Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have felt this way from the beginning!! Nothing makes ANY sense and this is usually not the case with things like this. No public warning at all.. zero! Just call in tips if you have them.. what is being released is often contradicting what was released prior.. no press conference to really clear things up.. it seems they announce info to clear things up, but that info is confusing and the announcement was so short.... they must want the confusion for a reason. If they urgently needed the publics help, I feel like they would be quick to do a press conference where they respond to questions.. they have not done that.. The official Find Mollie page has been silent since July 24th..
Thanks for your post. You raise a really good point - what reasons could they have for not wanting to seek the public's help like they do in some other cases, where they give a press conference and are eager to get the word out to people?

The only thoughts I have why they are not communicating with the public as they usually would are that they either think if she was abducted (1) it was someone local and eventually they'll figure out who and don't need public help with investigating further within the close quarters of such a small town (and they've gotten too much public help in the past when hundreds of volunteers were out looking for her so they had trouble finding people at home to interview and called off the search), or (2) it was a serial sex offender and/or serial killer and the 15 person FBI team is carefully putting together a case that links other murders in the area to Mollie's disappearance. I don't like to think of either scenario, and hope she was not abducted, but maybe these are possibilities as to why LE has seemed to be so "mum is the word" on her disappearance.

you would think if she was attacked in the house there would be evidence of it
She wouldn't necessarily need to be attacked in the house to be taken from the house.

I am keeping many possibilities on the table, including that she disappeared from the house. That's not the only theory, but it is one.

jmo

they could of but the car would have some damage and they could put out a presser to look for that or get tips on it
Last Wednesday a creep hit a bike rider in my area and drove off. I drove past the area as an ambulance was taking the injured bike rider to the hospital. There wasn't any broken glass, broken plastic, or any other shattered objects lying in the road to show an accident had occurred.

I don't agree. Even without a suspect, nowadays LE very rarely gives out much info to the public.

There was a good article about a year ago explaining why. How the release of certain info made it impossible to verify a confession later. And how the case was ruined as a result. So now LE doesn't do that. They keep things close to vest.

Ahh I see, that makes sense. I am not overly familiar with how US laws / police investigations work! :)

Fingers crossed they have someone in their sights

About my post....if they are cleared you don’t think they are still being watched? They don’t 15 FBI agents for nothing. Cleared people are still being surveillanced.

The ball diamond is by the high school. I wondered if she ran down her St to the E De moines St and ran past the sexual offender?

No. I don't think cleared people are under surveillance. I think 15 FBI agents are busy trying to find Mollie. Not tracking people they already cleared.

The only time I have heard of a case where someone is later arrested after not being determined to be a suspect is when the statements are more vague- "We have no reason to suspect foul play." "We have no suspects." (When they did). "No one has been ruled out." "They've been highly cooperative and we ask the public to show them kindness."

I don't agree. Even without a suspect, nowadays LE very rarely gives out much info to the public.

There was a good article about a year ago explaining why. How the release of certain info made it impossible to verify a confession later. And how the case was ruined as a result. So now LE doesn't do that. They keep things close to vest.

See I think that is the main problem.

If my family member's life is on the line and time is of the essence then I say release all pertinent information that could help find them and worry about prosecution later.

Ames, Iowa is over 80 miles from Brooklyn. They are not handling the investigation. I am pretty sure that DCI is running the show right now. That seems to be the only law enforcement speaking in the media now and I did see where media contacts are being funneled through a DCI public information person.

So what do you make of their statement on twitter?

She made it home safely after jogging, so she probably let the dogs out to do their business and someone saw her. The only problem is that shirt was missing that she would wear the next day. Maybe it was the next morning she let the dogs out and someone saw her.

See I think that is the main problem.

If my family member's life is on the line and time is of the essence then I say release all pertinent information that could help find them and worry about prosecution later.

It's about finding them. I'm not talking about prosecution at all. Releasing information can absolutely destroy their ability to solve the case and find the missing person. They have no way of distinguishing between valid information or statements and nonsense that every crazy person found off a news report.

Publicizing info is done when it helps the case but most of the time they find it can hurt the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper