Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were LE, given the town's proximity to Route 80, I'd be wondering if a trucker came off 80 and was making their way up to route 6 when they saw Mollie running. I'd be checking to see what farms in the 50 mile radius of this town had deliveries due on Wednesday, Thursday. She may have been hit and thrown into the truck then taken wherever. Fitbit thrown out of truck down by deep river which may be why they were looking in that area initially but have now moved near ball fields...

you would think if she was attacked in the house there would be evidence of it

Yes i agree. The fact we have not heard about anything happening at the house is interesting. Either LE found a clue there and are not saying or there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and that could be why they are all over other parts of the town.

I think if bad things were found at the house we would have seen police tape all around it and would have heard much more about it.

admin note:
Locals: Do not post information about where searches are being conducted unless you can link the information to an MSM article.

We are not going to compromise an investigation. If LE wanted that information out there they would announce it.

You may speak in general terms " the south side of town" "off of Hwy 21" etc but not in detailed terms such as with an address. etc.

Contact me via pm if you have any questions. thanks

Maybe I missed these elements in the threads so, apologies up front...

How did MT typically travel to work, and how far?
Car? Whose car? Who would drive? Same route?
Walk? Assume same route. Alone?
Public transportation?
Uber / Taxi?

MT could have 'disappeared' while on her way to work but I might assume that is not the case because not much, if anything, has been reported regarding an "on her way to work" scenario.

Did MT pursue and get a job that someone else had also pursued?
Did MT have a previous job? Issues?
How long has MT worked at her current job?

How long was it before MT's current job contacted family/anyone to report MT had not reported for work as expected?

Speaking of knowing Mollie - do we still do verified insiders on the forum? I've been on a brief hiatus and came back to a new format - not sure if anything else has changed. It's nice to have locals chiming in.
(Postscript - am following along via mobile web but am only logged on "the big computer."
Postscript2 - also bewildered by reporting inconsistencies.
Postscript3 - also affected by site issues (or operator error.)
Mollie, where are you? If we can wonder what the recipe was can we also wonder what music you liked to run to?

Thanks for your post. You raise a really good point - what reasons could they have for not wanting to seek the public's help like they do in some other cases, where they give a press conference and are eager to get the word out to people?

The only thoughts I have why they are not communicating with the public as they usually would are that they either think if she was abducted (1) it was someone local and eventually they'll figure out who and don't need public help with investigating further within the close quarters of such a small town (and they've gotten too much public help in the past when hundreds of volunteers were out looking for her so they had trouble finding people at home to interview and called off the search), or (2) it was a serial sex offender and/or serial killer and the 15 person FBI team is carefully putting together a case that links other murders in the area to Mollie's disappearance. I don't like to think of either scenario, and hope she was not abducted, but maybe these are possibilities as to why LE has seemed to be so "mum is the word" on her disappearance.

Or because the electronics have told them exactly what they need to know, and now all they need is to recover her before they make the arrest.

I don't agree. Even without a suspect, nowadays LE very rarely gives out much info to the public.

There was a good article about a year ago explaining why. How the release of certain info made it impossible to verify a confession later. And how the case was ruined as a result. So now LE doesn't do that. They keep things close to vest.
Exactly right!

Wow. Things that stick it to me. He wants answers and some info and isn’t sure really what’s going on. Last he spoke with her is a month ago, doesn’t seem like a close friend, especially as they roll all those photos with all female friends. I don’t find this person to be someone close to her

I have 2 best friends and I have been best friends with them for 19 years which is more than half of my life. There are times even when we were 19 and we didnt speak to one another for a month or more at times. We can always pick up right where we left off and if there is something that one of us needed we would be there in a heartbeat.

I think everyone is at the point of frustration over Mollie still being missing. This has to be beyond devastating for all those who know her. I did not know her and I am beyond frustrated with the timeline changing seems like everyother MSM story that is released contradicts one another.

I am sure to locals in the area who hear anything that is talked about they will take it as truth because what they "hear" could bring them hope. But I personally would only believe something if it came from LE or interviews from her immediate family because I dont believe they would do ANYTHING to jeopardize the case.

I have 2 best friends and I have been best friends with them for 19 years which is more than half of my life. There are times even when we were 19 and we didnt speak to one another for a month or more at times. We can always pick up right where we left off and if there is something that one of us needed we would be there in a heartbeat.

I think everyone is at the point of frustration over Mollie still being missing. This has to be beyond devastating for all those who know her. I did not know her and I am beyond frustrated with the timeline changing seems like everyother MSM story that is released contradicts one another.

I am sure to locals in the area who hear anything that is talked about they will take it as truth because what they "hear" could bring them hope. But I personally would only believe something if it came from LE or interviews from her immediate family because I dont believe they would do ANYTHING to jeopardize the case.

I know I’m sorry I said that. I opened it and started watching it and immediately got frustrated and responded. Big time fail. I have many close friends I don’t speak with regularly. I think what was going through my mind was thinking of when I was home from college and my close knit of friends from HS we were constantly at each other’s houses and going out at night catching up. Everyone is different and I shouldn’t have made that assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper