Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
" ..... In an interview with ABC, Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel confirmed Mollie Tibbetts' brothers and boyfriend are not suspects..."

Is this still the latest on who is not a suspect or has the list been expanded to include more people who have been excluded?

Thanks! It seemed like an important timeline pinpoint and I hadn't seen that anywhere. She must've written it on the 25th + posted/updated the next morning. It seems to me it would need correcting or updated yet again so as not to mislead the public. I have been looking into fitbit capabilities + it varies by which version she owns. There's even a "find my fitbit" similar to find my phone feature. I liked the idea someone wrote they could do a range search of all phones to see who turned theirs off. Well, heck, for that matter, start gathering ALL phones that pinged in that areaarea. You're talking maybe 200 people? Probably way less imo.

Just wanted to clarify what we know so far. (ETA: sarcasm follows)

The red shirt is missing.
The red shirt is not missing.

She came home from the run.
She did not come home from the run.

She was running at 5:30pm.
She was running at 7:30pm.

She sent a good night snapchat.
She sent a snapchat earlier in the day that was opened later.

She was wearing a pink sports bra.
She was wearing a black sports bra.

A fit-bit plays in and she did not have 20/20 vision.

This case is out of hand! Poor Mollie.

DCI: “We think she’s still alive,” not scaling back efforts to find Mollie Tibbetts
Fri 7:41 PM

"The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said they did more neighborhood sweeps, searched more rural parts of Powesheik county and have interviewed more than 100 people Friday. The DCI told TV-9, as long as people keeping sending tips, they’re going to keep working. Authorities said they continue to get hundreds of new and different leads everyday.

“I anticipate we’re going to get more leads so I anticipate working through the weekend and do whatever we can to track her down and locate her," said DCI Special Agent Richard Rahn.

The DCI does insist it’s not a recovery mission. Rahn said, while he believes while the disappearance is suspicious, she’s out there somewhere still alive."

""I'm absolutely shocked," said UnityPoint Grinnell Regional Medical Center day camp director Chad Nath.

Nath has worked with Mollie Tibbetts for two summers now. He said the kids there loved having her around.

"They enjoyed being around her," said Nath. "Obviously, they're really missing her because she's like one of their family. When you spend eight hours a day with an individual everyday of the summer you do become pretty attached.""

Coworker says day camp kids miss Mollie Tibbetts
Fri 7:57 PM, Jul 27, 2018

Since it doesn't sound like much has been confirmed, I'll just post my possibilities and hope one of them is fitting.
If she never made it home, I wondered if someone stopped by her, and without her corrective lenses, she thought it was someone she knew and approached the car. I know that before my surgery I couldn't really see features on most people's faces without my glasses on. It's possible that she had the same problem if she couldn't see well without hers (which I believe her mother said.) By the time she realized it wasn't who she thought it was, she would likely be caught completely off guard and easy to throw into the vehicle. I'm not going any farther than that with my imagining...

If she did make it back to the house, she may have let the dogs out while she took a quick shower, let them in and locked them downstairs and started heading to her mother's place for dinner/supper/whatever they call it there!, and just left her stuff there because she planned to be back soon. I have no idea where the one witness lives, but I know the one who said he saw her earlier was a neighbor. Is it possible that both people were right about what she was wearing, but the first one was wrong about the time? If she went for her run around 7:30 and got home around 8:00 wearing the black sports bra, after he shower, etc., she may have left at about 8:30 wearing the pink one. She might have been running a little late and decided to jog at least part way (not enough to really break a sweat, but enough so the witness would describe her as running.) If so, the same thing could have happened that I described if she didn't make it back.

If she made it back and was still there until after 10, I'd have to guess that someone either followed her inside when she got back (with or without her permission) or someone showed up shortly after she got there but before she could leave for her mother's. If she was there alone between 8 and 10, I believe she'd either go for brats with the family or let them know she wasn't coming. I'd also expect her to be wearing glasses or contacts if she was going to be sitting around watching tv, reading or playing games/texting on the phone. Even if she fell asleep without eating, something would have to have happened very early since she doesn't seem to have canceled any ride to work she may have had set up. I still don't understand why whoever was supposed to bring her doesn't seem to have mentioned to anyone that she was a no-show.

Sorry for another novel. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member