Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The missing ride info is strange. She did not contact her brother so that means there was someone else .
Not necessarily - if my sister says to me she'll need a ride at 6 am I will set my alarm but still expect a call. Maybe for them they handled it by Mollie calling - "I have to be there in 40 minutes, come now". The mom knew she had to be there for the fair, maybe the brother was like, "hmm why hasn't she called, it's 7:30?" If she had gotten other rides in the past he may have assumed she got a ride from someone else.

The only thing that makes sense is that someone came up to the house that a.m. How hard was it raining?

The perp must have known Mollie was there alone. Wasn’t the perp worried someone else would drive up to get her in the a.m.?

<modsnipped quoted post>
also if she went back to moms the phone would of told le that

Last edited by a moderator:
The red shirt wasn't a normal work shirt. A fair was being held the day after she disappeared and everyone was going to wear a red shirt for that event. The shirt hasn't been found yet.

The above statement is incorrect. This is a screenshot taken at the end of the short video. Mollie and her co-passenger are in a bus/vehicle and they're both wearing identical T-shirts with the company logo. The person behind them is also wearing a red T-shirt. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Red T-shirt.JPG

Family, co-workers fear for ‘bubbly, cheerful’ teen who vanished

As her work uniform includes a red shirt, the police are now informing the public that Tibbetts may be wearing jogging clothes such as running tights and a sports bra or her red uniform shirt and denim shorts.

Mollie Tibbetts: Full Story & Must-See Details Of Missing IU Student

Last edited:
re: Mollie having her phone on her when whatever happened happened. Many people, especially younger generations, carry their phones around constantly, like an appendage. Listening to music/podcasts/ready access to receive/send text/SM messages.

Wary - She has been missing now for 10 days. The FBI has been on the case for 3-4 days. Is it possible that they wouldn't yet have the phone data?

I think that you're likely right. But they're keeping information so tight that I'm not sure we'll hear anything when they do get the data.

But...the important thing is for them to solve this, not for them to satisfy our curiosity....

I associate this sort of silence with LE who think they know who their suspect is--does anyone else remember the woman who disappeared near Big Bear early this year, and was found buried with her dog, out in the desert? LE in that case kept very silent, and didn't release lots of info that we knew they had, like surveillance video.

The above statement may be incorrect. This is a screenshot taken at the end of the short video. Mollie and her co-passenger are in a bus/vehicle and they're both wearing identical T-shirts. The person behind them is also wearing a red T-shirt. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

View attachment 140199

Family, co-workers fear for ‘bubbly, cheerful’ teen who vanished
It is normal for schools to have identical shirts for staff and children to be worn on field trip. That way everyone can see each other and stand out in crowds.

To the person who asked about why she didn't go to her mom's for dinner, we now know what she was working on her computer later that evening, so the no-show for dinner is a red herring. One thing I pointed out previously to others is that she never really committed to dinner --- she only said "OK" --- and if she had firmly committed to dinner the mother would certainly have responded differently to her not showing up.

I don’t know what type of phone Mollie had, but I have an iPhone and when you use ICloud to find the phone, it will show the exact location and not just tower pings. That is one of the reasons that I keep location services turned on. I would think she would keep location services on as she is a runner and probably pairs her Fitbit to it. Do we know the type of phone she has?

I may be being a stickler for details, but I want to point out that it was said that she was doing homework in the late "evening", not late "night", there's a big difference. Evening typically starts about 5-6 p.m. and late evening is usually about 8-9 p.m. After that, it would usually be considered night, at least among most of the people I know. To me it sounds more like she ran from 7-8 as they said before, did some homework, sent the SC to DJ at some point, took a shower (either before or after homework, but definitely after the run), put the dogs downstairs and planned to go to bed because she had to be up early. It's possible someone came to the door after she had taken out her contacts and had put the dogs down for the night, but it could be before the shower, after the shower but before bed, after she was in bed for the night, or in the morning before she let the dogs up or put in her contacts (or put on her glasses.) I know, that really narrows things down!

The thing that bothers me is the phone. I keep wondering how long it kept pinging. It almost had to be either turned off or broken if it was already going directly to voicemail by 7:30 a.m. since I can't believe someone as responsible as she seems to be would forget to charge it. That makes me think whatever happened was either while she was getting ready for a shower or after she was up in the morning because I doubt that she wore her Fitbit and phone to bed at night. Sorry, I'm just rambling now. MOO
I sometimes wear my Fitbit to bed at night. It can track your sleep.

To anyone with knowledge in analytics/statistics — wouldn’t the new timeline (no longer while jogging) decrease the probability the person of interest is unknown/random? That just seems logical. They would need to know a rough schedule.

I am not a sleuth by any means, and am hesitant to even comment much more as I feel it is important to respect the investigation and have confidence in the training and capabilities of the Federal Breauea.

I am new to the forum; I have been taken by the story — Mollie seems genuinely good, kind, and caring as anyone could be. I believe hope is important and prayer is one of the most powerful moves we can make. I just put myself in Mollie’s place and would wish for prayers that good prevails, prayers for family and all those working on the case.
Even if you’re not used to praying, I don’t think it would be in vain.

As for all the mothers/daughters/sisters on the forum, I advise reading The Gift of Fear. This is a solid book that helps one be more attune to their intuition, as it could save one’s life.

Also, though a tangent, wondering if anyone has heard the Radiolab podcast “Eye in the Sky”? This type of system, if in place, would vastly reduce the time to solve an abduction and improve all odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo