Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is so hard to follow, what with the news reports’ ever-changing stories. I just don’t know what to think, but I fear the worst for this young woman.

Random thoughts here:
About reports of her apparently not wearing her glasses or contacts. Are they sure about her not having her contact lenses in her eyes? When I wore contacts, they were the disposable type, and I don’t see how someone would have known by what contact lens packages I left at home whether or not I was wearing a pair at the time.

So, do we know now that she disappeared on Wed night and not Thurs morning? Because, before that was known I would think the state of the dogs in the basement might have given a clue, depending on the feeding and bathroom habits of the dogs. If they were used to doing their #2 first thing in the morning upon being let outside, I feel like they would have had an accident being left inside. If they were used to eating in the morning, they might be very hungry and thirsty when finally let out on Thurs.

On the last thread, poster JayBlue stated s/he thought the dessert Mollie was going to make was for a cake she planned to bring to work on Fri. But, I don’t think that is clear, is it? The article I read quotes her coworker as saying it was another coworker’s birthday, so “we were going to get a cake.” She didn’t say Mollie was going to make the cake. It still could be that Mollie was going to bake and bring a cake, but to me, “get a cake” sounds more like picking up a purchased cake somewhere.

Trying to keep up with this thread, but the posts are moving so fast! Sorry if these thoughts were already addressed.

I go back and forth about thinking they are safeguarding and just having dead ends

If they were safeguarding the investigation then surely they would only do so if they had evidence Mollie was no longer alive

If they have a suspect, then it would be imperative to search his property ASAP in the hopes of finding Mollie alive

Right!?

I’m starting to wonder since in the last thread someone stated that it was raining that day.if that’s the case I’m thinking that Someone saw her walk back out of the house and offered to give her a ride. She probably trusted him or her because it was most likely someone familiar. Maybe a neighbor or friend. Just speculating.

If they were safeguarding the investigation then surely they would only do so if they had evidence Mollie was no longer alive

If they have a suspect, then it would be imperative to search his property ASAP in the hopes of finding Mollie alive

Right!?

Yes!

Sorry but your screen name has me laughing for some reason

4 threads now and still nothing, really unfortunate. Poor Molly.

The fact that they spent 12 hours searching the hog farm, before moving down about half a mile and spending another 8 hours or so searching with K-9 makes me think they've at least got last known location in that area. I would be really surprised if they put that much manpower because of a random tip.
Hi chi123
Please provide a link or links for the bolded information. I have read and listened to almost everything out there on the case and had not seen that information before. thanks

Right!?

I don't agree. Even without a suspect, nowadays LE very rarely gives out much info to the public.

There was a good article about a year ago explaining why. How the release of certain info made it impossible to verify a confession later. And how the case was ruined as a result. So now LE doesn't do that. They keep things close to vest.

If you look at the Google Map of the town in satellite view, there's a baseball field visible towards the SW limits of town (bottom left).

Google Maps

Edited to add: it's across town from her mom's house and not in between boyfriend's house and mom's house. I haven't seen any of her routes published sho I'm not sure if she would normally run that way but it's across a creek and railroad tracks so I'm guessing probably not.

I'm trying to do some aerial mapping. Can someone please give me cross streets of her house/BF's/Mom's or at least one?

Wow. Ok. Is this correct? Are they handling the investigation?
Ames, Iowa is over 80 miles from Brooklyn. They are not handling the investigation. I am pretty sure that DCI is running the show right now. That seems to be the only law enforcement speaking in the media now and I did see where media contacts are being funneled through a DCI public information person.

Where's the ball field? Out near the high school? Is it on one of Mollie's running paths or the road to her mom's house? Thanks for information!
There are two- one between the school and Hwy 6 (North side of town) used for school mainly and one on the south side on the edge of town.
Both houses are in the north half of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257