Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"But, if she was taken from the house though, how could she have taken her phone with her? Am I just missing something? Would that person turn off her phone and take it with them? Sorry if these are ignorant questions."

Excellent point.

Lisboa - No, I don't think that's possible. She always ran before sunset and LE already said they thought she ran around 7:30-7:45. She had to have been on her computer later that evening, because no one would call any time prior to 7:45 "late" in the evening.

That all made a lot of sense to me the way you thought it all through. But, if she was taken from the house though, how could she have taken her phone with her? Am I just missing something? Would that person turn off her phone and take it with them? Sorry if these are ignorant questions.
If she hadn't taken it off yet at night or had already put it on in the morning. That really seems to narrow it down to as she was getting ready for her shower or as she was getting ready for bed. One other possibility is that someone came by while she was doing her homework. She could have put the dogs downstairs because they were being pests when she was trying to concentrate, and took off her glasses (for what reason, I have no idea) before answering the door. Still needs some thinking, I guess.

most likely they know when the phone was shut off

Right, when the phone stops pinging a tower it can be due to a few reasons. Cell phone off, cell phone ran out of battery, cell phone goes out of range of any cell tower, cell phone breaks, cell phone is no longer in a position to contact a cell tower (underground/put into Faraday cage/etc.)

Confusion - You make a good point about the phone. But I'm nearly positive that cell-phones only "ping" a tower when making or receiving calls / texts. And it seems that her phone data isn't telling LE anything we don't already know. Otherwise I feel like we would know that.
They ping at certain intervals any time they're turned on. That's why your batteries go dead so fast if you're in a place with little or no service and don't turn the phone off. They send out a signal until they get a response from a tower. MOO

I know Mollie has been deemed an organized woman but she could still wait 'til the last minute to inform her brother that she needs a ride. They were only a mile apart so it may not have been a big deal.

I used to do this with similar car sharing dilemmas in my family. I wouldn't plan anything the day before but then last minute in the morning I'd/we'd start figuring things out. Hell, sometimes I didn't say anything at all, and ignored their phone calls and texts lol.

We don't really know where brother was. Does he live at mom's? He had the car, he could been on a date or wherever.

Since it sounds like she was up late, I wonder if she overslept that morning?

I'm thinking about a "helpful" neighbor. Notices Mollie trying to rush the dogs out to potty, maybe Mollie comments about running behind or oversleeping and not having a vehicle. Neighbor offers to take her to work and she accepts. She may have known the neighbor well enough to feel comfortable with riding with him or went against her better judgement so she wasn't late/later to work.

It would allow for the dogs to be taken out then put in the basement, no signs of a struggle, explain why her work shirt wasn't home. But because I haven't the foggiest idea about anything else, I don't know if it works with everything that's known. It does seem like someone in the neighborhood would have seen her taking the dogs out in the morning, but I suppose she might take them into the backyard or somewhere not so visible or no one noticed her because people are off in their own little worlds/suffering morning fog.

I don't remember seeing anything about neighbors being interviewed in any of the news reports. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee