Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
41706FE8-EA1E-4F90-AD1D-F9C6771904F2.jpeg

I hope people who are locals and beyond report their loved one acting uncharacteristicly suspicious and that person was gone on the evening and night and possibly day after Mollie went missing. They may have had noticeable scratches or injuries. The clothing they had on that day may have disappeared, be bloodied or ripped and they are likely also following the case closely for any developments.

If you suspect a loved one, friend or co-worker may be involved with good reason please say something to law enforcement.

admin note:
Locals: Do not post information about where searches are being conducted unless you can link the information to an MSM article.

We are not going to compromise an investigation. If LE wanted that information out there they would announce it.

You may speak in general terms " the south side of town" "off of Hwy 21" etc but not in detailed terms such as with an address. etc.

Contact me via pm if you have any questions. thanks

Again if members want to discuss the specifics with addresses and so forth the private conversation area is available. Just please don't go into the me toos here on the board lol.

I know I’m sorry I said that. I opened it and started watching it and immediately got frustrated and responded. Big time fail. I have many close friends I don’t speak with regularly. I think what was going through my mind was thinking of when I was home from college and my close knit of friends from HS we were constantly at each other’s houses and going out at night catching up. Everyone is different and I shouldn’t have made that assumption

Thank your reply. I understand the frustration your human and it's clear you have a huge heart full of love and concern. I think I can speak on behalf of many that we are all just as frustrated and we would love nothing more than to see Mollie home safe.

When a case of this nature happens its VERY hard not to get caught up emotionally that is a very normal human reaction.

As long as it’s not an exact location or suspect I would’nt see why not? But they are pretty particular and shut down free flowing information here for any little thing whether it could actually be helpful or not so...

There is good reason not to publicly discuss exact locations of ongoing searches. Law Enforcement does not want that info out. It can be very helpful to the perpetrators if they know exactly what areas have already been searched. It is much better to keep them guessing.

I don't agree. Even without a suspect, nowadays LE very rarely gives out much info to the public.

There was a good article about a year ago explaining why. How the release of certain info made it impossible to verify a confession later. And how the case was ruined as a result. So now LE doesn't do that. They keep things close to vest.

Agree, I'd much rather have less info now and a solid, prosecutable case later (if it comes to that) than everything LE knows at every point in their investigation.

And thanks so much for using the correct phrase 'close to the vest', I've been reading 'close to the chest' all over the net in relation to this case lately and it's been driving me bonkers. lol

you would think if she was attacked in the house there would be evidence of it
Yes, you would think so, typically, but there could be evidence LE is not sharing (like the doors or windows were not all locked so someone could have gotten in without it being an obvious break-in) and they could have overpowered her, covered her mouth with a cloth with that knockout chemical on it, tasered her, etc. and taken her out of the house even unconscious and being carried out, shutting the door behind them.

Yes, you would think so, typically, but there could be evidence LE is not sharing (like the doors or windows were not all locked so someone could have gotten in without it being an obvious break-in) and they could have overpowered her, covered her mouth with a cloth with that knockout chemical on it, tasered her, etc. and taken her out of the house even unconscious and being carried out, shutting the door behind them.
There would be somethings

She wouldn't necessarily need to be attacked in the house to be taken from the house.

I am keeping many possibilities on the table, including that she disappeared from the house. That's not the only theory, but it is one.

jmo
She very well could have been just lured outside the house...especially by somebody she trusted or was acquainted with.

There is good reason not to publicly discuss exact locations of ongoing searches. Law Enforcement does not want that info out. It can be very helpful to the perpetrators if they know exactly what areas have already been searched. It is much better to keep them guessing.

I understand the rule in certain cases but this is an extremely small town. The entire town knows where they are. There's no hiding 15+ FBI agents, Sheriff department and DCI. You could see them searching the hog farm last night from a couple miles out. They're not doing anything secret or trying to hide.

I understand the rule in certain cases but this is an extremely small town. The entire town knows where they are. There's no hiding 15+ FBI agents, Sheriff department and DCI. You could see them searching the hog farm last night from a couple miles out. They're not doing anything secret or trying to hide.

I feel the same, although I guess one reason would be if the perp left the area after the crime (back on I 80) and in that case they dont have a way to know where the search areas are unless they see it discussed online?

That's assuming the POI is a local and in the area.

I'm thinking a trucker came down route 6 on their way into Brooklyn to make deliveries, saw Mollie running, hit/seized her near the high school, threw her in the truck, made their deliveries, then made their way down to route 80 and were on their way. I think there are 15 FBI agents because they have seen this MO before and Mollie is just the latest victim and they are hoping to get enough clues to catch a serial offender. Pure speculation on my part, but after reading everything and looking at maps closely, only scenario that makes sense to me given the disparate search areas and the large LE presence. If this scenario is true, Mollie could be anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina