect in custody.. let’s pray this doesn’t go that direction. Love Gray Hughes work though and def going to have to take some time today to watch this!

I can think of one more possibility. A stranger driving up to her, showing her a gun and saying get in now or else. My guess is about half of the people that may be tried on will work. This is the reason I gave my young daughters the “don’t go to a second location” speech this week. A lot of women/girls will go into shock and just get in the car.

You are right. And, if it's true that this is a place where people feel so safe that they don't lock the doors--she may never have gotten the "don't go to a second location" speech. (I remember long ago, as a teenager, my mother and I discussing that.)

There used to be a belief that the best thing to do was try to placate the guy and look for a chance to escape. "Do what he wants and at least you'll get out alive." I don't know whether crimes have changed or it was always bad advice.

Very good point! I always thought the “ok” mollie text back to her mom about dinner was because she was busy but knew she was going to be over shortly for dinner. My only problem with this theory is, where would she possibly disappear to without anyone seeing when it’s still daylight ? The only way no one would notice I feel is if she disappears on her own... if someone attempted to grabbed her, she would have fought like hell and I feel like someone would have heard her screaming ... unless... she willing went with someone she knew ...
I agree. I do think LE is dealing with someone Mollie knew. And when I say that I am NOT implying someone in her family. I think it comes from a different mindset for someone who has grown up in a small close community. No one is really a stranger. If it had been someone she didn't know or know well I think they would have had a wildcat on their hands trying to contain her.

I agree. I do think LE is dealing with someone Mollie knew. And when I say that I am NOT implying someone in her family. I think it comes from a different mindset for someone who has grown up in a small close community. No one is really a stranger. If it had been someone she didn't know or know well I think they would have had a wildcat on their hands trying to contain her.

Wasn’t she also studying psychology ??! To me, she probably had a good mindset on what happens to young ladies that do go to “second locations” with someone threatening them. I hate to say she was “smarter” than that, but I kind of feel that way. I’m stuck on someone that knew her and she trusted harmed her. IMO

There used to be a belief that the best thing to do was try to placate the guy and look for a chance to escape. "Do what he wants and at least you'll get out alive." I don't know whether crimes have changed or it was always bad advice.

Recall this working a few times on the "I Survived" series. Seemed to be most effective with perps who were obviously under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. One woman even convinced the perp to let her call 911 for her injuries he caused.

I agree and I do believe in doing that in some instances. If someone breaks in my home, I’ll do whatever because it would be hard to leave. If I get out in the front yard and they tell me to get in their car, I think I’ll take my chances and not go.
With my children, missing/torture/then death is a greater concern than immediate death. Sad to think about for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee