Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
weareiowa.com/local news says mollie was caught on surveillance camera. I cant post link, sorry, been trying over and over.

Is this what you meant by having trouble posting the link?
To insert a link, go to the 7th icon on the bar of icons from the left, if you hover over it it says link.
click on it and add the link you copied. It will post.

I hope this is one of those cases where someone makes a stupid decision and leaves but then comes to their senses and comes back. Interesting that they think she is still alive after 9 days. Maybe they are just being optimistic?

Well, I've seen the same thing in many cases. The police are simply NOT going to say: "we think she's probably dead." Not without evidence, lots and lots of evidence.

1. The sociologist is not a journalist.
2. The sociologist did not infer that the kids were necessarily still missing. She said most people reported missing are voluntarily missing.
She did the exact opposite of sowing the seeds of hysteria. She specifically tried to calm down the hysteria and explain that the number of actual stranger abductions is super low.
3. She had ZERO responsibility to research those missing persons cases before giving her opinion that there is not an epidemic of stranger abus ions and that most such cases are people who leave voluntarily. She had zero obligation to determine the status of any of those cases before trying to calm people's fears.
4. Not one thing she said was fake or false. The kids on the list who were located undoubtedly left voluntarily just as she stated.

Journalism has been shoddy in this case. Horrible. This is the opposite of that.

She didn't do her research and announce that many of the kids on that missing kids' list ARE AT HOME NOW posting on social media. She didn't announce that the list isn't updated frequently removing the kids that are no longer missing. She only stated that many of the kids were voluntarily missing. She made it appear that ALL of those kids on that missing kids list were still missing, voluntarily or not, and that is not true. Several Websleuthers went through many names on that missing kids' list last night and many of those kids were posting to friends on social media yesterday. That list had approximately 38 names on it. If updated regularly it might only have 10 names on it. If she really wanted to reduce hysteria, she should have contacted whomever is responsible for updating that missing person's list and made them update it dramatically reducing the numbers.

Last edited:
Authorities also point out there’s no person of interest they’re publicly sharing at this time.
DCI: “We think she’s still alive,” not scaling back efforts to find Mollie Tibbetts
This stuck out to me too. It certainly implies they have a POI. But to me that contradicts the idea that she’s still alive. A POI means a crime has been committed. So for her to be alive they would have to suspect she’s being held alive. From what we’ve heard about the searches it doesn’t seem like they are looking for a hostage. I don’t blame them for being positive to the media but I suspect amongst themselves they aren’t as confident of a good outcome.

JMO but le is not going to say they think she is deceased. But if searches DID stop, maybe they found info indicating she is alive. But if they are still searching fields etc. it does not appear they are looking for a live person.

It would be unusual for two young people in love to just send one message that entire evening. I would imagine something like he asked about the dogs or she told him about the dogs; maybe where she was headed that night or work the next morning, and he would say where he was and what he was doing at work, etc. That's the way people in a relationship communicate.Maybe they spoke in a couple of voice calls. I would imagine it was just not one Snap she sent him. I would be surprised if it was just one.

Without scrolling through tons of posts, I am presuming the Iowa Dept. of Public Safety Missing children record from the past 10 days, most if not all the children mentioned, (most teens), have been recovered or accounted for, except for Mollie? Thanks for the update. My computer is acting up today.

Without scrolling through tons of posts, I am presuming the Iowa Dept. of Public Safety Missing children record from the past 10 days, most if not all the children mentioned, (most teens), have been recovered or accounted for, except for Mollie? Thanks for the update. My computer is acting up today.
It's impossible to know because the list isn't updated frequently which has apparently caused hysteria in Iowa. Last night Websleuthers randomly chose names from that list and went looking for their social media to see if they were active. Many of us found numerous names on the missing kids' list that were posting on social media within the last few days. They are clearly "findable" if they are on social media talking with friends.

There are many scenarios, one that I keep thinking of is if she was struck by a person under the influence of alcohol/drugs. They could have taken her to cover up the tragedy/crime or she could've been dazed and walked/crawled into a place she has yet to be found in. <modsnipped> But I'm trusting LE saying he's cleared. I'm sure it was based on more than just he was 2hrs away.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of things that cross my mind, and wonder about.

Since Mollie was dog sitting, I would expect there to be no one else in the home except for her, no brothers of her boyfriend or anyone else, so neither of them could be a suspect nor able to provide any information about what time she got home or went out.

Since Mollie was dog sitting I suppose she went for a walk with the dogs later that evening?

Since the police and boyfriend are optimistic she is still alive, then probably there were no signs of a struggle in the house, the door was locked with the key, and the dogs were taken care of the proper way someone would prior to leaving? Or did she take the dogs with her?

If something would happen the dogs would get upset, would be heard, would be found by themselves without food and water, or also be missing.

Since there is no information about the dogs, and the search for the 21th was called of, some information probably surfaced, and some answer is in the dogs situation. IMO

So I initially was thinking a stranger followed her back to the house and waited until she was asleep and broke in to grab her. Then I got home and a delivery person pulled into my driveway and my dogs went ballistic. With two dogs in the house I don’t think anyone snuck in to grab her. My dogs have always been hyper alert. Does anyone have dogs that keep quiet? I would think she had warning unless the suspect is well known to the dogs. Since other people who live there have been cleared that leaves me with friends of the family, which I won’t sleuth. If that’s not the case that leaves me with her being nabbed walking to her moms or in the morning on the way to work. I think her phone records are telling investigators a lot, as long as the phone company is cooperating.

Yes! All this new technology and I'm thinking about the dogs. The house was probably the first place searched. If they walked into a big ol mess, they'd know it had been hours since they had care.

So I initially was thinking a stranger followed her back to the house and waited until she was asleep and broke in to grab her. Then I got home and a delivery person pulled into my driveway and my dogs went ballistic. With two dogs in the house I don’t think anyone snuck in to grab her. My dogs have always been hyper alert. Does anyone have dogs that keep quiet? I would think she had warning unless the suspect is well known to the dogs. Since other people who live there have been cleared that leaves me with friends of the family, which I won’t sleuth. If that’s not the case that leaves me with her being nabbed walking to her moms or in the morning on the way to work. I think her phone records are telling investigators a lot, as long as the phone company is cooperating.
. Actually my Lhasa Apsos are silent...never respond to outside distractions but they’re super protective and will bite a stranger entering house...( they were guard dogs in Monastaries) other dogs are the same way too...depends on the dog...bulldogs, French Bulldogs, other breeds too...my neighbor has a silent jack Russell which is very weird...I don’t think they ever said anything about the dogs. But I doubt they would. Those who have looked up the place...how far is the closest neighbors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257